Message to the Morons

Anyone thinking of booing Hughes on saturday, how about you think about it before carrying out said action. We've seen first hand that he thrives on abuse and he will already be fired up enough without the moron population adding fuel to the fire.

I personally have nothing against Hughes and i really wish he was still our player. We should have done everything to keep him but that's just the way it is i suppose.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone thinking of booing Hughes on saturday, how about you think about it before carrying out said action. We've seen first hand that he thrives on abuse and he will already be fired up enough without the moron population adding fuel to the fire.

I personally have nothing against Hughes and i really wish he was still our player. We should have done everything to keep him but that's just the way it is i suppose.

I'm sure he's going to get a really good reception, HUGHESY!, HUGHESY! that sort of stuff.

If that happens I think he'll show his appreciation to the fans, as tbh he never got abuse of anyone at the club at his time here.

ill give him a good reception, loved him when he was here and nothing really changed, id love him back but it'll never happen, hes done nothing to warant latics fans booing him imo.

it is a given that he will score though!

Someone who would boo a player knowing that they will probably react by scoring a goal for the opposition team, i would class as a moron. Just my opinion.

My footballing education was to abuse the opposition players and fans to ones voice is horse... I don't call my self a moron (I know many would), I would call myself a football fan... an old fashion one granted...

I know its all popcorn and love now :)

On a personal note, the signing of Lee Hughes was one of the catalysts to me falling out with all things Latics completely.

I hope he falls down the steps of the coach and breaks his legs and that it finishes his career completely.

Scumbag, before, whilst and after Latics. Absolute scumbag.

On a personal note, the signing of Lee Hughes was one of the catalysts to me falling out with all things Latics completely.

I hope he falls down the steps of the coach and breaks his legs and that it finishes his career completely.

You and many others...

My footballing education was to abuse the opposition players and fans to ones voice is horse... I don't call my self a moron (I know many would), I would call myself a football fan... an old fashion one granted...

I know its all popcorn and love now :)

Ok so maybe moron is a strong word. Maybe it would be an act of stupidity rather than the person being stupid themselves.

I like it when home fans give a very warm reception to a former player and then boo him as soon as he touches the ball. Didn't Arsenal do this to Henry when he returned?

:jailed:

You can always rely on Derek Wilson to add class comments on the site. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Its a pity that your loyalty to the club was clouded by one signing. I suspect that you had other reasons also but you chose to use the signing as a scapegoat.

It a pity that you, of all people, feel able to pass moral judgement on an individual.

Barry

Hello Derek,

How old are you, do you drive a vehicle, do you drink,

if so have you ever drunk and driven ?

You can always rely on Derek Wilson to add class comments on the site. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Its a pity that your loyalty to the club was clouded by one signing. I suspect that you had other reasons also but you chose to use the signing as a scapegoat.

It a pity that you, of all people, feel able to pass moral judgement on an individual.

Barry

Was Derek involved in a dangerous drive incident which resulted in someone dying and then fled the scene ? To be then given a job by a club scraping the barrel ?

Well, you learn something new every day! :)

Edited by oafc0000

Barry

Well, that, along with the preceding comment, should see to it this thread runs into a good few pages...

Barry

No matter how good, bad or indifferent a thing I may have done in my life Barry, nothing will ever compare to that which Lee Hughes did.

Now, are you suggesting that I deliberately drove whilst apparently under the influence of alcohol and/ or other substances then careered into another motor vehicle, causing the death of a passenger then fled the scene of an accident?

That would be really naughty of me wouldn't it? Especially as I don't have a driving licence.

Don't ever dare to compare me to Lee Hughes Gods Cop.

You need to get your tongue out of his backside.

Also, as fans representative (ha!) don't you think that perhaps you shouldn't be posting petty asides because someone slated your golden boy? Am I not one of those that the club wants to win back?

Edited by DerekWilson_1968
SWEARING

Barry

I think you coming on Barry and trying to instigate a bunfight with Derek with a cryptic dig to start off proceedings does your integrety no good whatsoever. He's entitled to his opinion, whether it's misguided or bob-on. As oafc000 said, to say things like "pot-kettle-black" is alluding to Derek doing something as ghastly and wrong as what Hughes did, which isn't the case as you well know. Anyway, Wilson can fight his own battles but I can see where this is ultimately going, sadly.

Anyway, on topic and even though I'm not going Saturday if I was I wouldn't boo him, just simply give him mild applause. He did something awful, but served his time (whether it was enough or not isn't the issue) and rebuilt his career at Oldham. We got something out of it in the form of a deadly striker at this level and some memorable moments, and both parties moved on.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly