Message to the Morons

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those whop are interested, some will be and some won't.

I spoke to Lee Hughes this afternoon and we had a pleasant chat about the start of the season. He acknowledged our excellent win at Tranmere and asked what our crowd attendance was. He again remarked how good the support was when at Oldham.

He was injured for tonights game and was rested with Saturday in mind. Being a true professional he knows what to expect on his return although he is hopeful that he receives a reasonable reception in the first instance.

He remarked how some of the Notts County boys will need to get used to the division but their form should not be determined from last Saturday. He said that Huddersfield played exceptionally well and he thinks they will get promoted this time around.

Anyway I wished him well for the remainder of the season after 5.00pm on Saturday.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I told him that any lapse of form should occur when we visit Notts.

Barry

Nothing steady about keep sacking managers and paying them off time and time again...

It's a balance of both really...TTA have/had serious money compared to others but have played it conservatively. Fair enough, but they've had financial boosts in cup runs, tv monies selling of players...they've not lost out like folk think. They have loans that are unpaid but will be recouped once BP is a housing estate. They never came here to lose money and haven't as they've assets for their purchases...BP is worth far more today than it was 10yrs ago (they bought it in 2003/4 for the price it was sold to the council for) despite recession and economic decline.

The level of input under Ronnie was sufficient to be successful over a season or two of building and what I expected from TTA...the plan was right...but fans decided they "wanted their club back"...TTA buckled...the level of support budgetwise for Shez was right too but he blew it. Now we've gone on a cut-back spree as the only real coin they wanted to put in, they've used up. Our cloth is being cut accordingly....however we were told this would only happen if the stadium wasn't happening. So how come we've cut it accordingly already and 2 of the 3 have walked away? These are why people like OAFC0000 have their hang-ups about the club. Personally, I think starving the club of the money is self-defeating, both from TTA's point of view and people like OAFC0000 non-attending. I don't think anybody wants a Chris Moore again...but neither do we want a Del Boy!

They sacked them when it was right to (needed to be done) apart from perhaps ronnie.. i think with the ST sales with him in charge were to low to carry on with his budget that he had..

actually bp is worth less today.. apparently.. when the proposed plans for the redevelopment of BP were announced and work was allowed to start the land was worth double compared to today.. which is why we stopped it and made this planned move to failsworth...

if TTA didnt buckle with moore then i think we wud of got promoted the following season..

When blitz and gazal stepped down, rumours were about that Blitz was having personal financial troubles.. no idea about Gazal, he seemed to be like a ghost..

however at the moment as far as we know, no one wants to invest in the club so instead of moaning and refusing to attend matches because of the people running the club, stay away fans like OAFC0000 should come to games and help boost the clubs finances towards helpin us to have a better budget..

They sacked them when it was right to (needed to be done) apart from perhaps ronnie.. i think with the ST sales with him in charge were to low to carry on with his budget that he had..

actually bp is worth less today.. apparently.. when the proposed plans for the redevelopment of BP were announced and work was allowed to start the land was worth double compared to today.. which is why we stopped it and made this planned move to failsworth...

if TTA didnt buckle with moore then i think we wud of got promoted the following season..

When blitz and gazal stepped down, rumours were about that Blitz was having personal financial troubles.. no idea about Gazal, he seemed to be like a ghost..

however at the moment as far as we know, no one wants to invest in the club so instead of moaning and refusing to attend matches because of the people running the club, stay away fans like OAFC0000 should come to games and help boost the clubs finances towards helpin us to have a better budget..

The highlighted bits I couldn't agree on more! A lot of fans reaped and sowed then :censored: off and didn't come back...and still come on here and write to newspapers calling the shots and claiming to have as valid an opinion as anyone. Like f*** they have...in MY opinion :wink:

The highlighted bits I couldn't agree on more! A lot of fans reaped and sowed then :censored: off and didn't come back...and still come on here and write to newspapers calling the shots and claiming to have as valid an opinion as anyone. Like f*** they have...in MY opinion :wink:

What did I reap and sowe :unsure:

I don't think my opinion is valid regarding the footballing side of the club... Although the league table is usually a dead give away... and I rarely express an opinion in regards to the footballing side...

On most other things to do with Latics my opinion is valid... You might wish it wasn't... but it is... (although we do tend to agree on a number of these issues)

Edited by oafc0000

Good call.

Nothing steady about keep sacking managers and paying them off time and time again...

It's a balance of both really...TTA have/had serious money compared to others but have played it conservatively. Fair enough, but they've had financial boosts in cup runs, tv monies selling of players...they've not lost out like folk think. They have loans that are unpaid but will be recouped once BP is a housing estate. They never came here to lose money and haven't as they've assets for their purchases...BP is worth far more today than it was 10yrs ago (they bought it in 2003/4 for the price it was sold to the council for) despite recession and economic decline.

The level of input under Ronnie was sufficient to be successful over a season or two of building and what I expected from TTA...the plan was right...but fans decided they "wanted their club back"...TTA buckled...the level of support budgetwise for Shez was right too but he blew it. Now we've gone on a cut-back spree as the only real coin they wanted to put in, they've used up. Our cloth is being cut accordingly....however we were told this would only happen if the stadium wasn't happening. So how come we've cut it accordingly already and 2 of the 3 have walked away? These are why people like OAFC0000 have their hang-ups about the club. Personally, I think starving the club of the money is self-defeating, both from TTA's point of view and people like OAFC0000 non-attending. I don't think anybody wants a Chris Moore again...but neither do we want a Del Boy!

I think you are pretty spot on, bar one point. the land is worth significantly less than it was, and not signidficantly more than 10 years ago. Don't forgt't they did not actually buy it back 10 years ago though.

They paid arouind £8m fpr it.

Also you have not substracted the cost of the new stadium.

So the figures are much less.

Will they make a profit, I hope so infact.

It won't be barrowfuls, or enough to resolve the natinoal debt, though.

Trobuel is there is a lot of rumout in that, not much we know for certainty. So it is hard to judge.