1. 1. Happy or unhappy?

• Happy with that
    • Unhappy with that
    • Indifferent

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unhappy in a big way. Fortunately for the club, it would seem I'm part of a small minority.

Regardless of who it is... They will get strong backing and then the same people will be saying he has lost the dressing room within a couple of months, or similar tired lines... followed by, ok you want to sack him but who would take this job ? ... Followed by we can't afford to sack him...

:lol:

Edited by oafc0000

"IF"?

Fair point.

IF it's Dickov, despite the fact I've never liked him as a player I will be completely and utterly indifferent, because I know nothing about his abilities and potential as a manager, or indeed how well he interviewed. Much may depend on who his assistant is and what his contacts are like.

As mentioned somewhere, some of the qualities that made Dickov an annoying player might make him a good manager. Although I'm less than convinced about TTA's ability to deal with a manager who might be argumentative and demanding.

Guest FyldeBlue
Am I the only one struggling to read that ?

NO....yet another example of the education system failing !... or is mobile phone texting to blame... who knows?

One thing for sure, Paul Dickov will bring a new attitude to B.P. sort out the'pretenders' and give the workers/tryers a chance to prove they are good enough to represent him and the club.

I'm looking forward to the new season now, not a bit sad that Martin Gray has left when he surely was as much to blame for the team playing such negative 4 - 5 - 1 erm....football ?... somehow doesn't seem to fit, whatever he and D.P. classed it as, rubbish in my book.

Good luck Paul.....and welcome to Boundary Park the home of Oldham Athletic and the moaners supporters club. :grin:

Was I the only one who heard on multiple occasions last season "get that little Scottish Dick off" from certain people in the crowd last season particularly when a chap called Parker was on the pitch. On that basis you would imagine it will be a popular appointment

Edited by GlossopLatic

no for me its a dam joke end off dickov got no experience atall now fans will get on the back off him when he starts his job he is not the right man for the job you guy think he is good.

Ironic considering your user name, big Joe had no managerial experience before he was recruited by the Latics.

Edited by BP1960

I'm resigned to a new manager, who would not have been my first choice, but then again I along with everybody else know nothing about his managerial potential - the people appointing him are the ones who have to be convinced - the pity is they do not appear to have the conviction to announce the appointment and silence the speculation.

I understand the new manager whoever he may be might be on holiday -but with all the leaks (are they intentional???) I think an announcement would be the opportunity to silence the critics and underline their support of the new appointment

if it is to be Dickov then fine but lets all sign up to giving him time - no moaning before Xmas - no Dickov out before we have played at least 16 games - and no anti jock jokes!

I dont want to knock Dickov and will be happy to give him a chance.

Really glad its noy Grey.

I just think after all the hype its again really unadventurous of our owners, as in lack of experience.

Rant over, now lets see Dickov give us the attacking football that we crave!