NHL 2010/11

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any on know if the draft is being televised in the UK? and if so where? I'd like to watch the first round on Friday or saturday can't remember which it is

I have no idea, but to be honest I would doubt it very much. I think the only draft (that I am aware of) that is televised in the UK is the NFL one.

100 bloody points. Bylsma must win coach of the year.

50 goals - MVP! MVP!!

A truly staggering achievement, Perry has always been good, but this season his improvement has been nothing short of incredible...

Boom.

Any on know if the draft is being televised in the UK? and if so where? I'd like to watch the first round on Friday or saturday can't remember which it is

Its repeated today at 2pm on ESPN. Gonna watch it, however have already seen most of it on NHL.com...

A rather uninspiring draft for the ducks, and who we get in the second round could be more interesting. Everyone says it is the deepest draft since 2003 (Fleury, Staal, Getzlaf, Kesler.. bergeron and Weber in second round), however for me that says its actually a load of bollocks.

Plus we drafted a swede. <_< . Saying that I like the look of Landeskog, would have taken him over the rather cocky nugent hopkins... however we will give it 3/4 years to see how good he is, whereas I suspect landeskog will be finishing bottom with the Avs next year.

The NHL awards are on today too. Gonna enjoy watching MVPerry... Ace.

I'm happy with our draft, we went big drafting no players under 6'0 and two d men at 6'7 and 6'6. I wanted Oleksiak most out of the players i thought might still be there at 14 so colour me pleased. Next years draft we will have to focus on forward talent though and i think we'l have a better pick than 14.

• 1 month later...

Love Reddit and r/hockey

I'd be all over that Jersey away shirt too! That :censored:'s awesome!

They are quality, however as was pointed out in a Ducks forum, as per the NHL's merchandising policy you would be more likely to get a Hartford Whalers/Quebeq Nordiques one than an Anaheim (or any of the other non-marquee teams) jersey.

Less than two months until Finland... cant wait...

I see Sid is still dizzy and the Dev's are still boring? Nothing much happening. God the post-season is long... ah well, training camps soon...

They are quality, however as was pointed out in a Ducks forum, as per the NHL's merchandising policy you would be more likely to get a Hartford Whalers/Quebeq Nordiques one than an Anaheim (or any of the other non-marquee teams) jersey.

Less than two months until Finland... cant wait...

I see Sid is still dizzy and the Dev's are still boring? Nothing much happening. God the post-season is long... ah well, training camps soon...

The Ducks away one is awful! The rest are quite cool though, Boston away in particular and the Leafs ones look quite smart.

If the Devs were a football team I think they'd have to take the 'park the bus' analogy to a whole new level.

There are a couple of truly awful ones in there. The Columbus ones. Oh my good god.

I do like the Leafs one. Tis wicked.

Any of you guys listen tp PucksATP podcasts (just google or find on youtube), or follow them on twitter...? if you don't, have a look. Bunch of english blokes (and a couple of canadians) banging on about hockey. Ended up chatting to them a few times over the last couple of weeks (about the Ducks) and they are good guys... anyway, passes the Hockey dirge at the moment...

There are a couple of truly awful ones in there. The Columbus ones. Oh my good god.

Any of you guys listen tp PucksATP podcasts (just google or find on youtube), or follow them on twitter...? if you don't, have a look. Bunch of english blokes (and a couple of canadians) banging on about hockey. Ended up chatting to them a few times over the last couple of weeks (about the Ducks) and they are good guys... anyway, passes the Hockey dirge at the moment...

I play in a NHL xbox online league with Brad (one of the lads who does it), pretty sound lad.

Edited by dave_ragg1984

Link for the lazy...

Only not good if they aren't picked up by anyone. I'd love it if Sky picked up the rights. (not gonna happen though)

If sky picked up the rights they would show one highlights package a week, and probably one or two live games (Penguins, Wings and Rangers on rotation).

It would be balls.

However, I cant see anyone paying more than ESPNAmerica to show it less. If they lost NHL they wouldnt have any professional sports league to show through the winter which would be a massive hole in thier schedule.

If sky picked up the rights they would show one highlights package a week, and probably one or two live games (Penguins, Wings and Rangers on rotation).

It would be balls.

However, I cant see anyone paying more than ESPNAmerica to show it less. If they lost NHL they wouldnt have any professional sports league to show through the winter which would be a massive hole in thier schedule.

It's 2 live games a week more than I currently get on my TV package!

I'l download that and give it a listen, i get the weekly Puck Podcast which is really good, run by a ducks fan and a kings fan. I also get a Dallas Stars podcast whenever they do it, tends to be once a month. The off season is ridiculously long in hockey, it drives me mad, especially after i had centre ice last season and could watch a game whenever i wanted to.

It's 2 live games a week more than I currently get on my TV package!

I didnt think official TV packages were a particular worry of yours young David!??

I'l download that and give it a listen, i get the weekly Puck Podcast which is really good, run by a ducks fan and a kings fan. I also get a Dallas Stars podcast whenever they do it, tends to be once a month. The off season is ridiculously long in hockey, it drives me mad, especially after i had centre ice last season and could watch a game whenever i wanted to.

Yup. To be honest though if I was a Stars fan I wouldnt really be wanting the season to begin again :wink: ... only joking, thoughts on the new season? Arnott and Langenbrunnereeeeennrrrrrunner going to fill the gap of Richards?

Yup. To be honest though if I was a Stars fan I wouldnt really be wanting the season to begin again :wink: ... only joking, thoughts on the new season? Arnott and Langenbrunnereeeeennrrrrrunner going to fill the gap of Richards?

I can't wait for the season to start, even if we do finish bottom of the division. Langenbrunner has gone thank god, he proved to be a waste of space last season and i was more than glad to see the back of him. As for Richards he will no doubt be sorely missed but we have signed 5 depth players of ranging abilities and addressed some of our problems on the PK and the face off dot so even though we might not have he scoring power anymore we should hopefully let in a few less soft goals which we were prone to last season. At this moment in time i'd say the coyotes are worse off than us having lost around 4 of their best players and i think it'l be a toss up between them and us for who finishes bottom in the Pacific in what may well be our last season in it if the rumored re alignment comes to pass. As for the ducks, no doubt they'l fight with the kings over who comes second to the sharks.