England tonight

One thing we've missed here - the one person who has most obviously failed to redeem himself, even a little bit, is Capello himself. He's either had a stroke or he's going senile - the way he apparently ended beckham's career off the cuff was farcical. (Not objecting to that decision, just the ridiculous way he handled it).

As for Clive Tyldesley, to quote someone else on him, "I don't think anyone, anywhere can possibly be quite as utterly incompetent at their chosen profession as he is." The contrast between the banal, mentally redundant way he was creaming himself over England's first half performance and the somewhat more realistic and intelligent view on Radio 5 was astounding.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hallelujah - I found Euro 2008 to be the most enjoyable tournament since Euro '96! :pray:

Fingers crossed, the England team will continue to embarrass the nation in every possible way and thus eventually prompt an absolute overhaul of the domestic game and the end of the Premiership as we know today.

+1

Hallelujah - I found Euro 2008 to be the most enjoyable tournament since Euro '96! :pray:

Fingers crossed, the England team will continue to embarrass the nation in every possible way and thus eventually prompt an absolute overhaul of the domestic game and the end of the Premiership as we know today.

go on the stitch how would you overhaul the Prem?

One thing we've missed here - the one person who has most obviously failed to redeem himself, even a little bit, is Capello himself. He's either had a stroke or he's going senile - the way he apparently ended beckham's career off the cuff was farcical. (Not objecting to that decision, just the ridiculous way he handled it).

As for Clive Tyldesley, to quote someone else on him, "I don't think anyone, anywhere can possibly be quite as utterly incompetent at their chosen profession as he is." The contrast between the banal, mentally redundant way he was creaming himself over England's first half performance and the somewhat more realistic and intelligent view on Radio 5 was astounding.

Capello should tell the Bloemfontein players they're retired simply by not including them in the squad. No personal phone call, no mollycoddling of any kind. That's what got us in this mess in the first place.

Tyldesley reminds me of American football commentators - who are obliged to mention players' work for charity every time they do anything.

For a start I'd reintegrate the division into the Football League, as its current position as a stand alone cash cow is the route cause of all the 'evils' (perhaps bar the F.A).

Nice idea the only problem is getting the FA and the PL chairman to agree with it which would be like asking Turkeys on a vote for christmas as your asking them to give up hundreds of millions of pounds. Unfortunately the premier league would just carry on congratulating itself if the England team were to fail because its "the best league in the world" it is you know Sky tell us :huh:

Nice idea the only problem is getting the FA and the PL chairman to agree with it which would be like asking Turkeys on a vote for christmas as your asking them to give up hundreds of millions of pounds. Unfortunately the premier league would just carry on congratulating itself if the England team were to fail because its "the best league in the world" it is you know Sky tell us :huh:

Fully realise that, like Garcon said, "we can but dream". However I'm confident the day will eventually come when football's time as mainstream entertainment comes to an end and genuine football fans get their game back!

How else would you expect pundit's to describe their employers premier product? :wink:

Fully realise that, like Garcon said, "we can but dream". However I'm confident the day will eventually come when football's time as mainstream entertainment comes to an end and genuine football fans get their game back!

How else would you expect pundit's to describe their employers premier product? :wink:

I've got an idea. Why don't we introduce a punitive rate of income tax (say 99% when you're in the top quarter of football's wage bracket), meaning that the top teams won't be able to attract foreign "talent", so giving English players a better chance of getting a game. We might not be able to introduce a quota system, but watch the premier greed suddenly start to work in the interests of the national team and the national game.

I've got an idea. Why don't we introduce a punitive rate of income tax (say 99% when you're in the top quarter of football's wage bracket), meaning that the top teams won't be able to attract foreign "talent", so giving English players a better chance of getting a game. We might not be able to introduce a quota system, but watch the premier greed suddenly start to work in the interests of the national team and the national game.

Little will change until the starry eyed, gormless masses get bored of metaphorically sucking Rooney/Torres/Fabregas/Drogba's cocks.

I think its more concerning that MR Capello has turned to players that weren't considered good enough for the World Cup i.e Zamora,C Cole, Jagielka. The first two both hardly being young blood.

IMO, i'd sacrifice the Euros with the hope of building a squad that may be capable of doing something at the next world cup, so for me Terry and his london boy clique (Lampard, J cole, Crouch etc) would be axed. Like someone previously mentioned, they'll all be mid 30's then.

Gerrard I would keep invloved, for me he does care for the shirt and does have something to offer to younger inexpericnced talen in the squad.

Step forward, Gibbs, Wilshere, Rodwell, Huddlestone, Walcott, Dawson, Carroll, Nouble.

P>S Gibbs was probably our best player after Gerrard last night at left back, but my question is;who will start at left back against Bulgaria? We all know.

I think its more concerning that MR Capello has turned to players that weren't considered good enough for the World Cup i.e Zamora,C Cole, Jagielka. The first two both hardly being young blood.

Zamora and Jaguelka were both injured or else they'd probably have made the World Cup.