Taylor WTF is going on with him?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give the ginger winger time, he will do good this season if we play attacking football. Hes right sided on the left and most of last season he was either injured or stuck midway in his own half defending. Hes a young kid and would kill for the club, The anti Taylor bandwagon is getting tired and very very predictable. :disappointed::disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:

I would imagine if he turned water to wine some moaners would say "All well and good son but I wanted white wine not red" :grin:

Sorry but my patience has finally snapped, 35 mins at Barrow cries off with a hamstring pull that is revealed to be a dead leg, Told to get on with it, now crying off with another twinge. Supposed to be back tonight, but now said to be out. What is going on with him? If we're in for another season like last year (genuine injuries or not) I say cash in. He's becoming a liability. If it was up to me I'd plan the formation without him.

Chris has a hamstring problem that is preventing him from playing, he is receiving treatment from both the club physio and a Chiropractor.... He and the club knew he wasn't in contention to play tonight, so it came as a surprise to us to read in the Chron that he was looking to come back tonight. The Chron also stated that he came off at Barrow with cramp!! I don't know who (if anyone) the Chron speak to at the club, but the rubbish they print is very damaging to both the players and the club, as unfortunately a lot of people don't know the facts and believe whatever they read! As we all know from reading these boards some people are very quick to crucify our players and the season hasn't even started yet!! I for one would take most things you read in the Chron with a very, very large pinch of salt, as this time (once again) they have got it totally wrong.....................

Give the ginger winger time, he will do good this season if we play attacking football. Hes right sided on the left and most of last season he was either injured or stuck midway in his own half defending. Hes a young kid and would kill for the club, The anti Taylor bandwagon is getting tired and very very predictable. :disappointed::disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:

I would imagine if he turned water to wine some moaners would say "All well and good son but I wanted white wine not red" :grin:

it must be hell for any of the strikers to play with him. Back in the days of Eyresy, Holden and Adams you knew even as a fan that they would get the ball, beat their man and whip a ball over.

Taylor cuts inside does this and that and gets nowhere and if he cuts in the ball comes from the direction behind abbott et al and not from the front where they culd attack the ball and head it in = GET HIM ON THE RIGHT.

Oh and he is 23, has played in the first team now for nigh on 3 years or more, he is a man and needs to toughen up with these little 'niggles and knocks' and take a leaf out of gregans book and play with god knows how many injuries and still give his all.

I would have (for now) Lomax at left back (only available fit option at present) and have black at left wing - can beat a man, left footed and whips the ball in, then have CT right wing and KEEP HIM THERE for 3 months to let him adjust to it again................

provided he is fit of course......

Edited by shefflatic

That my friend is because he isnt a left winger!! he is a RIGHT WINGER

The most damage he has ever done to a side was his debut vs forest on the....oh yes.........RIGHT WING

Until any of our coaches realises this and swaps him across wings he will never progress, another one of mr sheridan's wonderful decisions.........

With all due respect to Sheridan he ripped it up on the left the other year

I think taylor works best when accompanied by a good overlapping full back ala sheehan or to a lesser extent jones.

It's no coincidence he had his finest season when he had the calming influence and experience of Simon Charlton behind him...

I think taylor works best when accompanied by a good overlapping full back ala sheehan or to a lesser extent jones.

I would agree to some extent when he is on the left side of midfield as the only reason the full backs can overlap is because Taylor drifts inside giving him the option to play them thr through ball for them to run onto. Isn't the case obviously when he is on the right as he would run to the corner flag preventing any such overlap.

That my friend is because he isnt a left winger!! he is a RIGHT WINGER

The most damage he has ever done to a side was his debut vs forest on the....oh yes.........RIGHT WING

Until any of our coaches realises this and swaps him across wings he will never progress, another one of mr sheridan's wonderful decisions.........

So what you are saying is that Taylor's best ever game was his debut? Better than any of the games he played on the left wing? Right....

I came late to this, but you and Prozac came exactly to the point I was going to make. It's deadly having a winger cutting in onto his stronger foot, nobody complained about Arsenal making most of their attacks that way for years. He just needs the support to keep the full back honest or it's too easy to defend. As for Taylor as a right winger, does he even know what he is like there, never mind anyone else? I doubt he has ever had much more impact on a game than when he tore Uddy a new one at the Gayfarm when we apparently had 7 men and a dog there.

Don't think for one minute that I'm comparing CT with any of these, but

1) Chris Waddle, left footed, played on the right most of the time

2) Arjen Robben, likewise

3) Ashley Young, right footed, plays mostly on the left

4) Joe Cole, likewise

5) Andreyi Arseshaving, pretty much right footed, pretty much stays on the left

and so on.

The reason it worked was that, apart from their God given natural ability, it allowed an overlapping full back to bomb on and pull defenders out of position. That couldn't happen last season because the Right Honourable Sir David Twopence wouldn't allow defenders anywhere near the half way line, let alone run past it.

Someone like Sheehan would work wonders with Taylor on the left. There's no reason why Paul Black can't develop into that role. There may be others out there that PD & GT are looking at in the Sheehan mould.

Don't forget that it was also widely believed that CT was forced to play with an injury last season. If that was the case, no wonder he's been suffering. Recovering from aggravated injuries takes so much longer and it's a case of gently does it. If CT's injury problems weren't genuine, don't you think Robophysio and Paul Butler would have sussed it?

Get the kid fully fit, get him the correct left sided partner and watch him tear defenders apart, plus he CAN keep switching to the right to give the left back some aggro as well.

What about 'Steo'?

Can't possibly count as he never played him. Same with K-Lee. One of the one things I will credit Dave Penis for is giving them two their chance. He could have easily gone out and got loan players when the injuries took over, but he had faith in them.

That said, Penney was a cock.

So what you are saying is that Taylor's best ever game was his debut? Better than any of the games he played on the left wing? Right....

his best ever game was Scunny away IMO , he was on the left wing then proving he can play there

Can't possibly count as he never played him. Same with K-Lee. One of the one things I will credit Dave Penis for is giving them two their chance. He could have easily gone out and got loan players when the injuries took over, but he had faith in them.

That said, Penney was a cock.

Sheridan signed him on a 3 year contract and immediately dubbed him 'one for the future'. 18 months later he was the best midfielder in the first team. Excellent signing, regardless of whether Sheridan stuck around long enough to see the benefit.

Largely agree with regards to Lee, however even most of the numpties on here could see that he would be more than good enough for Latics if only he got fit and started getting stuck in. So credit to Penney for sorting that, but I suspect it was made easy via Lee finding himself facing the Latics scrapheap , as opposed to being considered a bit of a marquee signing, as he was while Shez was here.