Car park frustration

Why do people arrive early in the club car park, park on the 'front row'... and then not return to their car until 15 mins after FT???

My journey to BP involves a 500 mile round trip and making a quick getaway after final whistle can save 30-40 mins on my journey home...I sat there boxed in like a numptie until gone 5 last night and didn't get home until 9.30.

May run the firebug risk with roadside parking next week!

Spleen vented.

Why do people arrive early in the club car park, park on the 'front row'... and then not return to their car until 15 mins after FT???

My journey to BP involves a 500 mile round trip and making a quick getaway after final whistle can save 30-40 mins on my journey home...I sat there boxed in like a numptie until gone 5 last night and didn't get home until 9.30.

May run the firebug risk with roadside parking next week!

Spleen vented.

obviously people are going to tell you to park in a better place...

b and q car park you can now park for 3 hours...so if you time your journey right there is one answer,easy to get on and off that car park...alternatively park in the hospital grounds,i dont know how much they charge these days in there,but it has cctv,so if you parked near the maternity block you should be fine..

another one is where i park around faulkenhurst street chadderton,there are about 4 or 5 streets there only a short walk to bp and never had a problem in 15 years of parking there...

i never ever park on official club car parks for the very same reason you are stating now...takes too long to get off them afterwards

obviously people are going to tell you to park in a better place...

b and q car park you can now park for 3 hours...so if you time your journey right there is one answer,easy to get on and off that car park...alternatively park in the hospital grounds,i dont know how much they charge these days in there,but it has cctv,so if you parked near the maternity block you should be fine..

another one is where i park around faulkenhurst street chadderton,there are about 4 or 5 streets there only a short walk to bp and never had a problem in 15 years of parking there...

i never ever park on official club car parks for the very same reason you are stating now...takes too long to get off them afterwards

yeah as stated, hospital grounds is where i always go, as you come round the bend having passed b and q, the car park adjacent to the main road on the right, park in there £2 for 3 hours always spaces and a 2 min walk round the corner to the ground and an easy enough getaway afterwards.

I always used to be a B&Q man, but when the new signs went up at the end of last season I started looking for pastures new.

I might give the hospital a try in future - just seems a shame to put money into the hospital instead of the club...although the NHS are relatively worthy recipients in the grand scheme of things.

May run the firebug risk with roadside parking next week!Spleen vented.

I´ve parked on the housing estate at the back of the old Lookers Stand for 10+ years for similar reasons to yours and my car has never been interfered with....

Having said that, it is crap :D

Edited by Break The Silence

I´ve parked on the housing estate at the back of the old Lookers Stand for 10+ years for similar reasons to yours and my car has never been interfered with....

Ive been to many brothels and ive never been interfered with :(

ye an besides who cares about the relatives of patients who are dying and might want to go visit. sod them ay they can just walk cant they. either set off ealrier or y not try the clayton green 5er to park but u get a voucher to use in the pub

internet warrior alert!!!lol

its one of those,if you go in the bottom end of the hospital,near the mortuary there is usually lots of spaces there,nowhere near all the main wards....so if you drive in have a look round and see more than 40 odd empty spaces whats the problem???? your actually paying to park there...

like i said i park on local roads because its easier

It's bang out of order parking in the hospital grounds.

When my lad was born a couple of years ago I could never find a space.

Maternity ward is obviously nowhere near where I used to park on matchdays (up to about 3-4 years ago) because there were hundreds of spaces on there!

A few things if you park on the hospital grounds don't think your money goes to the hospital/trust its much more likely to go to the private company that pay the trust so much per year to look after the parking (including doing any clamping/private parking tickets).

In answer to the OP question it was probably those who were working at the club in some capacity- usually the stewards. They get there early because they have to and leave late because they have to. Sometimes they park in a location not obstructing anyone's exit but not always.

If the rifle range has a car park I don't know how to get on to it. I parked on the road near there on Saturday, in a space that was comfortably big enough for my little car at about 2.45, which I easily eyed up from the big roundabout. I was very surprised to find the lay-by near there going towards the motorway had at least one space in it at that time (always a good place for a quick getaway).

I don't remember the Clayton Green charging to park on there last season (I know it used to), but then again I was usually in a car with at least 4 people in it and most of the time all of us had 1 drink.

I have parked on the hospital with my Dad on a few occassions (but he used to have a permit for it so had already pre-paid) but never did it regularly as the gates near B&Q were locked. If they are open though you can get away very quickly. I don't know what the wards are near there but they looked like maintence buildings/the mortuary so not somewhere with a load of visitors. I'm not a big fan of parking on hospital grounds (and I probably have more reason to do so than almost everyone else on here), simply because they are a rip-off and there are quite a few people who need to park closer than I do.

A few things if you park on the hospital grounds don't think your money goes to the hospital/trust its much more likely to go to the private company that pay the trust so much per year to look after the parking (including doing any clamping/private parking tickets).

Unless something has changed in the last couple of years it used to be the hospital who looked after their own parking.

The hospital has significantly fewer parking spaces than it used to have.

I have a policy in life of not paying for parking unless I really have to. So I park on a street 5 minutes walk away.

But not in our residents only signed area.

But not in our residents only signed area.

When me and the wifey park some where we always respect the rules and pay the fee... So we wouldn't park in a "residents only" area... We also wouldn't park in a "patients / visitors only" area...

I think if people don't like people parking at the hospital then it is the hospital complaints should be aimed at...

Edited by oafc0000

If it's a quick getaway you need, park on Clayton playing fields car park, just off Broadway. You're straight off, onto Broadway after the game that way. You just need to get there about half an hour before kick off to get on.

+1. I mostly park here. Like FMS says, get there early enough and there's no problems. If I'm running late, I'll use the club car park, ignore where the attendants tell me to go, and stick it right on the very back row by little wembley so I don't get blocked in.....

Unless something has changed in the last couple of years it used to be the hospital who looked after their own parking.

Used to be- yeah perhaps but I know at North Manchester which has been in the same trust for 5 years or so, its a private company that pay them so much per year and has been for a bit.