Transparency

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want all in...

Full details of transfers...

Full details of the club employees aka players...

Full details on the club finances... We got a great insight from Leeslover granted and I see no reason why that shouldn't be a regular thing...

Regular meetings to discuss and a say on the direction of the club... maybe every six months ?

Details on who owns what... Its still a matter of debate who owns BP it seems for example, surely we know who own the home we play in...

A representative, voted for by the fans, who can provide details on what is going on and is free to answer questions...

Maybe a scheme for the fans to buy into the club...

Just a few thoughts... Now waits for someone to come back and say confidentiality blah blah blah...

You want full details?

Stump some cash and attend why dont you? Or purchase a % of the club which entitles you to?

Certain information should be made public, BUT NOT the players wages, not the full transfer details (some yes but not all)

BP and its land is in the name of Brassbank Ltd (i think? its certainly something along those lines) and think it was Blitz who purchased it, but am sure Gazal & Corney own a % of it?

I did a cheeky edit while you was replying... As a fan I feel I already own 3% of the club may I add...

No, the trust owns 3% of the club...

That's reasonable enough for us stakeholders and customers but what about yourself?

Techincally he is a stakeholder - external stakeholder as he has an interest in the business...

I don't think we are in as bad a financial positions as some clubs, there was one club chairman who danced a jig of joy when his team conceded a goal after being 3-0 up, when asked why he was doing this he repliied;

"Well I won't have to pay them a clean sheet bonus now"

Because it's the football team you support?

Yes it is. But I don't think the owner has it's best interest at heart. And I don't think he has for a very long time. I am not giving my money to him. And this black hole.

You want full details?

Stump some cash and attend why dont you? Or purchase a % of the club which entitles you to?

Certain information should be made public, BUT NOT the players wages, not the full transfer details (some yes but not all)

BP and its land is in the name of Brassbank Ltd (i think? its certainly something along those lines) and think it was Blitz who purchased it, but am sure Gazal & Corney own a % of it?

I was asked what I would like, don't jump on me for answering...

I tried doing that via the trust and it went pear shape... I would be interested in buying a small share in the club but I doubt its going to happen... The club want us to invest into the club... Well why not sell us a percentage of the business ?

No, the trust owns 3% of the club...

See above...

Edited by oafc0000

BB80's post is a good one and ask some pertinent questions and, understandably, there will be differences of opinions on just how much the fans of any club are entitled to know.

It was a lot easier in the days before the 'information highway' and we just turned up at the gate, paid the money, watched the match and went home happy or depressed and then waited with renewed enthusiasm for the next game.

Nowadays, the club is more involved with the fans in the form of playershare etc. and uses the media to encourage the fans to put their hard-earned cash into the club and its related merchandise and activities, in order to maintain the club's existence. In return we are entitled to know, to a certain extent, how our money is being used and the club should have the courtesy - in certain matters relating to the club's continued existence - to let the fans know what is going on.

If you're not interested in the argument, don't read the post...if you want to bury your head in the sand, then do so, but don't suddenly expect any answers if the club does go out of business.

Would you believe that talks have been held? no matter how tentative or tenuous? cos I certainly do.

What I was referring to lags was the likely spiel to be quoted by the club if we did end up sharing spotland, as in how many people would fall for the 'but but its more to invest in the team etc spiel', not the concept of sharing with rochdale

Would not surprise me in the slightest if talks have been held

I tried doing that via the trust and it went pear shape... I would be interested in buying a small share in the club but I doubt its going to happen... The club want us to invest into the club... Well why not sell us a percentage of the business ?

See above...

Well buying s small share in the business wonlt entitle you to half the things you want

Think about it, if you get share options and the like at work, she still only get certain information.

Much of what you needs to stay private.

Don't know about sharing spotland, but a new stadium, maybe other side of shaw, near that new road network on way to Gordon Riggs? Two entrances, one liveried up in our name, one in rochdales. I'd take that any day over failsworth. If clubs the size of AC and Inter can manage it then surely a couple of little clubs can. Sorry, went off topic a bit there.....

Club can't have a ground in Rochdale due to FA rules whether that is right or wrong it is a fact.

Fortunately the way the team are playing and the youth set up are the most positive things happening within the club at the moment. Lets hope that his encourages some hard core football investment that can put the Football Club and its infrastructure on a sound footing. The rest of the club:Ground;communication at an adult level with fans;new ground plans; funding and marketing are a joke.

Then why not enquire or ask Barry to ask how much it would be to purcahse x% of the club..?

Once a price has been quoted than perhaps this could be another scheme the trust can set up for fans to get more than the 3% currently owned..? (barry?)

Then why not enquire or ask Barry to ask how much it would be to purcahse x% of the club..?

Once a price has been quoted than perhaps this could be another scheme the trust can set up for fans to get more than the 3% currently owned..? (barry?)

Because I am having a light hearted chat on here about it ?

Maybe it could be an idea to keep the club a float to resell some of the shares to the supporters... A bit out there but an idea none the less.. Although you would have to create a situation where you could sell them at a realistic level... So altogether its probably a totally unrealistic idea... :)

Club can't have a ground in Rochdale due to FA rules whether that is right or wrong it is a fact.

I suspect there would be some flexibility in the FA rules, given that Grimsby play in Cleethorpes, Manchester United play in Trafford and Port Vale doesn't even exist!

And don't get me started on Wimbledon.

In return we are entitled to know, to a certain extent, how our money is being used and the club should have the courtesy - in certain matters relating to the club's continued existence - to let the fans know what is going on.

this implies that there is a great grand scheme in place..some kind of strategy??...whereas I think the club is just trying to get from 1 month to the next as a viable business whilst trying to improve things on and off the park..all IMO

I don't think we are in as bad a financial positions as some clubs, there was one club chairman who danced a jig of joy when his team conceded a goal after being 3-0 up, when asked why he was doing this he repliied;

"Well I won't have to pay them a clean sheet bonus now"

Ha ha , thats quality.

Who was that?

I confidently predict we will be cap in hand knocking on Mr Hamiltons door this time next year,Whitebank stadium is where the futures at guys.

Even some of the lemmings are beginning to see the tree's it seems.

Whereas i smelt a rat about 18months ago,at least.

'We have secured the future of the club for another season',LOL,i'd suggest Failsworths dead in the water.

Suprise suprise ...

I confidently predict we will be cap in hand knocking on Mr Hamiltons door this time next year,Whitebank stadium is where the futures at guys.

Even some of the lemmings are beginning to see the tree's it seems.

Whereas i smelt a rat about 18months ago,at least.

'We have secured the future of the club for another season',LOL,i'd suggest Failsworths dead in the water.

Suprise suprise ...

Bold predicyion about Hamilton.

And wrong I think beause the ground won't meet crieria, so it would be Rochdale.

But to say you thought things were fishy/rcky 18 months ago?

Thats like saying you believe there is a credit ccrunch about to make the economy a bit tricky.

And I am as far from a dom and gloomer as you can get.