Rochdale Road End

I've always said so what if it doesn't sound that loud to others in other stands, if your involved inside a better/good atmospehere then thats a bonus, yes the players might not hear it as much, but i'm sure they get enough of it when attacking/defending the Chaddy, if you sing for 90 minutes and enjoy the atmosphere inside the Chaddy, who cares if some Hudds fan couldn't hear you, you've had more value for money.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chaddy holds 3,754

Reckon only Sheff Wed will bring more to us this season than Hudders

No it doesn't.

When the CRE was made all seater in 1991, the capacity was 3,600. It has since been reduced in capacity (just over 10 years or so ago) to just over 3,500 with the removal of 2 rows of seats at the front on the lookers side.

(Especially) After today, I would agree that it is important that we get all the fans back together behind 1 goal or the other. It doesn't matter which end. (The last fesw home matches have been dire atmosphere wise, but today was more like the old days.) And that is from a traditionalist.

No it doesn't.

When the CRE was made all seater in 1991, the capacity was 3,600. It has since been reduced in capacity (just over 10 years or so ago) to just over 3,500 with the removal of 2 rows of seats at the front on the lookers side.

(Especially) After today, I would agree that it is important that we get all the fans back together behind 1 goal or the other. It doesn't matter which end. (The last fesw home matches have been dire atmosphere wise, but today was more like the old days.) And that is from a traditionalist.

BP

'A capacity of 3,754 (all-seated) makes the Chaddy End the second-largest stand in the stadium.'

If website not been updated, then stand corrected, but based the figures i used were from the latics website.

I've said for the last 18 months or so we should put away fans in the chaddy. Yes i know it goes against tradition but us latics fans need to stop living in the past with evreything!

The rre is much be4tter in terms of facilities, accoustics and view and if you look at numbers today hudds brought what is probably going to be the biggest following of the season which was 3600ish. How much does the chaddy hold? 3600? sounds perfect to me and it would save messing st holders about by keep moving them around!

Totally agree, i stood in the chaddy for years and loved it but the facilities in there now are naff compared to the RRE (which aren't brilliant either ) but at least you can get a drink and an unobstructed view.

I was in the main stand today and it's true to say sadly that you could barely hear the chaddy end even if the effort was there.

I can't see this being resolved as there seems to be an even split amongst latics fans regarding which end is best, but it's the RRE for me, and this is nothing to do with goading away fans.....just better facilities and legroom.

Maybe if we eventually move to failsworth we can all get our act together.

BP

'A capacity of 3,754 (all-seated) makes the Chaddy End the second-largest stand in the stadium.'

If website not been updated, then stand corrected, but based the figures i used were from the latics website.

Trust me you stand corrected. The figures you have may include the 2 boxes, but the current capacity of the CRE is definately 3514 (approx :wink: )

i would agree with you there. but didnt this come up a while back with people saying the away fans should be there, but the police wouldnt allow it?

Was that when we had 4 stands though the chaddy is much closer to the two side stands than the RRE is?

As someone who was sat level with the halfway line, the Chaddy seemed quiet today for large portions, especially before we scored. However, I think that is an acousitcs issue as because of the money saving roof the sound doesn't project too well, wind direction doesn't help either.

BTW you can't fit 200 people in the exec boxes (well you couldn't before the fire), its more like 100, and even then that might be generous.

Was that when we had 4 stands though the chaddy is much closer to the two side stands than the RRE is?

As someone who was sat level with the halfway line, the Chaddy seemed quiet today for large portions, especially before we scored. However, I think that is an acousitcs issue as because of the money saving roof the sound doesn't project too well, wind direction doesn't help either.

BTW you can't fit 200 people in the exec boxes (well you couldn't before the fire), its more like 100, and even then that might be generous.

I wouldn't say it's necessarily a 'money saving roof', just poorly designed for purpose. Cantilevers aren't intrinsically expensive.

I wouldn't say it's necessarily a 'money saving roof', just poorly designed for purpose. Cantilevers aren't intrinsically expensive.

No but since they didn't do much apart from putting seats in when we had to.

Cantilevers aren't necessarily expensive but the club took a very cheap option doing what they did to the Chaddy to make it compliant with the all seating regs back in the day.

I dont like the Chaddy for various reasons. Noise doesnt carry in there despite how loud you think it is. Crap View.

I dont like the Main stand for various reasons. Upper especially the legroom is shocking.

The RRE is the only stand at BP I like and dont mind paying £20 to sit in, since they knocked down the Lookers.

Take away that opportunity and i'd probably do what I did yesterday and stay in the rifle.

There is quite a few with this opinion.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

I've said for the last 18 months or so we should put away fans in the chaddy. Yes i know it goes against tradition but us latics fans need to stop living in the past with evreything!

The rre is much be4tter in terms of facilities, accoustics and view and if you look at numbers today hudds brought what is probably going to be the biggest following of the season which was 3600ish. How much does the chaddy hold? 3600? sounds perfect to me and it would save messing st holders about by keep moving them around!

totally agree with you thats what has stopped a lot of latics fans going to matches because of the messing about with season ticket holders having to relocate.having the chaddy just for away fans makes absolute sense

I dont like the Chaddy for various reasons. Noise doesnt carry in there despite how loud you think it is. Crap View.

I dont like the Main stand for various reasons. Upper especially the legroom is shocking.

The RRE is the only stand at BP I like and dont mind paying £20 to sit in, since they knocked down the Lookers.

Take away that opportunity and i'd probably do what I did yesterday and stay in the rifle.There is quite a few with this opinion.

:shock: so you missed that performance yesterday to stay in a pub (granted a good one :wink: )

Oh well, it's not like you missed a super team display; where we basically took apart the previously 2nd best team in the league; one with £1 million pounds worth of talent on the bench alone...........each to their own though eh?

As for the Chaddy / RRE debate - It was mooted a few years ago; to get all home fans in 1 place; end on, in RRE stand which has the better facilities, accoustics & view - but stubbern Latics fans wouldnt leave their beloved Chaddy stand.....despite the fact that for all the 'atmosphere' generated in there; you can't even hear it at the half way line; let alone the RRE.

I sat at the back of the chaddy today and the view is terrible, posts then struts at the top blocked out nearly half the pitch! Awful stand.

The posts get in the way and it is a poor stand, but the struts ? Even on the back row ? How long is your neck ?

I often sit 2 or 3 rows from the back, and have no problems other than the obvious posts.

:shock: so you missed that performance yesterday to stay in a pub (granted a good one :wink: )

Oh well, it's not like you missed a super team display; where we basically took apart the previously 2nd best team in the league; one with £1 million pounds worth of talent on the bench alone...........each to their own though eh?

As for the Chaddy / RRE debate - It was mooted a few years ago; to get all home fans in 1 place; end on, in RRE stand which has the better facilities, accoustics & view - but stubbern Latics fans wouldnt leave their beloved Chaddy stand.....despite the fact that for all the 'atmosphere' generated in there; you can't even hear it at the half way line; let alone the RRE.

There was a vote, wasn't there ?

No but since they didn't do much apart from putting seats in when we had to.

Cantilevers aren't necessarily expensive but the club took a very cheap option doing what they did to the Chaddy to make it compliant with the all seating regs back in the day.

Like I say, it's poor design for purpose rather than cheap. What year was the Chaddy roof put on by the way?

Well both are basically home end now :wink:

and going into this debate, didnt home fans use to sit/stand in the RRE years ago? :wink:

Yeah, but away fans have always been there. And anyway, its a ridiculous suggestion as we would have to change the name of the mascot. And we can't have a mascot named after another football club.