risdale again

back on topic as many threads seem to go off on a tangent these days.........

according to oafc.co.uk board, Risdale is meeting SC 100% on thursday for a meeting regarding investment, seems the decision on friday with the CC will have a bearing as to how much or little investment/involvement he may consequently choose to have and provide.

watch out the space :mmm:

Edited by shefflatic

according to oafc.co.uk board, Risdale is meeting SC 100% on thursday for a meeting regarding investment, seems the decision on friday with the CC will have a bearing as to how much or little investment/involvement he may consequently choose to have and provide.

who is that off mendi?

if it is it is probably true :wink:

according to oafc.co.uk board, Ridsdale is meeting SC 100% on thursday for a meeting regarding investment, seems the decision on friday with the CC will have a bearing as to how much or little investment/involvement he may consequently choose to have and provide.

On topic: Why would Risdale invest in a club that sees a 12,000 to 15,000 seater stadium as the pinnacle of its ambition.

Off topic: As well as all the other common errors mentioned, my gears grind when I see 'alot' written instead of 'a lot'' (not to be confused with Allott or was it Allot) and 'of' used instead of 'have'.

Edited by laticsrblue

What about apostrophes?

or should that be apostrophe's (sic)

The number of times you see them wrong in shop windows, even on van signs is amazing.

The apostrophe is used:

1.To indicate the possessive.

2.To indicate missing letters.

3.Sometimes to indicate the structure of unusual words.

Strange but true, not for plurals,

Boring I know, but hey ho!

On topic: Why would Risdale invest in a club that sees a 12,000 to 15,000 seater stadium as the pinnacle of its ambition.

Off topic: As well as all the other common errors mentioned, my gears grind when I see 'alot' written instead of 'a lot'' (not to be confused with Allott or was it Allot) and 'of' used instead of 'have'.

Grinds on me when people cant spell Ridsdale :grin:

What about apostrophes?

or should that be apostrophe's (sic)

The number of times you see them wrong in shop windows, even on van signs is amazing.

The apostrophe is used:

1.To indicate the possessive.

2.To indicate missing letters.

3.Sometimes to indicate the structure of unusual words.

Strange but true, not for plurals,

Boring I know, but hey ho!

Would you trust this place to do your tattoo?

5266037523_ca39846d4c_z.jpg

Here's one way of remembering some of the simpler points of punctuation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF4qii8S3gw

Presumably because he will have examined the Failsworth proposals in close scrutiny and concurred with the belief of TTA that the Club will be able to survive on the income from the proposed non-football parts of the project, regardless of the number of supporters going through the electronic turnstiles.

Ridsdale said in 2003 that OAFC was beyond saving. Therefore he must be amazed that TTA have done the impossible, by being prepared to lose so much money for so long (£1.542million for the year ending December, 2009), without any concrete hope of a return on their investment, despite such a lengthy close involvement with the Council.

In September last year the rarely-wrong Chron reported:

Athletic's plans to move to a new stadium have been backed by a leading figure in football.

Peter Ridsdale, chairman of Cardiff City, believes his club’s move to a new £50million ground has provided a lifeline and says Athletic will also benefit should they follow suit.

Of the 27,000-capacity Cardiff City Stadium, Mr Ridsdale said:

“Apart from being a lifeline for our club, the new stadium has revitalised the whole community and I can see the same thing happening to Oldham.

“I know Boundary Park well from my time at Leeds United and it is not dissimilar to Ninian Park in being an antiquated ground.

“We could not have generated the income streams we needed by staying at Ninian Park where there were no corporate hospitality facilities.

If Ridsdale does get involved by securing the necessary investor(s), that TTA consider to be "the right person(s)", the Club’s hopes of survival will still depend on the proposed move to Failsworth. In my opinion this is still far from certain because of the perceived failure of the Council to be seen to "have made a fully informed decision, having taken into account all relevant facts and to have taken sufficient steps to manage the various conflicts of interest" affecting the proposed land swap, as required by the Charity Commission.

I still can't see any light at the end of the tunnel and I look to the Council to provide it without relying on the Metrolink. :towork: