vuvuzela horns

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're gettin' right on my tits already!

You can't hear the crowd properly, no atmosphere. And this game needs all the help it can get!

Here's hoping for "you can stick your vuvuzelas up your arse" at 7.30 tomorrow.

isn't right is it?

i want to hear singing when I watch football.

Agree with what others have said so far. I'm all for having a world cup that gives us some of the culture of the host nation, but those horns take the piss! I don't mind it being at one or two games, i suppose if it were just all South African games, but imo they just take away completely from the atmosphere.

Admittedly i'm watching from back home and not at the grounds themselves but i imagine this is all the players can hear. I say this as i feel it has an impact on the game, especially on the performance of the players. For example, when a team is beginning to attack quite freqeuntly, the crowd seem to up the noise and encourage the team. This in turn then can lift the players a bit more. With them horns though , its just the same sound for 90 mins, giving no indication of how the game is going and detracting from the atmosphere.

The France game tonight for example (okay the game wasn't fantastic anyway) had the feel of a friendly were kids have been let in for free and given giveaway horns, thundersticks etc.

Im hoping i get use to it and will probably have to as i cant see FIFA stopping them from using them unless they banned them from bringing them inside the grounds which is unlikely!

No need for a poll on this one, they are friggining maddening. Although I suppose they are meant to be. Commentary in Arabic is also remarkably alike to rubbing a cheesegrater over your ears so it's not a winning audio experience for me.

Is it just me then that isn't all that arsed about them? You just get used to them really. The only thing that's bad is they drown out the crowd cheering a goal. Anything is better than listening to ITV's commentry team anyway.

Didn't bother me either.

They are lovely, especially when being on a walky talky trying to talk to someone and a fan comes and blasts one down your ear :wink:

Ive got one at home anyway for when we get to wembley , shall I take orders for people who want them now ? :peepwall:

They are lovely, especially when being on a walky talky trying to talk to someone and a fan comes and blasts one down your ear :wink:

Ive got one at home anyway for when we get to wembley , shall I take orders for people who want them now ? :peepwall:

Hears my order for you - bend over and wait to receive my horn.

Ok, it might be easy to say this from the comfort of my armchair with a volume control next to me, but these vuvezula things are no where near as fecking annoying as finding yourself three fecking rows in front of the England "band".

Bunch of noisy, talentless bastards.

It sounds like a U21's game, when i went to watch england U21's v Wales U21's all we got for the whole game were them horns.

Give away tickets will do that.

I will re-iterate the earlier comment though.

Oldham v Leyton Orient, Division 4 playoff Final 2014. Will be where I get arrested for throwing a child off the upper tier.

Charlie Brooker was well on form on Twitter about them: "There's an Aphex Twin track that sounds exactly like this. But about 85 minutes shorter, because THAT'S AS MUCH AS A HUMAN CAN WITHSTAND"

I hate Charlie Brooker. That bird offa Blue Peter was mine. Now he's spoilt her.