For me; Fleming is the obvious #1 from what’s available. I can’t see a ‘Keeper coming in; so it’s 2 from 3 from the ones we’ve got for starter and bench warmer.

I think his pro’s outweigh his cons too; he is a cracking shot stopper; has really impressive reactions and dominates his area well. He used to rush of his line a little too readily; we’ll have to see if he still does; and his kicking from ground was sometimes suspect too; once again we’ll see if that has improved.

Dean Brill is a woeful ‘keeper – if I was a Luton fan, I’d be peed off if he was still between the sticks, playing in the Blue Square Prem!! The fact he’s with us on a (reportly) nice contract in League 1 is just a joke! He’s about as bad a goalie as I’ve seen play for us – and I include the immobile Miskelly, the pish Alan Blayney and the young loanee Richard O’Donnell in that. His lack of basic goalkeeping skills is such a worry; he can’t set a wall to save his life; doesn’t know where to stand after he’s set his “wall”, doesn’t know where to stand for corners; doesn’t know when to leave his line to come and claim, isn’t vocal (at all) and doesn’t even remotely look to dominate even his 6yrd box; let alone his area. He also can’t run properly either (watch him in warm-up’s if you haven’t noticed)

I’ve watched Ollerenshaw a few times in the youths & reserves; and to be honest he’s pretty raw. He’s got good basic shot stopping ability and he comes and claims crosses readily; but he is young and very inexperienced. That withstanding; he’d be on the bench ahead of Brill for me. I’d have him (DB) absolutely nowhere near the side; I don’t rate him that much.

If a club, any club, is mad enough to want him – I’d let him go quicker than you can say ‘calamity ‘keeper’. Hell, I’ll drive him there myself.

Greg Fleming

P 17

GA 25

CS 5

Pen Saves 2

Average GA 1.47

Games per clean sheet (1 clean sheet per 3.4 games) - Over a season equates to 14 clean sheets in 46 games - Greg would concede 68 goals.

Dean Brill

P 28

GA 32

CS 11

Pen Saves 1

Average GA 1.14

Games per clean Sheet (1 clean sheet per 2.54 games) Over a season equates to 18 clean sheets in 46 games - Dean would concede 52 goals.

Ooooh, Stats.

You know, 87.7723% of the time, stats mean naff all.

Especially ones that make Dean Brill look like a decent 'keeper.

Ooooh, Stats.

You know, 87.7723% of the time, stats mean naff all.

Especially ones that make Dean Brill look like a decent 'keeper.

I've heard Dickov doesn't rate him and we're after another keeper, one who shared the plaudits in a certain Play-Off final...

Greg Fleming

P 17

GA 25

CS 5

Pen Saves 2

Average GA 1.47

Games per clean sheet (1 clean sheet per 3.4 games) - Over a season equates to 14 clean sheets in 46 games - Greg would concede 68 goals.

Dean Brill

P 28

GA 32

CS 11

Pen Saves 1

Average GA 1.14

Games per clean Sheet (1 clean sheet per 2.54 games) Over a season equates to 18 clean sheets in 46 games - Dean would concede 52 goals.

Cheers prozac, I'd had laid £500 you'd have the answer pretty sharpish.

IT does back up what I thought, from afar.

Brill makes more obvious mistakes, but you are more likely to conced with Fleming in the net.

clearly it takes no account of who was in front of hi though.

I've heard Dickov doesn't rate him and we're after another keeper, one who shared the plaudits in a certain Play-Off final...

Hmmm, the Weaver thing has been around a bit hasn't it? Not sure myself - wages and the dodgy knees would be the first 2 reasons i'd be saying No.......

But, if it means Brill is moved on; I'm on board!! :wink:

Edited by slystallone

Hmmm, the Weaver thing has been around a bit hasn't it? Not sure myself - wages and the dodgy knees would be the first 2 reasons i'd be saying No.......

But, if it means Brill is moved on; I'm on board!! :wink:

I think he'd be a good signing apart from his like of a pint - but he'd be useful in bringing on the other keepers at the club. Tranmere have been sniffing round and I see the young WBA stopper the Bin Dippers had on loan last season has signed for Brizzle.

Edited by oafcprozac

Dean Brill for the few mistakes he made last season he also made a lot of good saves. The fans got on his back and destroyed his confidence. I'm hoping Dickov can restore it, because Dean could end up being a good keeper for us. The claims that he's as bad as Blayney and that O'Donnell kid are ridiculous and spouted by haters. I don't think Dickov is looking to replace Brill or Fleming either. If he was he would have announced them up for transfer when he announced the others.

From the game ive seen so far Brill does seem to have more confidence, or atleast is being a lot more vocal to his defence. Unless we bring another keeper in he is going to be our #1.

You just know that our fans won't forget the gaffs from last season and get on his back at the first opportunity. Apart from his mistakes he wasn't that bad, as the stats ackey posted show.... it wouldn't have been noticed as much as it was if we had a team last season that could score more than 1 goal in a game. Is a lot of pressure knowing that if you conceed a goal then we have lost or maybe could salvage a point if a miracle happens.

Did Brill play the full game on Saturday?

yes he did strangley enough but in the last two friendlies prior, fleming came on second half.hmmm

Someone did shout out from the crowd after the first one went in "you can save one you know..." Clean slate from the fans? some have long memories and peeved me off too that comment did.

So I shouted out to him coming in off the field at half time "keep going Dean..."

Support please he wears the shirt and the oppostion have to get passed 10 other ;atics men before they reach him you know.

Back on track however, in the long, long, past (2oyrs ago at least), we always did have a reputation of having decent GK's and always had two of them postioning for the number one spot. Some games you never knew which one was playing until the day of the game. Goram/Gorton, Rhodes/Hallworth. I am hoping the same style might them encourage a little heathy competetion between and bring the best out of them both

yes he did strangley enough but in the last two friendlies prior, fleming came on second half.hmmm

Someone did shout out from the crowd after the first one went in "you can save one you know..." Clean slate from the fans? some have long memories and peeved me off too that comment did.

So I shouted out to him coming in off the field at half time "keep going Dean..."

Support please he wears the shirt and the oppostion have to get passed 10 other ;atics men before they reach him you know.

Back on track however, in the long, long, past (2oyrs ago at least), we always did have a reputation of having decent GK's and always had two of them postioning for the number one spot. Some games you never knew which one was playing until the day of the game. Goram/Gorton, Rhodes/Hallworth. I am hoping the same style might them encourage a little heathy competetion between and bring the best out of them both

Maybe Fleming will get a full game against Wigan ?

Apart from his mistakes he wasn't that bad

So he was pretty bad then!

the stats prove nothing other than despite our failings last season we had a pretty solid defence.

Brill is awful and doesn't do the basics like catching and angles very well. Like someone has noticed, have you seen him run?

I would not be happy with DB in goal and expect more of the same. I would happily eat my words though.

Fleming has to be first choice. Far from the finished article but there is much more material to work with.

I'm willing to give the keepers a clean slate and fight for the position, no point just writing someone off. I don't think Brill, Fleming or Ollerenshaw have made any serious blunders so far after 3 games?

According to the Rarely Wrong, tonight's starting XI has been decided. Athletic: Brill; Lee, Hazell, Jarrett, Black; Jones, Furman, Stephens, Alessandra; Feeney, Brooke. Subs: Fleming, Lomax, Fodor, MacDonald, Kompany, Worthington, Millar, Abbott, Eaves.

If true, Brill starts again with Fleming on the bench. I would have thought Fleming would be given a full game after Brill played 90 minutes last Saturday. Maybe PD / GT / PG has seen something in the lad, which they can develop but he scared me rigid last season. Angles to cock, wall placing poor, stick or twist with crosses. Unless there's a vast improvement, he's too dodgy for this league IMO. If Fleming isn't given the same game time in the friendlies, won't his confidence (and form) dip?