September 11th, 2001

..can anyone remember the score? I'm sure it was two nil to Rovers and we had a perfectly good goal disallowed.

If someone could confirm these details I'd be most appreciative.

Woof.

It wasm in fact, Sept 12

Wed 12 Sep Blackburn Rovers A League Cup L 0-2 9,559

We went to top of the league the following Saturday 15th Sept, beating Peterborough ironically which we can do today.

We remained unbeaten till the end of September and were top.

We then did not win till the last week of November, and dropped to 13th, Lets hope that psrt of history is not repeated.

PS I am not prozac, so none of that is from memory!

Edited by singe

It wasm in fact, Sept 12

Wed 12 Sep Blackburn Rovers A League Cup L 0-2 9,559

We went to top of the league the following Saturday 15th Sept, beating Peterborough ironically which we can do today.

We remained unbeaten till the end of September and were top.

We then did not win till the last week of November, and dropped to 13th, Lets hope that psrt of history is not repeated.

PS I am not prozac, so none of that is from memory!

We lost our first game the following Tuesday away to Colchester, Latics 2-0 down grabbed a goal back from David Eyres, but Shaun Garnett sustained a serious knee injury whilst blocking the wall and never played for us again.

The week after we drew 2-2 at Brentford, and followed that up with wins at home v Bury and Notts County 4-0 and 4-1 respectively. Then despite taking a very early lead at Bournemouth (well at Dorchester) we lost 3-2, before defeats v Bristol City and Reading at home and a 3-0 battering in our first visit to the Withdean. We wouldn't win again (in the league) until a 2-0 win at Home to Wycombe on November 24th.

Very strange season 01/02 was, lots of highlights- especially the early season performances under Stitch. Winning at Blackpool on Boxing Day, the purple patch at Hull, late-winner at Northampton - the quality of goals we scored yet the abject lows of the hammering at Home to Cardiff and Allott destroying us at Saltergate after us being 2-0 up with 30 mins to go yet still lose 4-2! Eyresey's solo effort v Bournemouth was sublime but we still only drew 3-3 at BP, but my personal favourite was taking over Gigg Lane and Colusso's late, late goal

We lost our first game the following Tuesday away to Colchester, Latics 2-0 down grabbed a goal back from David Eyres, but Shaun Garnett sustained a serious knee injury whilst blocking the wall and never played for us again.

The week after we drew 2-2 at Brentford, and followed that up with wins at home v Bury and Notts County 4-0 and 4-1 respectively. Then despite taking a very early lead at Bournemouth (well at Dorchester) we lost 3-2, before defeats v Bristol City and Reading at home and a 3-0 battering in our first visit to the Withdean. We wouldn't win again (in the league) until a 2-0 win at Home to Wycombe on November 24th.

Very strange season 01/02 was, lots of highlights- especially the early season performances under Stitch. Winning at Blackpool on Boxing Day, the purple patch at Hull, late-winner at Northampton - the quality of goals we scored yet the abject lows of the hammering at Home to Cardiff and Allott destroying us at Saltergate after us being 2-0 up with 30 mins to go yet still lose 4-2! Eyresey's solo effort v Bournemouth was sublime but we still only drew 3-3 at BP, but my personal favourite was taking over Gigg Lane and Colusso's late, late goal

Happy memories, what a jump up and down that was. Just the start of the Colusso's illustrious career with us, knew he'd become a legend from that night onwards

I'm usually totally against games being called off for none footballing reasons, but there was no way that the game should have taken place. It was one of the strangest atmospheres I can ever remember. Everyone seemed to be in a complete daze.

Yeah, we said that on the way over there. Very strange night. Similar to the atmosphere at Home to Sunderland on the 15th April 1989, it had come over the tannoy the game at Hillsborough been abandoned due to a number of crush injuries. That's all we knew at the time. As the second-half began more details came through people's hand-held radios and by the time Mike Milligan scored our late equaliser in a 2-2 draw, the atmosphere had turned eerily.

show off ;)

I'm usually totally against games being called off for none footballing reasons, but there was no way that the game should have taken place. It was one of the strangest atmospheres I can ever remember. Everyone seemed to be in a complete daze.

Agree, football should not have even been considered.

If I remember rightly, didn't we give Brad Friedel a standing ovation? They brought Mark Hughes on to a crescendo of boo's. And we ended the game with 10 men, despite having two men sent off.

Drifting off topic but there is no way IMO that things like football games should have been cancelled. Far more people have died in natural disaters, genocides etc, I care as much for that as I do for people in New York. And frankly you don't fight terrorists by being sentimental over things.

It was September 11th as far as I remember, the games on the 11th bizarrely went ahead, (I don't think people had fully realised what had happened and by then it was bit late to call games off) but those scheduled for the 12th were called off.

Plus we definately DID NOT give Friedel a standing ovation, and its one of the things that I'm ashamed of us doing.

It was September 11th as far as I remember, the games on the 11th bizarrely went ahead, (I don't think people had fully realised what had happened and by then it was bit late to call games off) but those scheduled for the 12th were called off.

Plus we definately DID NOT give Friedel a standing ovation, and its one of the things that I'm ashamed of us doing.

Day after Wednesday September 12th. Champions League was called off but LC went ahead!

Day after Wednesday September 12th. Champions League was called off but LC went ahead!

LC had gone ahead on the 11/9/2001 too, given that it was LC tie and those have regularly been played on a Tuesday night for ages I might disagree but since it's you I won't. Incidentally Blackburn won it that year

LC had gone ahead on the 11/9/2001 too, given that it was LC tie and those have regularly been played on a Tuesday night for ages I might disagree but since it's you I won't. Incidentally Blackburn won it that year

Confirmation

I'm sure Allott got sent off as well???? We definitely had two sent off I recall...

Confirmation

I'm sure Allott got sent off as well???? We definitely had two sent off I recall...

Yeah I saw that but its not impossible for my memory to be right and soccerbase to be wrong. Your memory being wrong though..... no chance although a programme from that year... . Did Allot get sent off after he had been subbed as I remember somehting like that, the barney with Sheridan was right in front of the bench after all.

Yeah I saw that but its not impossible for my memory to be right and soccerbase to be wrong. Your memory being wrong though..... no chance although a programme from that year... . Did Allot get sent off after he had been subbed as I remember somehting like that, the barney with Sheridan was right in front of the bench after all.

Summat like that, I just remember Allott got sent of too - yeah I've got the programme with a right fit bird on the back. 12/9/2001, got my ticket too....