England tonight

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that was one of the most entertaining half's of football I have seen from England in about six years... I would of booed at the start of the game (they deserved it) but at half time ?? They must off been watching a different game to me...

personally lost interest after about 20 mins...

personally lost interest after about 20 mins...

Blimey. I admire your stamina.

I lost interest after 14 minutes, but I cheated by tuning in only in the twelfth minute. Lampard, Barry, Gerrard should not be playing again. We need to turn the page and let a new team form for the Euros. The old egos just stop that happening.

I am the first to jump on England when they play crap but they have done well tonight so far.. Players being played in their right positions... Good link up play... Only problem is the players need to back up Rooney in the box more...

So what if we do okay tonight against basically Championship opposition? Why on earth are we giving last summer's failures another chance? So that they can get turned over even more embarrassingly than the last time?

So what if we do okay tonight against basically Championship opposition? Why on earth are we giving last summer's failures another chance? So that they can get turned over even more embarrassingly than the last time?

You can't just drop every senior player... I wouldn't of picked Terry and I wouldn't of started Rooney... Besides that most of the ones who deserved dropping have been...

The news faces and the ones who weren't picked have made a difference tonight and the senior players have played alright. Its encouraging... What more do you want?

Its not perfect tonight but its better...

You can't just drop every senior player...

Really? Who says?

I'd have kept Rooney, but that's 'cause he's brilliant and still might do something for us in two years. Lampard won't, and neither will Barry, Terry, Lampard or Gerrard. No matter how well they play, it's not encouraging. They got shown up so badly last summer that no one in their right mind could consider them "senior" players - it takes more than caps on the mantlepiece to earn respect. They got their pants pulled down in South Africa. What do they have to teach the younger players? How to get shat on by a less experienced side and keep your place in the team? Is that what we want Walcott and Ashley Young and Adam Johnson learning?

In fact, some of those punters should have more shame and just retire.

I was surprised (more than anything) to see Barry on the field. I thought he'd just be arriving back in the England box in Blomfontein chasing after Ozil, who isn't that quick.

Edited by 24hoursfromtulsehill

Really? Who says?

I'd have kept Rooney, but that's 'cause he's brilliant and still might do something for us in two years. Lampard won't, and neither will Barry, Terry, Lampard or Gerrard. No matter how well they play, it's not encouraging. They got shown up so badly last summer that no one in their right mind could consider them "senior" players - it takes more than caps on the mantlepiece to earn respect. They got their pants pulled down in South Africa. What do they have to teach the younger players? How to get shat on by a less experienced side and keep your place in the team? Is that what we want Walcott and Ashley Young and Adam Johnson learning?

In fact, some of those punters should have more shame and just retire.

I was surprised (more than anything) to see Barry on the field. I thought he'd just be arriving back in the England box in Blomfontein chasing after Ozil, who isn't that quick.

Out with the new, in with the old.

AND AGAIN...

THAT IS WHY SILLY BILLY :D

So he smashes one past the guy in the sweat pants and then a few minutes later dances through the Championship "defence". Like to see him do that against anyone good in any kind of meaningful game.

But he hasn't. Too many times. Flat track bully. Get rid. Pronto.