Something i like to take off my Chest?

What are you saying that someone at the club asked you to speak to him about a player remaining/signing with the club?

No... someone at the club asked how he KNEW that they had spoke to a player when half the staff didnt know !

There are many members on here not just RA who either know players or staff at the club and envoke a bit of pillow talk.

Its all good fun and why a group of fans join in chat on a football forum

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It does seem a shame that things get so personal at times.

It takes all sorts to make a world and we are all aware that there are enough problems around that stress people out.

I aint going to patronise anyone or show favour but I do believe that we should show some tolerance and understanding to various posters on the site who may not be as fortunate as others.

They may annoy people but in the main they do not set out to offend.

ok.... look at it from this point ! he may seem to talk BS to some.. but he is the only person that club have EVER asked me to speak to about players being at the club !

Everyone is welcome to post on Owtb friend or foe, Ackey as said it a number of times, if you dont agree or like what ANY poster says dont reply !

We try to control what is posted, to make the MB friendly and readable, everyone is entitled to their opinions, many dont reflect what the masses think but that doesnt make them wrong !

I dont get what you mean. Why would half the club know that the club have spoken to a player, and surely you must have known, so it wouldn't be hard for others to have known?

It does seem a shame that things get so personal at times.

It takes all sorts to make a world and we are all aware that there are enough problems around that stress people out.

I aint going to patronise anyone or show favour but I do believe that we should show some tolerance and understanding to various posters on the site who may not be as fortunate as others.

They may annoy people but in the main they do not set out to offend.

Yo Barry, whats the update with :censored:, is Paul not interested at all, cause Alex says theres been no approach as yet?

I guess that is one of the down sides of posting on the internet. It is very hard to interpret if someone is genuine or not in what they are saying, and the intent of the poster makes a huge difference.

E.g. If I said I heard <insert player> was having a trial at Oldham, and I was doing it just to get a reaction - then that is pretty pathetic and it is right for the members of the board to be upset. If I truly believed it and heard it from a credible source, but it turned out not to happen - then I would expect a bit more tolerance from other members.

The amount of these false posts by certain members of this board makes a reasonable person deduce that they are just fishing for reactions. That does not mean that this is the case though.

I for one am guilty of not taking into account that some members may not be as able as other people in certain areas, but that doesn't mean they should be stopped from posting or abused for any reason.

I think face to face, people make a lot more allowances for the differences people have - and most of these problems we have on this board would not occur in the first place.

I do think that the mods on here do a good job, but this is one of the areas I thought they did the wrong thing by not stopping certain posters. It turns out I was wrong, and I apologise if I offended anyone.

the way i see it is if the admin think it's ok for this tool to keep posting this crap then this board will end it like jk dead in the water,of the top of my head luke beckett, jarrett,paul murrey and lee hughes fecks sake get over it he left over a year ago.

i agree.

it's gettin boring now.

however, im sure Royal Army has multiple accounts. he prob even replies to himself in threads.

I'm pretty sure Chris O'Grady went for free, sure people on here will back me up on this.

hahaha

I don't know how you do it man. How do people not see it?

For those of you not paying attention he's mimicking RoyleArmy and walking a very fine line.

If a poster wants to comment on a topic or make one up or begin one, without this board he/she may not do so.

If you feel it's BS, surely it's easier to laugh it off and not comment.

There are a lot of 'readers' on this site who rarely post, for many different reasons I presume and without 'different' styles of poster, surely this board would not serve it's purpose and be pretty boring.

Either way, like RA or lump him/her, he/she has the same entitlement to post surely as the rest of us 'herberts!'

Edited by futchers briefs

On a serious point, if RA is for real like Wardle suggests, maybe a mod needs to have a word with him about toning it down because posting stuff like he has in this thread can't be doing him any good.

And thats about a nice as i'll get today.

On a serious point, if RA is for real like Wardle suggests, maybe a mod needs to have a word with him about toning it down because posting stuff like he has in this thread can't be doing him any good.

And thats about a nice as i'll get today.

Already in hand

I can esure everyone, RA is real.... In fact, more real than a few other posters !! :wink:

I'm pretty sure Chris O'Grady went for free, sure people on here will back me up on this.

Probably not, it's okay to be wrong and then accepting the truth y'know.

Problems start when individuals refuse, or deny the facts.