Message to the Morons

I Never wanted him here - my dad stopped going because of it. I wanted him to score, but never joined in with the Hughesy chants at any point.

I won't be booing him or clapping him - he's getting ignored by me.

Barry, congratulations on turning this into a farcical thread.

Edited by pukka

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barry is entitled to his opinion just like anyone else! I think your reading to much into his posts! Blimey shall we meet up at BP with rope and a pitch fork!!! :blink:

I won't be booing Hughes, he was a good servant for us, he was offered more money by a club on the up (literally) so no sour grapes from me. Just the same as if Vernon came back.......................although if Porter comes back he will get it! :grin:

Edited by ShakerT

He'll get a good reception from me for his goals at Latics. He will be appearing at BP purely in his capacity as a footballer and not on the pitch for any other reason. I think it's safe to say in his time here he always got a good hand from the stands, I don't see that changing now.

Just a curious side note all those (alledged) supporters who took the opportunty to stay away citing the signing of Hughes as why and wouldn't be back till he's gone, have actually stuck to their word and now returned.

Edited by Lags

I thought I knew you well enough for you not to get so upset Derek.

It seems strange to me that you along with others feel qualified to pass moral judgement on people. That is different from expressing an opinion. Yes I am a fan and therefore I will express my opinion as others do.

It is no secret that Lee Hughes is a friend of mine and do not condone what he was responsible for. Unfortunately he is not around to defend himself regarding you rude and offensive comments. Its people such as you that draw attention and inflame this matter. Why on earth would you want to insight argument about a player who no longer plays for us. This thread was about whether fans should boo or applaud him on Saturday.

Barry

Whilst he may well be a friend, if I'm honest, if I were to be locked up for the offence he was and somebody offered me an amount of money which is alleged to exceed £1000 p/w then I'd be a friend for life.

Maybe I'm just too cynical and don't have many friends :wink:

Whilst he may well be a friend, if I'm honest, if I were to be locked up for the offence he was and somebody offered me an amount of money which is alleged to exceed £1000 p/w then I'd be a friend for life.

Maybe I'm just too cynical and don't have many friends :wink:

Or have not got enough money... :wink:

My opinion (FWIW).....

I never shout anything that might fire the opposition up. I am always amazed when I hear our fans chorusing "You're not singing anymore", which almost always results in the opposing fans singing and rallying their team - That doesn't make sense to me, I'd rather they were outsung or silent, and unable to gee their team up.

Hughes will just be another member of the opposition on saturday and will warrant no more respect than their left back, keeper or mascot. Whilst I wasn't particularly happy with the length of his sentence, he filled our number nine shirt and scored some very welcome goals as part of his release terms. That said, he was a major figure in a season packed with detrimental incident, and I lost patience with him after his mid-game spat with Sheridan where they both traded insults across the touchline ("f*** you" "No, f*** you").

As BB80 has also mentioned, Lee had an annoying habit of doing something stupid during a game which ended up with him missing a crucial fixture, and that frustrated me no end. I hope for the sake of his team that he has eradicated that part of his game, and grown up a bit.

We have moved on, and this season has seen the return of hope and optimism, and last saturday's support was a sign that we may have turned a corner, and we're all fighting the same cause.

I don't see the point in booing LH anymore than I understood the need to subject Ian Moore to relentless abuse (And believe me, I think he is as big an asshole as any other hated figure). I'd rather see us channel everything into raising our own players' spirits.

My opinion (FWIW).....

I never shout anything that might fire the opposition up. I am always amazed when I hear our fans chorusing "You're not singing anymore", which almost always results in the opposing fans singing and rallying their team - That doesn't make sense to me, I'd rather they were outsung or silent, and unable to gee their team up.

Hughes will just be another member of the opposition on saturday and will warrant no more respect than their left back, keeper or mascot. Whilst I wasn't particularly happy with the length of his sentence, he filled our number nine shirt and scored some very welcome goals as part of his release terms. That said, he was a major figure in a season packed with detrimental incident, and I lost patience with him after his mid-game spat with Sheridan where they both traded insults across the touchline ("f*** you" "No, f*** you").

As BB80 has also mentioned, Lee had an annoying habit of doing something stupid during a game which ended up with him missing a crucial fixture, and that frustrated me no end. I hope for the sake of his team that he has eradicated that part of his game, and grown up a bit.

We have moved on, and this season has seen the return of hope and optimism, and last saturday's support was a sign that we may have turned a corner, and we're all fighting the same cause.

I don't see the point in booing LH anymore than I understood the need to subject Ian Moore to relentless abuse (And believe me, I think he is as big an asshole as any other hated figure). I'd rather see us channel everything into raising our own players' spirits.

Good post however

As BB80 has also mentioned, Lee had an annoying habit of doing something stupid during a game which ended up with him missing a crucial fixture, and that frustrated me no end. I hope for the sake of his team that he has eradicated that part of his game, and grown up a bit

I dont :grin:

I was going Saturday but sod it... Its not a nice place any more and it certainly isn't being led by people I want to be involved with... Rather spend the day with my daughter...

You have one fan (18 year old - new generation) quite happily calling his fellow fans morons and then a club director..well...I don't know how to phrase it... embarrassing himself ? Add in the general rumbling of aggression bubbling around the place... its a tiring place to be around...

Oh here we go again......

Silly me for thinking that this season was actually looking quite positive after a promising pre-season performance wise, a new management duo making all the right noises and a swell of fan feeling that we’ll be on for a better season than the last dire one.....

My mistake, lets all go back to revisiting old ground, slagging anyone off who’s associated with the club from directors to the tea-lady, getting ready to boo players , snipping at fellow fans and generally peeing & moaning about anything & everything. Ah, the football season with latics; I’ve missed it this summer....welcome back!!

:ranting:

Silly me for thinking that this season was actually looking quite positive after a promising pre-season performance wise, a new management duo making all the right noises and a swell of fan feeling that we’ll be on for a better season than the last dire one.....

My mistake, lets all go back to revisiting old ground, slagging anyone off who’s associated with the club from directors to the tea-lady, getting ready to boo players , snipping at fellow fans and generally peeing & moaning about anything & everything. Ah, the football season with latics; I’ve missed it this summer....welcome back!!

:applause1: :applause1: :applause1: :applause1: :applause1: :applause1: :applause1:

i think i will clap him till he gets half way down the steps

then boo him till he gets to the running track

there,,,hes had both from me

then i will forget about him and watch their keeper bend his back in the back of the net

come on oldham

we have a running track ? :huh:

:applause1:

I love a good moan, I really do, but since PD's appointment I have seen absolutely nothing that disappoints me so far.

Pride, effort, motivation, common sense, belief, skill, ideas, speed, loyalty. Everything is there apart from luck. If we get a bit of that too, then this could be a very interesting season.

Certainly not the one to miss, OAFC0000.

I dont plan on applauding or booing the guy, couldnt care less about him. Im there to support oldham and have no intention to make it all about Lee Hughes.

^ What he said.

That will probably change if he does that celebratory bouncy dance right in front of the MSP when he scores his inevitable goal like!! :wink:

I never cared for what Lee Hughes did. Not my role to pass judgement, rightly or wrongly. Highly paid people wearing silly wigs decide on whether or not someone should be in prison, and how long they spend there. What I saw from lee was that he was repentant, and really willing to make the best of what was left of his career. I am also fully aware of Lee's totally alleged actions around Oldham...

However - I fully believe Lee Hughes is the reason I still support this football club (along with a few Oasis drinking partners... :wink: ). In the 8-10 games Bournemouth away and following (espeicially the away games) after Hughes banged in his first two goals, were some of the most exciting I have ever seen watching Latics (well, since the glory days obviously). We had a striker who terrified defences, and scored goals out of absolutely nowt. Something which we havent had since the 90's (bar fleeting glimpses from Wijnhard IMO), and probaby with the state of the club - and mediocrity of the football moving forward, wont have again. I turned up for the first time in bloody ages, expecting to win, as we had Hughes in the team. I know people didnt like it/him... but I havent seen a 'togetherness' in the crowd like that for ages... anyone who was at a game like Millwall away will know what I mean. Just a fantastic half a season or so...

Yep, it all fell to pieces, and Lee 'seemed' to be fishing around. However he was frigging great for us. He's moved on (rightly for many reasons) however if he decided to walk into latics on saturday and pull on an Oldham shirt - he would still be the best striker we have got.

I cant be there on saturday, if I was I'd cheer him to the rafters. I hope he scores a hat-trick to show how good he is.... but we win 4-3.. obviously...

Anyway....