Charlton away + pre-season(ish) drinks

Markoasis

When I meet him, I will only call him Slash. Nothing else. Finito.

I know London prices are a little frightening for you 'still' northern boys, however I can absolutely guarantee a beer will not be £25.*

*unless it is in an establisment of ill-repute and naked ladies.

I don't partake in gentleman's establishments, don't see the appeal, just a frustration.

I was thinking more £5 loss as I expected a £20 ticket.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a cricket club nickname. So popular that when batting once the lad who was scoring had to shout to the middle for my real name as in 2 years he'd only ever called me slash.

The origin was our kid dancing on a table somewhere chatting up a girl who was the proper slash's double.

Exciting story over.

In summary, I'll stick with Paul

It's a cricket club nickname. So popular that when batting once the lad who was scoring had to shout to the middle for my real name as in 2 years he'd only ever called me slash.

The origin was our kid dancing on a table somewhere chatting up a girl who was the proper slash's double.

Exciting story over.

In summary, I'll stick with Paul

Thanks Slash.

What an exciting story.*

*crank the initiation up a couple of notches for that one.....

*crank the initiation up a couple of notches for that one....

I've heard that LL been getting a few tips on new initiation methods from our friends from the sands. Where he's going to find a camel in Woolwich is anyones guess*

* Why bigfin, why ?

Mark was it not yourself who said we'll have plenty of time for another pint before heading to Wembley for the England match against Russia and then we missed the first 5 minutes :wink:

Thats actually early for all of us. If we are there before 15 minutes have passed, we have made it on time...

Yep, if we see a kick off it's like all our christmas rolled into one !!!!!

No kick off was more exciting than the one in Peterborough in December 2008. Arriving at the station at 2.50 to make kick off was awesome.

I'm VERY excited. I can't wait. Unfortunately I'll be at the Chandos for 1245 not 12. I'll have a beer en route to catch up and bring something for the train...

Last year we watched 55-60 mins at Charlton, let's aim to see a little more. I reckon Zorro will be there. Not quite sure why, I just do...

I've ended up with a spare u18 ticket for a fiver. If any of you want to have a shave and use it then go for it...had no problems getting in last year with it whatsoever. In truth the mate who asked me to buy it for him beforehand has said he'll still pay for the ticket if unused so if it doesn't work I'll still get him to pay for it...so it's worth a shot for whoever fancies it :wink:

I've ended up with a spare u18 ticket for a fiver. If any of you want to have a shave and use it then go for it...had no problems getting in last year with it whatsoever. In truth the mate who asked me to buy it for him beforehand has said he'll still pay for the ticket if unused so if it doesn't work I'll still get him to pay for it...so it's worth a shot for whoever fancies it :wink:

Errrrr... I think i'm alright. I'm not prepared togive the turnstile operator that much of a laugh...

Lees?

In fairness mate, you only look 12 even when you've not had a shave ;-) You don't even need to do that. Providing it's windy you'll get away with it.

I think I'll take my chances and pay for a full adult ticket. I'm kinda resigned to growing up now!!!

In fairness mate, you only look 12 even when you've not had a shave ;-) You don't even need to do that. Providing it's windy you'll get away with it.

I think I'll take my chances and pay for a full adult ticket. I'm kinda resigned to growing up now!!!

Cheeky barsteward.