Charlton away + pre-season(ish) drinks

Markoasis

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, just a quick heads up: Don't bother trying to ring me, I won't answer. I know what you lot are like...

I see what you're doing. You're basically saying no, but you'll walk in at five to one and there won't be a dry eye in the House. You just want maximum tear-jerker value. I'm all for it - it'll be like Casablanca tomorrow lunchtime.

Oh, just a quick heads up: Don't bother trying to ring me, I won't answer. I know what you lot are like...

Ok. I see what you are trying to do....

... Everyone meet at Zorrro's at 11.45 to drag him out... we wont have to ring him then. Alternatively... paaaarrrtay at Zorrro's flat after. Tell his Mrs he invited us.

Ok. I see what you are trying to do....

... Everyone meet at Zorrro's at 11.45 to drag him out... we wont have to ring him then. Alternatively... paaaarrrtay at Zorrro's flat after. Tell his Mrs he invited us.

I think that would be perfectly fair given some of his post match pre roxy antics of last season....

I just think he wants us to beg

What I want is to arrive at the Chandos at 12pm, get pissed, watch us turn Charlton over, go into town, get rotten and then get the night bus home.

It just ain't happening.

I'll ring you at about 11.30, you can tell the Mrs its a call from work about some chicken related emergency and you have to head in. Return home stinking drunk 12 hours later.

She'll never suspect a thing.

:detectivegm0:

I'll ring you at about 11.30, you can tell the Mrs its a call from work about some chicken related emergency and you have to head in. Return home stinking drunk 12 hours later.

She'll never suspect a thing.

:detectivegm0:

If he drinks a bottle of piri piri on the nightbus he'll be home and dry ;)

Hardly been able to see OWTB all the time I've been back so I didn't know not to leave an abusive message for Mr Z. I will try to raise my game next time, sorry.

I am surprised there hasn't been mention of JSS dribbling his beer don his top as the train pulled out from Charing Cross. To be fair, it might have been his third.

Hardly been able to see OWTB all the time I've been back so I didn't know not to leave an abusive message for Mr Z. I will try to raise my game next time, sorry.

I am surprised there hasn't been mention of JSS dribbling his beer don his top as the train pulled out from Charing Cross. To be fair, it might have been his third.

This was blown out of proportion. I was mid-gulp and the Gregan/Alex chant went up. It made me laugh and I splurted some of it out. As I said at the time, it was merely a compliment to the company I was in :wink:

• 1 month later...
Lazing around from next week onwards, when not working a foreigner for the Ed Miliband leadership campaign. How's about Thursday 12th for pre-season scoops? Or...DUH DUH DUH...Friday 13th?

Congrats by the way. It's not my cup of tea, but some turnaround, from starting so far back.

And I am glad you did not choose ti campaign for Ed Balls, He beleives his own hype, and his whole career has been built as Browns stooge.

I'm not really sure what Ed Milibans stands for, probably because I am not interested, but an impressive result nonetheless.

Cheers. We might finally end up with a political party that fights it's main battles for the working man under Ed:mil. Apart from the Tory scum press bleating lazily about his left-wingery (he isn't left wing), he's got a fairly friendly electoral environment to work in. Happy days!

Oooh, you got the posh little boy who grew up on the knee of all the Primrose Hill Marxist intelligensia who called round to talk with Mummy and Daddy about how they were going to bring about the workers paradise, despite not many of them having every had a job themselves. A bit like him! Thank Heavens we don't have that Cameron in charge, because he's a posho! Or that Osbourne, silver spoon don't you know!

Edited by leeslover

Oooh, you got the posh little boy who grew up on the knee of all the Primrose Hill Marxist intelligensia who called round to talk with Mummy and Daddy about how they were going to bring about the workers paradise, despite not many of them having every had a job themselves. A bit like him! Thank Heavens we don't have that Cameron in charge, because he's a posho! Or that Osbourne, silver spoon don't you know!

What's your point, caller?

What's your point, caller?

You know full well. You talk about Milliband fighting the battle of the working man. Cameron at least has had them serve him and Obourne's family money is actually from a small factory employing them in industrial jobs. The Millibands were born into a Labour political class far more so then were the Tory Toffs, neither of them has done a days work in their lives outside of politics but you think they speak for the working man. Because of what they learnt on the knee of Viscount Anthony Wedgewood-Benn in some North London sitting room? Because some Neo-Marxist intellectuals helped them with their homework?

Tell me that this is closer to real life than a couple of the Tories in the cabinet having gone to Eton before they also went to Oxford

You know full well. You talk about Milliband fighting the battle of the working man. Cameron at least has had them serve him and Obourne's family money is actually from a small factory employing them in industrial jobs. The Millibands were born into a Labour political class far more so then were the Tory Toffs, neither of them has done a days work in their lives outside of politics but you think they speak for the working man. Because of what they learnt on the knee of Viscount Anthony Wedgewood-Benn in some North London sitting room? Because some Neo-Marxist intellectuals helped them with their homework?

Tell me that this is closer to real life than a couple of the Tories in the cabinet having gone to Eton before they also went to Oxford

Still don't know what you mean. Are you implying that I should despise Osborne (no U) and Cameron and Clegg less than I do, or that I should despise the Milibrothers (one l) more? They are different you know.

Still don't know what you mean. Are you implying that I should despise Osborne (no U) and Cameron and Clegg less than I do, or that I should despise the Milibrothers (one l) more? They are different you know.

I think that you yourself need to make a decision. Either continue your rediscovered seething class resentment against Cameron and Ozborn, and Cleg, and feel the same for EDBand, or get over yourself. All equally children of privillage, more so in the Millllibands' cases when it comes to politics.

It's true that I hate Cameron and Clegg and Osborne for their backgrounds, but because I hate their politics, I'll hate them for every reason I can lay my hands on. I wouldn't get too upset about it if I were you.

Labour ahead tonight in the most pro-Tory poll. Bye Dave, bye Nick!

And you will no doubt carry on hoping to felch a child of the utmost privilege who has gotten near to the top without ever doing a day's work. It was you who said he would be speaking for the working class yes, but is he going to use Blair or Brown's favourite pollsters to find out who this mysterious, "working class," man is, about whom he heard so much discussion around papa's table?

And you will no doubt carry on hoping to felch a child of the utmost privilege who has gotten near to the top without ever doing a day's work. It was you who said he would be speaking for the working class yes, but is he going to use Blair or Brown's favourite pollsters to find out who this mysterious, "working class," man is, about whom he heard so much discussion around papa's table?

I'm not sure that the concept of felching is entirely within forum order, but we are where we are.

The situation with me and Ed Miliband is as follows. Like many tens of thousands of ordinary people, I voted for Ed and even did a little bit of canvassing. One reason I did this was Ed's campaign for a living wage. Another reason is his commitment to resisting ConDem cuts that disproportionately affect the poor and women. There are many other pluses, but the icing on the cake would be Ed's refusal to consider working with Clegg in government. I was one of tens of thousands of people who voted for him. No promises of felching were accepted or indeed made.

I'm not sure that the concept of felching is entirely within forum order, but we are where we are.

The situation with me and Ed Miliband is as follows. Like many tens of thousands of ordinary people, I voted for Ed and even did a little bit of canvassing. One reason I did this was Ed's campaign for a living wage. Another reason is his commitment to resisting ConDem cuts that disproportionately affect the poor and women. There are many other pluses, but the icing on the cake would be Ed's refusal to consider working with Clegg in government. I was one of tens of thousands of people who voted for him. No promises of felching were accepted or indeed made.

I suppose like Mr Clegg, we all have to work within the realms of what is politically achievable in these strange times.