how did we lose?

Why did the players come out after half time and assume the game was won? That was the start of there downfall. I hope Paul Dickov reminds them thats theres 2 halves!!

Personally I would have them in training at 7am in the freezing cold running round doing laps as punishment.

Also, Winchester was nackered he should of been subbed, no excuse . It should of been noticed!!

Whats everyone elses views of the 2nd half?

Why did the players come out after half time and assume the game was won? That was the start of there downfall. I hope Paul Dickov reminds them thats theres 2 halves!!

Personally I would have them in training at 7am in the freezing cold running round doing laps as punishment.

Also, Winchester was nackered he should of been subbed, no excuse . It should of been noticed!!

They missed the penalty mate, we drew 3-3 :shock:

Believe it or not, my greatest dismay of the evening has to reserved not for the Exeter come back, but for the size of Feeney's shorts.

they were a bit huge. Maybe he was trying to model himself on Tom Finney or Stanley Matthews. Didn't work!

We have played better, but also worse......... several times I can think of last season. We should have got 3 points but we have 1, it aint the end of the world!

Yeh I know it was missed, but how could we even let it become 3-2 at that stage? They were the worst side we have played and are likely to play all season!!!

Theres no excuses there, to me the reason was that they thought they had won at half time and they let there guard down. Brill has done OK of late and I wouldnt say it was all his fault, id say all 4 defenders are mainly to blame

Yeh I know it was missed, but how could we even let it become 3-2 at that stage? They were the worst side we have played and are likely to play all season!!!

Theres no excuses there, to me the reason was that they thought they had won at half time and they let there guard down. Brill has done OK of late and I wouldnt say it was all his fault, id say all 4 defenders are mainly to blame

Who told you they were the worst side we've played this season, your guide dog?

Yeh I know it was missed, but how could we even let it become 3-2 at that stage? They were the worst side we have played and are likely to play all season!!!Theres no excuses there, to me the reason was that they thought they had won at half time and they let there guard down. Brill has done OK of late and I wouldnt say it was all his fault, id say all 4 defenders are mainly to blame

Err, no they weren't. Far from it...

I've only seen us play 4 sides and they weren't even the worst I've seen. First half we blew them away - playing like that we would anybody who has ever played in this division I suspect. Second half started even and scrappy, they had a spell of pressure, scored and got their tail up as our kids crumbled. They had nowt to lose and we were fearing the worst. Had there been another 5 minutes we'd have lost, hands down. It's a mental thing innit.

Proper sickener though - so much for going third this weekend!

I've only seen us play 4 sides and they weren't even the worst I've seen. First half we blew them away - playing like that we would anybody who has ever played in this division I suspect. Second half started even and scrappy, they had a spell of pressure, scored and got their tail up as our kids crumbled. They had nowt to lose and we were fearing the worst. Had there been another 5 minutes we'd have lost, hands down. It's a mental thing innit.

Proper sickener though - so much for going third this weekend!

Go on Tom, i'll go there............

would the capitulation have happened had there been a real leader out there; right at the heart of the defence????????

Go on Tom, i'll go there............

would the capitulation have happened had there been a real leader out there; right at the heart of the defence????????

I think we all know that wouldn't have happened on Gregan's watch. The Gregans and Beckenbauers of the world see the job done.

Edited by Stitch_KTF

I think we all know that wouldn't have happened on Gregan's watch. The Gregans and Beckenbauers of the world see the job done.

he's not here, and his legs wouldn't be up to it anyway BUT...... we're so quiet and we lack any leaders......team of kids. GT was shouting to Evina to gee the lads up. Evina; a 19 year old French lad on loan to us.........as talented as the likes of Furman et al are; they're as quiet a bunch of players as I've seen.

1 or 2 strong characters were needed to stand up in those last 20 mins.....not 1 player did, not even the one with the Captains armband on.

iv never seen a team play as bad as them first half, until we came out 2nd half!!

they really were poor! had to be to be 3-0 down at half time,and should of been more! that shoud of been a game at half time were we should of been out to increase our goal difference, not throw it away

is that why fleetwood town have conceded more goals since greegs arrival then???? hahahah

at the end of the day,they had a lazy lethargic attitude after the break thinking the job was done and dusted...when it clearly wasnt....you have to give credit to exeter for staging a comeback and sensing they could get something from nothing....

i hope it is a massive lesson learnt,could have been a very easy 3 points clean sheet 4th consecutive win for more than 4 years and sky high confidence from being 5th in the league going into the derby against dale....

Even before they scored somebody remarked that Exeter were shading the second half, and I had to agree. When Dux came down with his tactical notes we said that our only weak point was at Right Back, and as long as we played with width we could continue catching them on the break and finally they'd roll over.

Unfortunately the substitutions didn't appear to suggest that the bench saw things the same way.

As for the knob in the Upper Mainstand telling Brill he should drown himself in the team bath at the end;

1. You're wrong. Ok he spilled a tough one, but he's been as good a keeper this season as any I can remember in the last 40 years.

2. Think yourself lucky you were upstairs and not within arms length.

Agree. Winchester looked worn out second half and Exeter noticed it! He got ripped most of second period and foul for the penalty was coming. Thought he did well first half though.

Also, Winchester was nackered he should of been subbed, no excuse . It should of been noticed!!Whats everyone elses views of the 2nd half?

The rot set in when Furman ran out of steam and with no like for like replacement it gave Exeter a foot hold on the game,

Also there was no like for like replacement for Winchester (Lomax would have been a good option had he not been sent out on loan).

Jacobson would have provided some stability, with Black switching to right back, but Jacobson no matter how well he plays for the reserves never gets a chance, why are the management so stubborn about him ?

Edited by BP1960

The rot set in when Furman ran out of steam and with no like for like replacement it gave Exeter a foot hold on the game,

Also there was no like for like replacement for Winchester (Lomax would have been a good option had he not been sent out on loan).

Jacobson would have provided some stability, with Black switching to right back, but Jacobson no matter how well he plays for the reserves never gets a chance, why are the management so stubborn about him ?

I've thought this myself, judging off the reports he's had some good games. Maybe there's something happened we don't know about.

£'s?

My guess

We pay a wedge after 15 games?

Edited by singe

By the way it's probably my fault

On chat I did a coupe of posts

[at 3-0] "I am never happy till it's 4-0" :shock:

"Do you think we will shut up shop in the 2nd half and let Exeter have more fo the ball and possesion"

Sorry

Yes it blooming well is..not the 11 on the pitch but you. Now go stand int he naughty corner until Saturdays game. :grin:

oh yes and my second half view......we play until the fat lady is screaming and we use the knowledge of our former players to full effect. We all saw Nadiello last year and what he was capable of and we let a knackered 17yr old to look after him. Not the kids fault at all bless

A Dickov rollicking should see them alright again for Saturday's game