England tonight

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So he smashes one past the guy in the sweat pants and then a few minutes later dances through the Championship "defence". Like to see him do that against anyone good in any kind of meaningful game.

But he hasn't. Too many times. Flat track bully. Get rid. Pronto.

Gerrard never has been and never will be the reason why England fail...

2 months too late.

(That was magnificent though)

Not from Stevie G...he was actually the only one who turned up throughout the WC for us...Scored in the 1st game, got a bit wayward admittedly vs Algeria as he kept drifting inside but in the final group game, he played well...it was the other dickheads who let the guy down. He's now dragging us through this friendly...not a fan of booing personally, but enjoyed seeing Rooney get it and wouldn't mind Cashley Cole getting it too! Neither of those give a flying F about England...some of the others do, but just cant turn it on (Lampard).

So he smashes one past the guy in the sweat pants and then a few minutes later dances through the Championship "defence". Like to see him do that against anyone good in any kind of meaningful game.

But he hasn't. Too many times. Flat track bully. Get rid. Pronto.

He's already done it plenty of times against some of the best defences in the world. He's a fantastic player.

It's the three Chelsea players who were hauled off at half time who should never pull on the shirt again.

Gerrard is the essential link from the old to the new. He's playing a captain's role on and off the pitch, and even though I can't stand the pikey scouse :censored: I can see that England need him and that he still has something to offer.

By the way, I think Capello's had a stroke. :unsure:

It's the three Chelsea players who were hauled off at half time who should never pull on the shirt again.

Gerrard is the essential link from the old to the new. He's playing a captain's role on and off the pitch, and even though I can't stand the pikey scouse :censored: I can see that England need him and that he still has something to offer.

By the way, I think Capello's had a stroke. :unsure:

Off Pearce? :shock:

I can hear Rooney's next conversation with Fergie.

"Pack it in lad - what's in it for you? You'll never win a trophy playing for your country and you get the blame when it goes wrong. Look at Scholsey - he went from strength to strenth after telling Swen where to go. The fans at Wembley hate you. Save your efforts for Old Trafford. Quit England".

I can hear Rooney's next conversation with Fergie.

"Pack it in lad - what's in it for you? You'll never win a trophy playing for your country and you get the blame when it goes wrong. Look at Scholsey - he went from strength to strenth after telling Swen where to go. The fans at Wembley hate you. Save your efforts for Old Trafford. Quit England".

I wouldn't miss him really... Talent but his attitude is just wrong sometimes...

He's already done it plenty of times against some of the best defences in the world. He's a fantastic player.

Where was he in bloomfontain? would he have got in Germanys midfield? I think hes been a dissapointment in an England shirt at the major tournaments to be honest in friendlies and in the qaulifiers hes been a match winner but in the big games has been found wanting somewhat although he is not the only one you could level that accusation at to be fair.

Sure yeah right. I'm sure the Germans (among others) are quaking in their boots in case they play us in two years' time and Gerrard's in the team.

After all, he did get the second in our 5-1 victory in Munich - in September 2001. Which was the last time he scored against anyone decent (and the Germans were not considered to be all that good at the time). When most of the current Kraut team were still in school.

I bet they're crapping it.

I suppose the other question is , is Capello a rich mans Penney?

He got it seriously wrong... He has had to swallow his pride and has done... and the result is good...

So dead weight gone... New players added... Better formation... Lets hope everyone learns and moves on...

I worry we might revert back to the old :censored:e for the qualifiers...

Sure yeah right. I'm sure the Germans (among others) are quaking in their boots in case they play us in two years' time and Gerrard's in the team.

After all, he did get the second in our 5-1 victory in Munich - in September 2001. Which was the last time he scored against anyone decent (and the Germans were not considered to be all that good at the time). When most of the current Kraut team were still in school.

I bet they're crapping it.

So basically you hate steven gerrard and refuse to admit that he's a great player no matter what, and you will never change your mind. Pointless trying to argue with you if that's the case.

So basically you hate steven gerrard and refuse to admit that he's a great player no matter what, and you will never change your mind. Pointless trying to argue with you if that's the case.

I think you'll find his mind is closed to all kinds of things, more often than not in the face of any kind of reason.

He got it seriously wrong... He has had to swallow his pride and has done... and the result is good...

So dead weight gone... New players added... Better formation... Lets hope everyone learns and moves on...

I worry we might revert back to the old :censored:e for the qualifiers...

The dead weight ain't gone is the problem. After a shafting like we took, you need to get rid of everything and start over. Even make Rooney earn his place. The same old egos doing the same old square passes and knocking it in more in hope than expectation is just no good anymore. Gerrard should do a Nasser Hussein right now, and say, "That was a good game, how I'd like to be remembered," and slope off into the commentary box.

The dead weight ain't gone is the problem. After a shafting like we took, you need to get rid of everything and start over. Even make Rooney earn his place. The same old egos doing the same old square passes and knocking it in more in hope than expectation is just no good anymore. Gerrard should do a Nasser Hussein right now, and say, "That was a good game, how I'd like to be remembered," and slope off into the commentary box.

All I hear is blah blah blah...

I agree on Rooney... The rest of what you keep coming out with is dross...

The only senior player who really deserves to be dropped is rooney. He again showed how much of an arrogant :censored: he is when he was substituted (deservedly so) tonight.

And Cashley Cole (for me)...Johnson, internationally, is :censored: but has time still for me. Same with Barry. Lamps should be benched and used as Gerrards replacement when required.

I suppose the other question is , is Capello a rich mans Penney?

Indeed...after the relegation of not qualifying for Euro 2008, he did the standard job of making WC 2010....akin to us having many things to overcome, reduced budget, injuries, 2 months with barely a game, false relegation battle to have to grind out results in. It's refreshing to see a manager (Capello) given a chance to see what you can do if you actually show some patience and restraint and let him learn and progress...

PS Although in truth, they only did as they couldn't afford to sack him

Edited by boundaryblue80