Message to the Morons

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, on topic and even though I'm not going Saturday

I was going Saturday but sod it... Its not a nice place any more and it certainly isn't being led by people I want to be involved with... Rather spend the day with my daughter...

You have one fan (18 year old - new generation) quite happily calling his fellow fans morons and then a club director..well...I don't know how to phrase it... embarrassing himself ? Add in the general rumbling of aggression bubbling around the place... its a tiring place to be around...

Edited by oafc0000

I was going Saturday but sod it... Its not a nice place any more and it certainly isn't being led by people I want to be involved with... Rather spend the day with my daughter...

Are we not just raking over old coals though?...................Saturday was a really enjoyable day with a positive atmosphere. It would be a shame to shatter it already.

Are we not just raking over old coals though?...................Saturday was a really enjoyable day with a positive atmosphere. It would be a shame to shatter it already.

Unbelievable, isn't it?

Nothing bad happened in the last few days, so let's roll out negativity-bringing failsafe posters and topics.

Woohoo! Now doesn't the misery feel so much more safe and familiar.....

You have one fan (18 year old - new generation) quite happily calling his fellow fans morons and then a club director..well...I don't know how to phrase it... embarrassing himself ? Add in the general rumbling of aggression bubbling around the place... its a tiring place to be around...

The edit does not make that post sound any less pathetic.

you should show a bit more restraint Barry, you are a fan aswell as a board member, we all know that

but this an internet message board, come on eh

I thought I knew you well enough for you not to get so upset Derek.

It seems strange to me that you along with others feel qualified to pass moral judgement on people. That is different from expressing an opinion. Yes I am a fan and therefore I will express my opinion as others do.

It is no secret that Lee Hughes is a friend of mine and do not condone what he was responsible for. Unfortunately he is not around to defend himself regarding you rude and offensive comments. Its people such as you that draw attention and inflame this matter. Why on earth would you want to insight argument about a player who no longer plays for us. This thread was about whether fans should boo or applaud him on Saturday.

Barry

Meh! your entitled to your opinion... This pathetic person is off to bed... Enjoy Saturday, I know you will :)

I find games a lot more enjoyable when sat next to fellow fans rather than doomsday keyboard warriors.

Afterall, i go for the football and OAFC - not to have somebody bitch and moan all the time. (I go to work for that)

You enjoy your day with your daughter - I will take a friend to the game to pay for your seat after they expressed an interest in seeing if Hughes still had it in him to score out nothing.

No matter how good, bad or indifferent a thing I may have done in my life Barry, nothing will ever compare to that which Lee Hughes did.

Now, are you suggesting that I deliberately drove whilst apparently under the influence of alcohol and/ or other substances then careered into another motor vehicle, causing the death of a passenger then fled the scene of an accident?

That would be really naughty of me wouldn't it? Especially as I don't have a driving licence.

Don't ever dare to compare me to Lee Hughes Gods Cop.

You need to get your tongue out of his backside.

Also, as fans representative (ha!) don't you think that perhaps you shouldn't be posting petty asides because someone slated your golden boy? Am I not one of those that the club wants to win back?

Further to my previous mail Derek. You tread on very dangerous ground with you mention of offences Hughes was never charged with.

Barry

Ah...hold on...so I can't boo him for being an arsehole then? I could choose the easy option and home in on what he did but even after then...he still was a prick...One that deliberately got himself booked time and time again and sent off to avoid getting cup-tied? He did the same handball 5 times during the first half of the season (that one at Swindon away in our box was utterly farcical) and stupidly got a 5th booking so he was conviniently suspended vs Cheltenham in the FA Cup 1st game, then sent off vs Northampton so he was suspended for the replay? All because he, and most Latics fans, expected him to be leaving in January with a Champs club coming in for him? After that, his utter lack of effort from January that season onwards was a joke? And nor can I boo him for his half-time rant at Royle in the changing rooms...one that sealed his exit from the club?

We knew what Hughes was...a good player that was a tool. In the shirt, I hoped he'd score for the club...but celebrate the guy? Thank him for his efforts when it was us giving him his chance at rebuilding his life? I'm told he still owes a few bar tabs around Oldham. All in all...he's a dick that warrants more abuse than Ian Thomas-Moore...but that won't happen as it feels all "naughty" to like the guy...the adulation he got at Turd Moor when he arrived was fairly sickening...and nothing will have changed when Saturday comes...

Edited by boundaryblue80

To get back onto topic....

Barry, I hope before the game on saturday you could pass on a word of thanks to Lee for the goals he got for the team and the effort he showed in his time here.

I have spoken to him occassionally when I have seen him out and about on his visits back to the area and despite leaving he still loves the fans and the club for how we gave him a chance and rhe fans for their support during his time. He has stated that if things had been different with regard to people in high office within their club and their opinions etc, he would still be with us, alas that is football and people move on.

Please also could you pass on that (i would hope) all the fans wish him good luck and those that choose to boo don't, i would think, speak for the majority of fans who appreciated Lee during his time here.

Thanks

Edited by shefflatic

Barry, I hope before the game on saturday you could pass on a word of thanks to Lee for the goals he got for the team and the effort he showed in his time here.

I have spoken to him occassionally when I have seen him out and about on his visits back to the area and despite leaving he still loves the fans and the club for how we gave him a chance and rhe fans for their support during his time. He has stated that if things had been different with regard to people in high office within their club and their opinions etc, he would still be with us, alas that is football and people move on.

Please also could you pass on that (i would hope) all the fans wish him good luck and those that choose to boo don't, i would think, speak for the majority of fans who appreciated Lee during his time here.

Thanks

You forgot to mention that he would have stayed if someone in high office didnt want to teach hughes a lesson and sent him to Pool because he wouldnt sign for a championship club in the Jan after stating he wanted to stay at Oldham once the final terms of the contract offered were sorted.

Joe Royle made many mistakes in his last tenure at the club, one was listening to high office and believing that the team didnt need hughes. Afterall Royle got the best out of R Holden, A Holden and Palmer who all liked a drink

imo its is just a pitty Blitz didnt have the final say

Further to my previous mail Derek. You tread on very dangerous ground with you mention of offences Hughes was never charged with.

Barry

Fleeing the scene of an accident and causing death by dangerous driving?

Maybe I am just imagining it?

And btw, why have you got such a cob on with me at the minute? You don't usually come on here unless you want something, but this is the second time in 2 weeks you have felt the need to cast aspersions on my character.

You know I will happily get involved in a bunfight with you, and at the end of the day it won't be me that suffers. I am just a lapsed fan now, I have absolutely nothing to lose.

On a personal note, the signing of Lee Hughes was one of the catalysts to me falling out with all things Latics completely.

I hope he falls down the steps of the coach and breaks his legs and that it finishes his career completely.

Scumbag, before, whilst and after Latics. Absolute scumbag.

He is a Grade A scumbag, Wilson, I'll agree with that completely.

But he's a scumbag that I still wish was in a Latics shirt banging in goals.

Thanks

Thank for your comments Sheff. I will copy your mail and show him.

Barry

'Its not a nice place any more and it certainly isn't being led by people I want to be involved with...'

Sorry, but how can you pass judgement on what the place is like? Last game you went to was the Exeter game i believe? Special cheap offer on.

1 game out of 23 league games at home. Not in a postion to make that comment really?

Also, who would you want the club to be run by?

Chris Moore?

We're one of the few teams in the football league that does not owe money to banks etc.. which basically means the people running the club are some of the most sensible businessmen in football at the moment***

*** maybe not with getting the best deal for selling our young prospects e.g. Eardley

You can always rely on Derek Wilson to add class comments on the site. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Its a pity that your loyalty to the club was clouded by one signing. I suspect that you had other reasons also but you chose to use the signing as a scapegoat.

It a pity that you, of all people, feel able to pass moral judgement on an individual.

Barry

I thought I knew you well enough for you not to get so upset Derek.

It seems strange to me that you along with others feel qualified to pass moral judgement on people. That is different from expressing an opinion. Yes I am a fan and therefore I will express my opinion as others do.

It is no secret that Lee Hughes is a friend of mine and do not condone what he was responsible for. Unfortunately he is not around to defend himself regarding you rude and offensive comments. Its people such as you that draw attention and inflame this matter. Why on earth would you want to insight argument about a player who no longer plays for us. This thread was about whether fans should boo or applaud him on Saturday.

Barry

I think you would have done yourself a massive favour by not posting in this thread. Your comments are, well, strange to say the least.

Derek is entitled to comment on Lee Hughes as you are, you said it yourself - you are fans and therefore you will express an opinion. However, by claiming that this thread should be out of bounds for certain points of view, is just drawing attention to your man-love of the convict. I'd also like to know which dangerous ground is underfoot, he was banged up for causing death by dangerous driving. He was stinking drunk, drove is Bad Ass Merc into another occupied vehicle, subsequently killed somebody and fled the scene leaving them for dead. It's a good job some dodgy coppers wasn't dealing with the incident at the time as I'm not sure what the outcome would have been. He's bloody lucky he only got three years too, in reality he should be coming out of Ashwell now.

Just to tie things up with regards to any censorship or implied law-suits - I haven't said anything there that isn't on the BBC news site.

Turn the interwebs off Barry, it's sucking you in.

'Its not a nice place any more and it certainly isn't being led by people I want to be involved with...'

Sorry, but how can you pass judgement on what the place is like? Last game you went to was the Exeter game i believe? Special cheap offer on.

1 game out of 23 league games at home. Not in a postion to make that comment really?

Also, who would you want the club to be run by?

Chris Moore?

We're one of the few teams in the football league that does not owe money to banks etc.. which basically means the people running the club are some of the most sensible businessmen in football at the moment***

*** maybe not with getting the best deal for selling our young prospects e.g. Eardley

Last game I went to was Saturday....

Besides only going one game last season comments on here seem to speak volume on how people still feel towards their own fans. You telling me the place has dramatically changed ?

Anyway, I probably did overact last night...

Edited by oafc0000

I think you would have done yourself a massive favour by not posting in this thread. Your comments are, well, strange to say the least.

Derek is entitled to comment on Lee Hughes as you are, you said it yourself - you are fans and therefore you will express an opinion. However, by claiming that this thread should be out of bounds for certain points of view, is just drawing attention to your man-love of the convict. I'd also like to know which dangerous ground is underfoot, he was banged up for causing death by dangerous driving. He was stinking drunk, drove is Bad Ass Merc into another occupied vehicle, subsequently killed somebody and fled the scene leaving them for dead. It's a good job some dodgy coppers wasn't dealing with the incident at the time as I'm not sure what the outcome would have been. He's bloody lucky he only got three years too, in reality he should be coming out of Ashwell now.

Just to tie things up with regards to any censorship or implied law-suits - I haven't said anything there that isn't on the BBC news site.

Turn the interwebs off Barry, it's sucking you in.

Barry, you should print this out and stick it to your PC monitor. You really need to know when to not say something.

Unless Derek has been involved in some sort of morally offensive action, which is what your post suggests? Could you perhaps clarify if that is the case, to the best of your knowledge? A simple "yes he has" or "no he hasn't" should clear things up.

You're in very great danger of doing a Ratner here.

As i seem to have upset a few people with my comments i'll try and clear it up. As i said somewhere earlier in the thread moron is a strong word an probably not the one i should have used. I'm saying you shouldn't boo him because his likely reaction is stick one in the net. If you don't like him and think he is scum then fair enough, that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. But in the interests of the team, maybe you shouldn't boo him. It might not matter, he could come out all

guns blazing and bang a hat trick anyway and there's nothing you can do about that!

PS oafc0000 are you really not going to go to a game because of a few comments on a messageboard? Get a grip man! :grin: