I can't believe this guy's only been in the job less than two months....he's has such confidence and assurance during interviews and already I think we have unearthed a real gem.

The vasy majority of this squad were here under Penney and the improvement in effort, entertainment, and goalscoring is there for all to see.....his enthusiasm and drive is certainly rubbing off on the players.

It will most likely be the same team on Saturday as he says the current players have earned the right to be in the 1st eleven with their desire and workrate and obviously winning start to the season. The young lads must be thrilled to know that if they continue to perform they will stay in the team...... and what a difference that should make to their confidence!!

Chris Taylor, when fit, was a nailed on starter in last season's team however he is now having to bust a gut just to get involved! That sort of healthy competition has got to be good for this club and long may it continue!!!

I can't believe this guy's only been in the job less than two months....he's has such confidence and assurance during interviews and already I think we have unearthed a real gem.

The vasy majority of this squad were here under Penney and the improvement in effort, entertainment, and goalscoring is there for all to see.....his enthusiasm and drive is certainly rubbing off on the players.

It will most likely be the same team on Saturday as he says the current players have earned the right to be in the 1st eleven with their desire and workrate and obviously winning start to the season. The young lads must be thrilled to know that if they continue to perform they will stay in the team...... and what a difference that should make to their confidence!!

Chris Taylor, when fit, was a nailed on starter in last season's team however he is now having to bust a gut just to get involved! That sort of healthy competition has got to be good for this club and long may it continue!!!

That's put the mockers on it now, a certain 5-0 drubbing at Charlton. :(

I am half expecting a defeat in all honesty...what is more important at this stage is the level of performance and commitment shown by anyone pulling a latics shirt on..IMO

i'm not - i'm expecting at least a point if not all 3

Charlton arent a patch on their team last year, worse if anything.

We go there full of confidence nothing to lose, hit them with a goal first 20 then build from their. Keep there wingers quiet and its there for the taking.

Same with the league, only Sheff Weds and Saints with the true stand out squad and abilities to go up the rest is anyones.

KTF

PMA POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE

And if we do lose, so what, thats football and we know this year that Charlton will have had to play pretty well to do that, so as long as we were to go down fighting then who can complain?

Edited by shefflatic

i'm not - i'm expecting at least a point if not all 3

so you expect us to get something?

If we don't we haven't met your expectations. Who do you not expect a point at? There is nowt to be scared of in this league, but we can hardly go to places like charlton expecting to win.

I'm expecting us to have a go at winning it, we are full of confidence and with 2 home games after this - we might as well give it a right go. We are a decent team on our day, But I'm hopeful of a good result rather than expectant. If we can be up the top @ Christmas then we will have some form to talk of, not just 2 games.

I do like your optimism though!

Doesn't matter what happens Saturday , we have had more entertainment in 2 games so far than the whole of last season.

Win , lose or draw in the next 44 games , one things for certain it will be 100% effort and in this league it will probably win more games than it loses. :lol:

A good, honest, hard working performance, so they can walk off with their heads held high, and I'll take a defeat. We won't win every game, we know that, but if the effort and commitment is there, we can't complain. Dickov is a breath of fresh air and every single comment that comes out from the players just tells you how much happier they are now, how fed up (I nearly said 'pissed off') they obviously were under Dave Penis and the confidence he (PD) has instilled in them. Today's quote from Dean Brill - he says Boundary Park is a far happier place than last season and that is down to the effect Paul Dickov has had.

I hope PD is with us for a VERY long ride.

Edited by Bristolatic

A good, honest, hard working performance, so they can walk off with their heads held high, and I'll take a defeat. We won't win every game, we know that, but if the effort and commitment is there, we can't complain. Dickov is a breath of fresh air and every single comment that comes out from the players just tells you how much happier they are now, how fed up (I nearly said 'pissed off') they obviously were under Dave Penis and the confidence he (PD) has instilled in them. Today's quote from Dean Brill - he says Boundary Park is a far happier place than last season and that is down to the effect Paul Dickov has had.

I hope PD is with us for a VERY long ride.

Well a point was gained there last season with a team containing Colbeck, Lomax, Whitaker and Parker, so that's definite grounds for optimism this Saturday.

Totally agree. I just watched the Thursday Press Conference on Latics Player. Of the reserves 6-0 drubbing against Burnley, he said, "I don't like to see any of my teams get beat six-nil - I don't like to see any of my teams get beat one-nil." Class.

Charlton will struggle again to get in the top 2

they are beatable, we have the confidence, lets play to win, if we lose we lose, but we will know the lads went there to win and not just to shut up shop and earn a point

Agree, I said that last season when a poor Latics side easily held out. Unless Parkinson has a Plan B, they'll finish outside the auto places imo...they've lost a lot of quality.

Agree, I said that last season when a poor Latics side easily held out. Unless Parkinson has a Plan B, they'll finish outside the auto places imo...they've lost a lot of quality.

they really will struggle to get in the play-offs, let real madrid go there and batter them :lol: :lol:

I think we'll get something from this game, Charlton although a much bigger club will be weary of all the positivity Dickov's instilled into every player, confidence is sky high and more of the same from the last 2 games will see us home nicely