Dickov's First season as Manager

2010 / 2011 Where will Latics Finish?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Where in the league do you think we will finish?

• Champions
    • Play Offs
    • Top Ten
    • Better than 2009/2010 Season
    • Bottom 5 but safe
    • We are Doomed... Relegation beckons

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in oldham close to westwood in oldham he got a black car.

Funny that as I know where Gregan lives and since training wasn't on I'm not sure why he would be in Oldham. There's at least 2 Tesco's nearer (one of which is better), not to mention a sainsbury's, morrison's, asda and 2 M&S. Plus if he was going to go shopping as opposed to shop online why would he go to Oldham where he could get hassled.

Edited by rudemedic

in oldham close to westwood in oldham he got a black car.

are u my girlfriend in disguise?

'ooh u should see our mandys new car it's lovely, big wheels, electric everything, dead sporty'

'what kind is it?'

'it's a black one'

I went for Better than 2009/2010 Season

Think the players we have with some confidence and being allowed/encouraged to play attacking football will get the desired results and see us finish midtable upwards an not have any relegation fears.

Without any sign yet of how Dickov is going to have his team prepared, play or players he has available - very difficult to say yet.

However, regardless of how we start the season, although a couple of early wins will always give people confidence - I hope people give him and his players time to play the way he/coaching staff want them to and that the dingbats stay off their backs, should we not start well.

I feel a bit sorry for him already as he is going to be judged on a team full of Penney's poor signings.

What if........Penney turned out to have a good eye for players, but hadn't the ability to get them to gel.

How strange would it be to see those same players demolishing sides under a new boss?

Jeez! Those mushrooms tasted strange!

What if........Penney turned out to have a good eye for players, but hadn't the ability to get them to gel.

How strange would it be to see those same players demolishing sides under a new boss?

I think most of us agree that his tactics were pretty terrible, that can easily make decent players look poor. Even just letting the fullbacks get forward once in a while could give the team a whole different shape

Where do you think we will finish?

I say 8th.

8th would be an enormous achievement. I just can't see it. Without wishing to be unduly negative, I currently think we'll be relegated. I'm more than happy to be proven wrong.

Neither is us winning the carling cup.

Yes it is, i've explained in the other thread.

Hope you all managed to get on. Got maximum bet of £9.25 on him @ 20/1, when news filtered through he'd been interviewed.

Paid for the annual bets anyway.

£70 on us to win promotion

£30 on us to win the the league

£15 on us to win the league cup

£10 on us to win the fa cup

£25 on us to win the league cup£25 on us to progress into the last 8 of the league or fa cup

£30 on us to win the JPT

£10 e/w on Alessendra & Eaves to be league one top goalscorer

Yet you bet on it twice?

Edited by singe

Without any sign yet of how Dickov is going to have his team prepared, play or players he has available - very difficult to say yet.

However, regardless of how we start the season, although a couple of early wins will always give people confidence - I hope people give him and his players time to play the way he/coaching staff want them to and that the dingbats stay off their backs, should we not start well.

What he said.

Voted bottom 5 but safe; as I hope some signings will be made to make us slightly stronger than we were last season; but for the most part I expect PD will be working with the bulk of last seasons team; who bar 1 or 2 exceptions; are relegation material players. Factoring in the above; I hope to be 6 to 9 points better off than we were this season; seeing us in the bottom sides but safe IMO

Edited by slystallone