latics sign sunderland duo

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we need to get behide these two lads rather then do anything silly by boo them or begin against them.

Why would anyone Boo them from the off - we've only just signed them and they haven't even kicked a ball for us - what makes you think people wouldn't "get behide them (sic)" or "begin against them (sic)" then??

Better than journeymen pro's IMO!

+1 on that,

Defenders on loan last season = Goodwin, Timar

Defender on loan this season = J.Y. M’Voto; who’s 21 years old

Strikers on loan of recent season = Ormerod, Kabba, Windass, Constantine, Byfield & Guy

Striker this season = O.T; who’s 21 years old

Both these lads fit into the “young hungry fit players” mould that PD wants our side to be packed full of.....I’m all for it; rather these sorts to the ‘seasoned’ unfit types we’ve had on loan recently.

Lee agree 100% PD defo going for young hungry players not lower league journeymen. What they may lack in composure they will make up for in effort and energy a thing PD seems to be looking for.

I would rather see a player put a shift in create chances/ make tackles even if they do make mistakes thats better than recent boring money grabing loanees we have had.

+1 on that,

Defenders on loan last season = Goodwin, Timar

Defender on loan this season = J.Y. M’Voto; who’s 21 years old

Strikers on loan of recent season = Ormerod, Kabba, Windass, Constantine, Byfield & Guy

Striker this season = O.T; who’s 21 years old

Both these lads fit into the “young hungry fit players” mould that PD wants our side to be packed full of.....I’m all for it; rather these sorts to the ‘seasoned’ unfit types we’ve had on loan recently.

Not to mention, hopefully improving all the time.

Edited by bpmarko

O/T Paul Murray has signed for Hartlepool:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11756_6296187,00.html

I think Hartlepool are in trouble this season.

great signings in my opinion,deffo fits in with what pd wants...greegs may have been captain fantastic last season,but i think this season if he doesnt do the same he wont play every minuit of every game...

so is this the last of our signings...or are we still going to try for lua lua???? be great if we could afford it..

Lee agree 100% PD defo going for young hungry players not lower league journeymen. What they may lack in composure they will make up for in effort and energy a thing PD seems to be looking for.

I would rather see a player put a shift in create chances/ make tackles even if they do make mistakes thats better than recent boring money grabing loanees we have had.

Dickov stated at the Fan's Forum you don't have to be young to be hungry, he just wants hungry players.

great signings in my opinion,deffo fits in with what pd wants...greegs may have been captain fantastic last season,but i think this season if he doesnt do the same he wont play every minuit of every game...

so is this the last of our signings...or are we still going to try for lua lua???? be great if we could afford it..

Unfortunately, and I hope (really really hope) that I'm wrong, but I think we won't be seeing much of Gregan this season.

Unfortunately, and I hope (really really hope) that I'm wrong, but I think we won't be seeing much of Gregan this season.

The fact that he's still captain suggests he will play in the majority of games if he can retain his fitness!

Despite his age, surely last seasons only ever present is the only player whose fitness isn't in doubt?

Yes but he has missed the majority of pre-season so he's going to be miles behind the rest, in terms of fitness so he's going to be playing catch up for a while. Plus didnt he play a large part of last season carrying injury? Theres only so much his body is going to be able to take plus this year we have a manager who believes we need more than 2 centre backs to get us through the season so if he isn't fully fit or injured he won't be playing where as last season we had no choice.

Yes but he has missed the majority of pre-season so he's going to be miles behind the rest, in terms of fitness so he's going to be playing catch up for a while. Plus didnt he play a large part of last season carrying injury? Theres only so much his body is going to be able to take plus this year we have a manager who believes we need more than 2 centre backs to get us through the season so if he isn't fully fit or injured he won't be playing where as last season we had no choice.

Correct.

Once greegs has his little mach fitness back there is no one better than him in this league in that possition . What he lacks in pace and agility he more than makes up for with his positioning, heading abillity , strenth, leedership, ball controle , distribution and arse size . He got a rep as being a bit of a nutter and i think that scares a lot of oposing players and Referees. If hes fit then hes got to play .

Edited by lemars

Once greegs has his little mach fitness back there is no one better than him in this league in that possition . What he lacks in pace and agility he more than makes up for with his positioning, heading abillity , strenth, leedership, ball controle , distribution and arse size . He got a rep as being a bit of a nutter and i think that scares a lot of oposing players and Referees. If hes fit then hes got to play .

:lol: