flag day

How about this season we hold a flag day at latics, anyone fetching a flag thru the turnies gets a ticket to go into a draw for a signed shirt or summat, the flags are designated n area and the big ones can go on display in one o the stands an the small uns can be flown from yer seat (not during play) I love my flags and am very proud to display em, i'm sure others are the same, and wouldn't it bring a bit o colour n cheer in to the ground, I for 1 would love a photo of a stand full o latics flags.......or is it just me?

How about this season we hold a flag day at latics, anyone fetching a flag thru the turnies gets a ticket to go into a draw for a signed shirt or summat, the flags are designated n area and the big ones can go on display in one o the stands an the small uns can be flown from yer seat (not during play) I love my flags and am very proud to display em, i'm sure others are the same, and wouldn't it bring a bit o colour n cheer in to the ground, I for 1 would love a photo of a stand full o latics flags.......or is it just me?

Cracking idea Jacko

Like it, it doesn't cost us fans anything....although I cna see a few heated words if someone brings in a Manure one.... :lol:

Best make sure its OAFC or Blue/White

oh yea, lol....has to be latics based obviously

oh yea, lol....has to be latics based obviously

Damn. I was offering to bring a dirty great bit Welsh flag with "F*CK OFF ENGLAND" written on it.

Good idea otherwise, you see pictures of these clubs like Shamrock and Accrington with their Ultras, and it's great sight. We just don't have the mentality at our club, there's no motivation. Each to their own I suppose, but I'd prefer "Pippi Langstrump" than "der, der, der-der - Andy Liddell!" etc, etc...it's rather like our National Anthem; drab and uninspiring.

Good idea otherwise, you see pictures of these clubs like Shamrock and Accrington with their Ultras, and it's great sight. We just don't have the mentality at our club, there's no motivation. Each to their own I suppose, but I'd prefer "Pippi Langstrump" than "der, der, der-der - Andy Liddell!" etc, etc...it's rather like our National Anthem; drab and uninspiring.

+1

How about a "No to drink driving" one at our 1st home game.......ah, hang on...

I haven't got a flag :huh:

England flags are going for a couple of quid if that now, get one and put OAFC on, or if a certain Mr Allen is coming, Born In Oldham, Play in Oldham, Die in Oldham ( or was it England? hm...)

Lookers stand would be perfect for this type of display.

mine needs mending, I haven't touched it since I moved out

my only concern is that anywhere to hang a flag is also anywhere to put up advertising, we had a chance during 08/09 season in the RRE which for some reason was left empty at the bottom for advertising but that was filled last season. I hate hanging it over seats it always falls apart