Message to the Morons

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never cared for what Lee Hughes did. Not my role to pass judgement, rightly or wrongly. Highly paid people wearing silly wigs decide on whether or not someone should be in prison, and how long they spend there. What I saw from lee was that he was repentant, and really willing to make the best of what was left of his career. I am also fully aware of Lee's totally alleged actions around Oldham...

However - I fully believe Lee Hughes is the reason I still support this football club (along with a few Oasis drinking partners... :wink: ). In the 8-10 games Bournemouth away and following (espeicially the away games) after Hughes banged in his first two goals, were some of the most exciting I have ever seen watching Latics (well, since the glory days obviously). We had a striker who terrified defences, and scored goals out of absolutely nowt. Something which we havent had since the 90's (bar fleeting glimpses from Wijnhard IMO), and probaby with the state of the club - and mediocrity of the football moving forward, wont have again. I turned up for the first time in bloody ages, expecting to win, as we had Hughes in the team. I know people didnt like it/him... but I havent seen a 'togetherness' in the crowd like that for ages... anyone who was at a game like Millwall away will know what I mean. Just a fantastic half a season or so...

Yep, it all fell to pieces, and Lee 'seemed' to be fishing around. However he was frigging great for us. He's moved on (rightly for many reasons) however if he decided to walk into latics on saturday and pull on an Oldham shirt - he would still be the best striker we have got.

I cant be there on saturday, if I was I'd cheer him to the rafters. I hope he scores a hat-trick to show how good he is.... but we win 4-3.. obviously...

Anyway....

I don't think I could loathe somebody that much, that someone scores 3 v their team.

Much less a fellow Latics fan.

I do know where you are coming from though and udnertand the rest of the post.

I jsut want us to get the 3 points and a clean sheet for the confidence, was cheered to hear how much conceding that goal hurt the team.

Those 3 goals could be crcuial at the ens of the season!

I never cared for what Lee Hughes did. Not my role to pass judgement, rightly or wrongly. Highly paid people wearing silly wigs decide on whether or not someone should be in prison, and how long they spend there. What I saw from lee was that he was repentant, and really willing to make the best of what was left of his career. I am also fully aware of Lee's totally alleged actions around Oldham...

However - I fully believe Lee Hughes is the reason I still support this football club (along with a few Oasis drinking partners... :wink: ). In the 8-10 games Bournemouth away and following (espeicially the away games) after Hughes banged in his first two goals, were some of the most exciting I have ever seen watching Latics (well, since the glory days obviously). We had a striker who terrified defences, and scored goals out of absolutely nowt. Something which we havent had since the 90's (bar fleeting glimpses from Wijnhard IMO), and probaby with the state of the club - and mediocrity of the football moving forward, wont have again. I turned up for the first time in bloody ages, expecting to win, as we had Hughes in the team. I know people didnt like it/him... but I havent seen a 'togetherness' in the crowd like that for ages... anyone who was at a game like Millwall away will know what I mean. Just a fantastic half a season or so...

Yep, it all fell to pieces, and Lee 'seemed' to be fishing around. However he was frigging great for us. He's moved on (rightly for many reasons) however if he decided to walk into latics on saturday and pull on an Oldham shirt - he would still be the best striker we have got.

I cant be there on saturday, if I was I'd cheer him to the rafters. I hope he scores a hat-trick to show how good he is.... but we win 4-3.. obviously...

Anyway....

while the pack mentality prevails, im gonna join this gang.......HUGHESY HUGHESY HUGHESY, .....welcome back son

Anyway....

Luke Beckett.

Barry, you should print this out and stick it to your PC monitor. You really need to know when to not say something.

Unless Derek has been involved in some sort of morally offensive action, which is what your post suggests? Could you perhaps clarify if that is the case, to the best of your knowledge? A simple "yes he has" or "no he hasn't" should clear things up.

You're in very great danger of doing a Ratner here.

Let's face it, Barry's done "a Ratner" a good few times but it doesn't seem to have done him any harm. Sitting pretty.

Porter was more of a player than Beckett.

For me, porter and beckett were both finishers. Put the ball in front of them, facing goal, and they had a good chance of finding the onion bag. (Beckett more than Porter in terms of chances).

Although I appreciate the similarities between Beckett and Huges, Hughes's movement was in a different league. He also scored goals that beckett would never have scored... Bournemouth from 30 yards, Millwall's swivel volley, the goal at southend away when he beat two players with skill and pace and banged it in the corner... that is the difference.

Aren't we forgetting someone?

Goal against Brighton away and goal against Leyton Orient away last season both goals out of nothing. There's probably a couple more I'm forgetting.

Nope. Not even slightly. We are talking about goalscorers. Hughes, Beckett, Porter, Wijnhard - if fit would all score 20 goals+ in this division. Despite Abbott's obvious ability, he will never, ever, do that again.... he is a link man, let down by the fact last season he was expected to be the main goalscorer. Put him with any of the above, and you would have a strikeforce...

I was going Saturday but sod it... Its not a nice place any more and it certainly isn't being led by people I want to be involved with... Rather spend the day with my daughter...

You have one fan (18 year old - new generation) quite happily calling his fellow fans morons and then a club director..well...I don't know how to phrase it... embarrassing himself ? Add in the general rumbling of aggression bubbling around the place... its a tiring place to be around...

why do you even come on here?

Just read the first 2 pages of this drivel and cant believe all the idiots who cast their moral judgements have been given the chance to tell us what they all think AGAIN! I wouldnt mind but many of you who go on about it dont go anymore, you just post loads of crap on here telling us how things should be done.

Nobody who is a true Oldham supporter cares what goes on in players private lives, as long as they do their best for us when they pull on the shirt........ anything outside of that is not a football issue and therefore doesnt belong on this board (why not start a politcally correct board elsewhere).

These are the reasons Lee Hughes will get a relatively welcome return from me!

Just read the first 2 pages of this drivel and cant believe all the idiots who cast their moral judgements have been given the chance to tell us what they all think AGAIN! I wouldnt mind but many of you who go on about it dont go anymore, you just post loads of crap on here telling us how things should be done.

Nobody who is a true Oldham supporter cares what goes on in players private lives, as long as they do their best for us when they pull on the shirt........ anything outside of that is not a football issue and therefore doesnt belong on this board (why not start a politcally correct board elsewhere).

These are the reasons Lee Hughes will get a relatively welcome return from me!

I don't mean to be rude, lad, but that's horse crap. This has nothing to do with being politically correct. If anything, at a stretch, it's a moral issue.

I personally had no opposition to Lee Hughes. He'd served the time deemed appropriate by the courts and returned to his previous job. It's only the public nature of that job that made it newsworthy. Criminals return to their lives ever minute of every day, unnoticed.

However others do care and are entitled to debate that. Which is why when people in a position of responsibility within the club - like Barry - come along casting dispersions on members who objected to a player like Hughes being signed and using that to tell us it's nothing to do with us and we shouldn't talk about it I want to talk about it all the more.

I don't mean to be rude, lad, but that's horse crap. This has nothing to do with being politically correct. If anything, at a stretch, it's a moral issue.

I personally had no opposition to Lee Hughes. He'd served the time deemed appropriate by the courts and returned to his previous job. It's only the public nature of that job that made it newsworthy. Criminals return to their lives ever minute of every day, unnoticed.

However others do care and are entitled to debate that. Which is why when people in a position of responsibility within the club - like Barry - come along casting dispersions on members who objected to a player like Hughes being signed and using that to tell us it's nothing to do with us and we shouldn't talk about it I want to talk about it all the more.

agree 100%.

i for one will be applauding one of our best players in recent years, however, I fully understand those who view him differently than I do.

i met him a few times and found him to be a nice bloke. that doesn't excuse what he did but added to him being a damn good latics player for 2 years that's where I stand.

btw, should Derek be worried about Barry casting "dispersions" on him?

dis·per·sion

   /dɪˈspɜrʒən, -ʃən/ Show Spelled[dih-spur-zhuhn, -shuhn] Show IPA

–noun

Also, dispersal. an act, state, or instance of dispersing or of being dispersed.

Optics .

a.

the variation of the index of refraction of a transparent substance, as glass, with the wavelength of light, with the index of refraction increasing as the wavelength decreases.

b.

the separation of white or compound light into its respective colors, as in the formation of a spectrum by a prism.

Statistics . the scattering of values of a variable around the mean or median of a distribution.

Military . a scattered pattern of hits of bombs dropped under identical conditions or of shots fired from the same gun with the same firing data.

Also called disperse system. Physical Chemistry . a system of dispersed particles suspended in a solid, liquid, or gas.

( initial capital letter ) Diaspora ( def. 1 ) .

"There is somebody wrong on the internets, WRONG GODDAMN IT! Pass me my KEYBOARD OF RAAAAAAGGGGE!"

The issues being discussed are nowt to do with football, those who want to discuss it should take it elsewhere.