Dickov wants a PLAYER and he NEEDS Fans to Help.

So you'd drop Jones? If we're able to bin a few then yes consider this lad. But the funds should be used elsewhere imo.

if this lad's better, yes.

Jones has been half decent but not great by any stretch.

anyway, i can't drop Jones or otherwise, only PD can and it says earlier in this thread that PD considers both Dikaba AND Lee first teamers. whether that means starters or not isn't clear. (?)

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you'd drop Jones? If we're able to bin a few then yes consider this lad. But the funds should be used elsewhere imo.

To be fair Jones is playing out of position, he's a box to box midfielder. I'd play him with Furman in the centre and drop Stephens to the bench 'cause Stephens hasn't really been great other than his set pieces.

Put me down for £5 too.

How about some othose who don't go to matches but claim to be supporters stumping up?

Not a chance... Have you seen the price of bread ? The ducks are getting skinny :(

On a serious note... I fundamentally disagree with the levels earn't by footballers, specially the large sums paid to two bit League One players. Even if you go back two years were I was coming every single game I would not get on board with this sort of scheme. Pay League One footballers what comes through the turnstile and not what they think they are worth.

Now if the trust or fans were due back some money if he was sold on etc then I would be interested.

But if you want to back the scheme then good on you all!

Will back out of this thread now before it turns into a bun fight and then me getting told I am derailing the thread despite being asked a direct question :wink:

Edited by oafc0000

Maybe Paul shouldn't have got excited and blown most of his budget on a luxury striker who is always on international duty or injured.

Although he's unfortunate that the previous manager signed a couple of turkeys on good wages and 2 year contracts, if we could get shot of Jacobsen and Worthy we'd have enough for a couple more decent players.

Also, Fleming is not listed in our squad on the OS......conspiracy time?

It's a decent point...

Whilst I whole-heartedly agree with the concept of Player Share, and I will be contributing once I'm in a position to do so, I don't agree with signing another right-back. Kieran Lee and Andy Holdsworth are more than sufficient. An out and out poacher is what we need and is the difference between drawing 0-0 at home to Yeovil and nicking a manky 1-0. I know I may be in the minority but we're well covered at Right-Back and the funds could be used better up top. Oh and if Kelvin isn't snapped up - he's here until May.

My thoughts exactly. I was led to believe that this player share scheme was set up to help out in the January transfer window; when by then we would be in a position to know where in the squad we needed to strengthen & more importantly; there would have been a sufficient time lag to have allowed enough funds to have been paid into the scheme for it to have realistically worked.

With 1 night and 1 working day before the window shuts; is it really feasible for the fans to all dip into their pockets and to reach a sum of £26K?

Whilst I fully understand that PD has seen something in this player and thinks he would be a good addition to the side; he must surely be aware that it’s a simple situation – the cupboard is bare and so he can’t bring him in.

The fact that we have 2 other right backs on top of the current #1 choice on the books must surely dictate to PD that he shouldn’t be looking to bring another one in; regardless of whether or not he rates them or not.

A scenario whereby K.Lee gets either suspended or injured just means that either Holdsworth or Lomax would come in to the side. Andy Holdsworth is a very solid League 1 player; one who until his injury was one of our better players last season. He is a more than capable & competent replacement for K.Lee should he need to step in; whilst it appears that PD & Tags aren’t won over by him; surely they must see that within the tight budget constraints that they have to work within; it is the sensible option. Whilst I don’t particularly rate Lomax myself; in a ‘needs-must’ situation; he would be able to hold up an end so to speak and come in a plug a gap.

Basically; what I’m saying; and I think what Prozac is too; is that, currently we have 3 right backs in an already packed squad; 1 of which is playing out of his skin and looking to be a top player at this level; so why look to bring in another 1 and really stretch the budget of the owner & of the fans too with this scheme; when we’re more than covered in that area as it is?

Now; if Dickaba was a 20 goal a season poacher; then that would be a different matter entirely.......

If this player is really wanted badly enough why doesn't Simon Corney ask the other members of the club board (ie:- the other directors) to put a bit in now and again instead of just himself :wink:

That way the Playershare funds can be built up in readiness for the January Transfer Window.

Dave Hudson

I really struggle to understand why the fans should help pay for a player. If the club don't have the money to sign him, then don't sign him.

A shorter version of what I was saying!!

We're covered at RB; and if he's out of reach financially; then he's out of reach surely?

If this player is really wanted badly enough why doesn't Simon Corney ask the other members of the club board (ie:- the other directors) to put a bit in now and again instead of just himself :wink:

That way the Playershare funds can be built up in readiness for the January Transfer Window.

Dave Hudson

The budget was supposedly in place for this season yet the extra £445k through the three player sales has been swallowed up by running costs. HOW? when the budget was already in place and agreed until May?

I dont understand all the fuss on here from people who seem to know better than the manager about the type of player needed.

You have 2 choices...........

1) Trust Dickov and contribute if you can afford to as I have

2) Disagree with his signing / playershare and dont contribute

If it's number 2, need you contribute your views and put potential investors off?

In Dickov I trust!

With 1 night and 1 working day before the window shuts; is it really feasible for the fans to all dip into their pockets and to reach a sum of £26K?

The amount we raise is probably irrelevant, I'm guessing that he's going to sign anyway and that the club will stump up the cash to sign him irrespective of how little it donated in the next day. There's no way this signing is dependant on that fans raising 26k before 5PM, that's just a nonsense, the club can either afford him or they can't. Surely the club aren't naive enough to think we can just raise anywhere near 26k in a day. We'll be lucky to raise £1000.

The whole "the fans need to raise as much as possible before tomorrow" is probably just a way of the club trying to get fans to donate swiftly, maybe to help cover JPT costs for tonight.

If Dikaba is a player Paul Dickov wants, he's probably going to sign.

"Right, we're signing Dikaba but we're really at the bottom of the barrel in terms of funds for transfers, so get donating to player share"

That's at least my interpretation of it. Watch Dikaba's signing announced on the OS about 17:55.

Edited by PlayItLivo

The club doesn't need 26K today, they need to see the intent to raise 26K from the scheme. There will be a rough estimate on how much money will be in the scheme after a year based on current donations.

I've been impressed with Dickovs signings so far this year, if he says this guy is a must have, then the club should sign him regardless. The people donating to the scheme will raise as much as they possibly can.

There maybe some news tomorrow of some listed players leaving

Is there any news?

The club doesn't need 26K today, they need to see the intent to raise 26K from the scheme. There will be a rough estimate on how much money will be in the scheme after a year based on current donations.

I've been impressed with Dickovs signings so far this year, if he says this guy is a must have, then the club should sign him regardless. The people donating to the scheme will raise as much as they possibly can.

Is there any news?

thats my take on it too,the money is not needed now to sign him,but if the club do sign him then they just want to know they have x y and z in place to pay for his wages....it could be mr corney dips into his pocket for the first 4 or 5 months to cover his wages whilst everything builds up.

but like has also been mentioned,do the people contributing get something back if he turns out to be a world beater and we sell on for a tidy profit at a later date???

also as metioned by others...yes we are covered in that area....and whilst i think feeney could turn out to be a decent signing,whilst he is always sodding off to play for his country we are not getting what we paid for yet.

if we could move out maybe 2 players who are surplus to req,then i am of the opinion a goal poachers is required over a defender...

So if this money doesn't get spent on this guy today/tomorrow we tecnically have this at present £7000. Which with more people joining this scheme and those already part of it contributing means this figure accumulates on a weekly basis technically, gives the manager a bigger budget in january, and theirfore the option of bringing in a better player then, does it not?

Edited by GlossopLatic

So if this money doesn't get spent on this guy today/tomorrow we tecnically have this at present £7000. Which with more people joining this scheme and those already part of it contributing means this figure accumulates on a weekly basis technically, gives the manager a bigger budget in january, and theirfore the option of bringing in a better player then, does it not?

My understanding of what was the schemes intention - the January Transfer Window 2011. Not a 4th RB last minute in this window.