Transparency

Isn't it about time we had some? How much should we know? How secure is our future...with a "loan" outstanding?

This isn't so much a Tom Eaves post (or I would have put it in that post) but an overall topic about a severe lack of transparency we're getting. Especially regarding the leaving of the main investors of the club...why are certain "Elected" people not asking some serious questions. I'll copy my comment in tonights Chron rather than re-hash it....

"....hiding a fee that Bolton haven't been too quiet about is again the same old "clear as mud" policy from a Boardroom that came in promising transparency.

More importantly though, why is nobody asking about this loan to the departed Two Amigos? How many "undisclosed fees", TV appearance monies & cup runs will pay them off? More so, when this loan is paid off, who owns what? Will Corney and Directors own the lot? Where would the Micah money go if he was sold tomorrow & we had (for example) £2m coming our way? Into this "undisclosed" black hole? Would we be free from this loan to Blitz and Gazal? When it's paid off, if Failsworth still hasn't happened, will the rest of BP land from Brassbank be transferred back to OAFC? Nobody's asking the real questions...while the clear as mud policy lingers on & directors leave!"

I highlight the Richards scenario as many people keep saying that they want him sold so we are a little bit more flush...but I don't see a penny staying in OAFC. I'd imagine it would go to paying off this loan....As things stand, we owe a non-specified amount, to some people who no longer run the club....doesn't fill me with any confidence at all. So when we question the fee received today...I'd rather know where it's going to go more than what the fee is (although I wouldn't mind knowing that either.) Is it towards next seasons budget? Towards the Failsworth fund (as T2A that have left won't be chipping in now)? The youth set-up? This loan to T2A? At what point will we have paid off what we rightly owe T2A and turn into being asset stripped without realising it?

Who's getting to the answers?

Edited by boundaryblue80

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This type of bollocks is what I hate most about post euro-96 football :angry:

Why whats wrong with the questions that hes asking they are all very valid If people want the fans to dip into their pockets for tickets, merchandise, Playershareschemes then they want to know where that money goes If Barry wants more backing from the fans these are the questions he should be tackling.

Why whats wrong with the questions that hes asking they are all very valid If people want the fans to dip into their pockets for tickets, merchandise, Playershareschemes then they want to know where that money goes If Barry wants more backing from the fans these are the questions he should be tackling.

i don't know, i stopped reading at "transparency"

give us our game back

Isn't it about time we had some? How much should we know? How secure is our future...with a "loan" outstanding?

This isn't so much a Tom Eaves post (or I would have put it in that post) but an overall topic about a severe lack of transparency we're getting. Especially regarding the leaving of the main investors of the club...why are certain "Elected" people not asking some serious questions. I'll copy my comment in tonights Chron rather than re-hash it....

"....hiding a fee that Bolton haven't been too quiet about is ago the same old "clear as mud" policy from a Boardroom that came in promising transparency.

More importantly though, why is nobody asking about this loan to the departed Two Amigos? How many "undisclosed fees", TV appearance monies & cup runs will pay them off? More so, when this loan is paid off, who owns what? Will Corney and Directors own the lot? Where would the Micah money go if he was sold tomorrow & we had (for example) £2m coming our way? Into this "undisclosed" black hole? Would we be free from this loan to Blitz and Gazal? When it's paid off, if Failsworth still hasn't happened, will the rest of BP land from Brassbank be transferred back to OAFC? Nobody's asking the real questions...while the clear as mud policy lingers on & directors leave!"

I highlight the Richards scenario as many people keep saying that they want him sold so we are a little bit more flush...but I don't see a penny staying in OAFC. I'd imagine it would go to paying off this loan....As things stand, we owe a non-specified amount, to some people who no longer run the club....doesn't fill me with any confidence at all. So when we question the fee received today...I'd rather know where it's going to go more than what the fee is (although I wouldn't mind knowing that either.) Is it towards next seasons budget? Towards the Failsworth fund (as T2A that have left won't be chipping in now)? The youth set-up? This loan to T2A? At what point will we have paid off what we rightly owe T2A and turn into being asset stripped without realising it?

+1.

"....hiding a fee that Bolton haven't been too quiet about is ago the same old "clear as mud" policy from a Boardroom that came in promising transparency.

A cracking post. The club tell us we're all in it together.....but only when it suits it seems sometimes.

It's an interesting debate.....how much should the fans know?

Yeah. Things could be worse, Clubcall (0898 12 11 42... 55p a minute) could be the only way of getting any news out of the club.

What's that our lot get labelled with?....something about living in the past...

Speaking of which, around the time that number was all the info we could get...what was happening to the club? That's right...down, down, deeper and down...

We should use that number the next time a bucket needs shaking...

Edited by boundaryblue80

Bang on the money questions that should now be searched out instead of head in the sand stuff. Today we are sailing in a boat with holes in rough waters....but sailing. That will not continue and this boat is in peril.

Edited by Lags