Ollenershaw played the 2nd 45 at Barrow due to Flemming's Mrs having a kid either just before or on the day of the game. Congratulations Mr and Mrs F on your new addition.

"Mr Fleming, would you like to hold your baby?"

"Aaaaarrrrgggghhhhhh!"

*all the doctors shout in alarm as the baby slips through Greg's fingers and falls to the floor*

Ollenershaw played the 2nd 45 at Barrow due to Flemming's Mrs having a kid either just before or on the day of the game. Congratulations Mr and Mrs F on your new addition.

and he made two decent saves too much more busier of the two keepers and one to watch for the future

he had some shocking games in the SPL

Clean slate now though... I HOPE!

Only saw him against Celtic on the telly, and that, ahem, wasn't the best.

Seeing him in person, in the higher level of Division 3, he hasn't impressed - but he is young and can develop yet. No point in offing him.

NB. He was playing in Scotlands Division 2.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

Seeing him in person, in the higher level of Division 3, he hasn't impressed - but he is young and can develop yet. No point in offing him.

his first season towards the end he did do well, still pre-season, the players are rusty, but there is potential there

Flem: September 27, 1986 (age 23)

Brill: December 2, 1985 (age 24)

Funny how only a year older Brill's not given the same chance isn't it...?

Flem: September 27, 1986 (age 23)

Brill: December 2, 1985 (age 24)

Funny how only a year older Brill's not given the same chance isn't it...?

Didn't realise that myself, but...

I've not seen ANY professional keeper make the cockups Brill has. Not even a 17 debutant.

I don't think either keeper is good enough. No idea if Ollerenshaw is, but he's not experienced. But, come on we all know it. Keepers are easy to sign. You can get decent comfortabley. There's probably 15 in Division 4 better than ours.

Am I the only one not convinced by Fleming?

I ain't convinced by Fleming or Brill.

I haven't seen the replays but it appeared to me that Fleming could have done better for the first Burnley goal.

We seem to have 1 'keeper who never wants to be on his line and another that won't move off it.

I ain't convinced by Fleming or Brill.

I haven't seen the replays but it appeared to me that Fleming could have done better for the first Burnley goal.

We seem to have 1 'keeper who never wants to be on his line and another that won't move off it.

Brill made some ridculous blunders last season, but still kept a lot of clean sheets ( even this is to do with the defence ). He seems a confidence player, as does Fleming, which as we all know at Latics you never have a chance to gain confidence due to the whinging.

"Mr Fleming, would you like to hold your baby?"

"Aaaaarrrrgggghhhhhh!"

*all the doctors shout in alarm as the baby slips through Greg's fingers and falls to the floor*

Nah BigFin, he'd hold on to the baby, but he'd scythe the doctor down on the way across the delivery room floor! :wink:

Didn't realise that myself, but...

I've not seen ANY professional keeper make the cockups Brill has. Not even a 17 debutant.

I don't think either keeper is good enough. No idea if Ollerenshaw is, but he's not experienced. But, come on we all know it. Keepers are easy to sign. You can get decent comfortabley. There's probably 15 in Division 4 better than ours.

You won't won't have seen Ray Clemence, Peter Shilton. David Seaman, Robert Green and Scott Carson amongst others then ?

I know its not thw whole story, but what is the goals conceded for each player,a dn clean sheets

Greg Fleming

P 17

GA 25

CS 5

Pen Saves 2

Average GA 1.47

Games per clean sheet (1 clean sheet per 3.4 games) - Over a season equates to 14 clean sheets in 46 games - Greg would concede 68 goals.

Dean Brill

P 28

GA 32

CS 11

Pen Saves 1

Average GA 1.14

Games per clean Sheet (1 clean sheet per 2.54 games) Over a season equates to 18 clean sheets in 46 games - Dean would concede 52 goals.

Edited by Ackey
Tidied the formatting up for you mate