• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make this fairly young cynic eat his words TTA - make it happen, until then I still will believe it when I see it. I was initially for the scheme, then against it when I realised it was the take it or leave it option but gradually I have been won back over believing it is the only way forward. Deliver and hand over the extra-revenue streams and I'll be all for it...otherwise we're just skint but in a nice ground - same as Darlo!

I am all for the new stadium but i thought there was a problem with the land thats why i said if. Is that sort out yet?

Just seen the video, so its confirmed, flat pack 1 tier ground from B&Q on the cheap. I cannot say enough how much i despise 1 tier grounds with poor gradients, they are souless and usually have no atmosphere whatsoever. If the corners arnt there, which if i remember correctly, wont be there until we expand capacity, then it will look shockingly bad.

Why didn't we look in to expanding capacity like preston can by extending the back? Would have been much more preferable to have a decent main stand and/or home end and smaller stands with the capacity to extend.

Its in the wrong place, looks :censored:e on the artists impressions, and will look even worse when its done because it won't have corners, i dont even know why they insist on showing it with the corner when we wont have them any time in the next 1000 years.

Redeveloping the Lookers would have given us a much better ground than the one shown there.

Is it a ground you would want to visit? Not me.

edit: I accept we have to move, and the locations are limited, and that we are not a massive club that commands a 20,000 capacity ground. I was willing to compromise on the location as long as the ground was of a decent standard but no, we are being served dog:censored: in manchester...... nice!

Edited by cmr

I'm happy with it shame we cant do somthing with the corners , to avoid losing what little atmousphere there will be .

The stand without corners looks odd in comparison to the rest of the stadium.

Which is the home end ?

Just seen the video, so its confirmed, flat pack 1 tier ground from B&Q on the cheap. I cannot say enough how much i despise 1 tier grounds with poor gradients, they are souless and usually have no atmosphere whatsoever. If the corners arnt there, which if i remember correctly, wont be there until we expand capacity, then it will look shockingly bad.

Why didn't we look in to expanding capacity like preston can by extending the back? Would have been much more preferable to have a decent main stand and/or home end and smaller stands with the capacity to extend.

Its in the wrong place, looks :censored:e on the artists impressions, and will look even worse when its done because it won't have corners, i dont even know why they insist on showing it with the corner when we wont have them any time in the next 1000 years.

Redeveloping the Lookers would have given us a much better ground than the one shown there.

edit: I accept we have to move, and the locations are limited, and that we are not a massive club that commands a 20,000 capacity ground. I was willing to compromise on the location as long as the ground was of a decent standard but no, we are being served dog:censored: in manchester...... nice!

Is that a no then?

Exactly, are they afraid to show what we will actually get as a stand alone version?

There should definitely be an image of what we start with....makes a big difference IMO

Just got back from it now. The residents are picking at every little thing to not have the stadium built. Like the ground is right the TA building, whats to stop fans breaking in and using the army equipment?!

They seemed to think I was part of the development team, they were getting pretty angry with any solutions I put to them, parking etc. They just don't want it full stop and won't budge an inch. They aren't going to be persuaded.

Just got back from it now. The residents are picking at every little thing to not have the stadium built. Like the ground is right the TA building, whats to stop fans breaking in and using the army equipment?!

They seemed to think I was part of the development team, they were getting pretty angry with any solutions I put to them, parking etc. They just don't want it full stop and won't budge an inch. They aren't going to be persuaded.

Those residents you spoke to. Not all residents.

That said, I'm not sure I'd want a football stadium built on my doorstep!

Edited by opinions4u

They probably won't matter that much.

Anyway, if they get it stopped, what else could be built there? A nice factory? Distribution centre? Who knows. They'd object to anything at all being built there, like lots of people would, but at the end of the day the only way to control what happens on a piece of land is to own it. It really astounds me how someone can sit in a building next to someone else's land and think it's ok to say "you can't build there, but it was ok for me to build here".

They probably won't matter that much.

Anyway, if they get it stopped, what else could be built there? A nice factory? Distribution centre? Who knows. They'd object to anything at all being built there, like lots of people would, but at the end of the day the only way to control what happens on a piece of land is to own it. It really astounds me how someone can sit in a building next to someone else's land and think it's ok to say "you can't build there, but it was ok for me to build here".

Compensation was mentioned a number of times and that the club are looking to make money on this etc. Just your typical bunch of local residents, only think about themselves and not others.

I couldn't get there today but did anyone see any councillors or members of the council's planning department? Did the club give any indication of the timescales they are now talking about? No doubt the NIMBYs and Luddites will fight this all the way!

I couldn't get there today but did anyone see any councillors or members of the council's planning department? Did the club give any indication of the timescales they are now talking about? No doubt the NIMBYs and Luddites will fight this all the way!

I heard something that this could take 3 years to get the planning permission and the stadium built but don't take that as gospel.

Poor fish attempt. Been stated capacity will be 12,000. Still could have a two tier venue like Southend and places.

2 tier, 1 tier... does it really make a difference to you? Just what would 2 tiers achieve?

2 tier, 1 tier... does it really make a difference to you? Just what would 2 tiers achieve?

"2 tiers = ambition (good)" "1 tier = bad" :grin:

What did happen to Corporal Jones?