Land Status Ruling - The Verdict

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

the decision is already made the land will be swapped in january as the parties involved have agreed to the change of land...

the only thing holding things up is the charity commision and oldham councils lack of pushing....plus its the festive season so nowt happens...

Well that's reassuring news to nurses, teachers, care woirkers, all the armed forces, those out gritting the roads, those looking after consumer rights, etc etc .

:getmecoat:

The Charities commission is a quango, it was created by Labour, run by a fully-fledged Labourite who they knighted. It hopefully will face huge cuts (I think it has its uses- see our case).

:getmecoat:

The Charities commission is a quango, it was created by Labour, run by a fully-fledged Labourite who they knighted. It hopefully will face huge cuts (I think it has its uses- see our case).

Its not a quango or a non-departmental public body but a non-ministerial government body, so I don’t think it is being cut as an entity, though will face budget cuts like the rest of the public sector. These cuts alone will not do anything but increase the amount of time decisions take to be made. They need to do something about the process to do that.

Yeah cuts to nursing and teaching would go down well.

i thought exactly that when my dying grandad was lying on a gurney in a corridor while a gaggle of nurses were stood nearby gossiping away

as for teachers, many i've come across seem to be institutionalised bullies who spurn their huge opportunity to have a positive impact on their pupils and society in general

i'm sure the good teachers and nurses find these things much more frustrating than a tosser like me though

i thought exactly that when my dying grandad was lying on a gurney in a corridor while a gaggle of nurses were stood nearby gossiping away

as for teachers, many i've come across seem to be institutionalised bullies who spurn their huge opportunity to have a positive impact on their pupils and society in general

i'm sure the good teachers and nurses find these things much more frustrating than a tosser like me though

Out of order what happened with your Grandad but......

Bit unfair to tar them all with the same brush, im sure there are plenty more Nurses and Teachers that are good at their job and take it seriously enough

How about something from the club along the line of "if this had been a go-ahead then digging would have started on Tuesday) or not"?

Or maybe "if this had been a go-ahead then Mr XYZ who has expressed an interest in investing in the club would have gone ahead and done so"

Speaking as a school governor head teachers don't have a hope in hell of delivering good education while coping with the mountain of pointless bureaucracy which government demands. To be fair this lot have made a start with the scrapping of "FMSIS" - quite possibly the most ludicrous of the lot.

Out of order what happened with your Grandad but......

oh there's been lots of other stuff too

Bit unfair to tar them all with the same brush, im sure there are plenty more Nurses and Teachers that are good at their job and take it seriously enough

as I said, i'm sure those people get more frustrated by it than any of us

Speaking as a school governor head teachers don't have a hope in hell of delivering good education while coping with the mountain of pointless bureaucracy which government demands. To be fair this lot have made a start with the scrapping of "FMSIS" - quite possibly the most ludicrous of the lot.

is one of us supposed to humour you by asking what FMSIS stands for?

my fiancee has nearly finished her nursing degree, looking at jobs in the local area, there are around 4 nursing vacancies and about 40 management vacancies, think she put it best when she said they wont be happy until theres 2 'managers' for every nurse and doctor.

its not the nurses who are the problem, its needless red tape!

is one of us supposed to humour you by asking what FMSIS stands for?

Not really - I wasn;t really thinking anyone would wish to do an in-depth investigation of the subject. I do hope that everyone on this thread complaining about red tape voted to get rid of that shambolic gang who passed for a government until May bearing in mind the amount of it they created.

my fiancee has nearly finished her nursing degree, looking at jobs in the local area, there are around 4 nursing vacancies and about 40 management vacancies, think she put it best when she said they wont be happy until theres 2 'managers' for every nurse and doctor.

its not the nurses who are the problem, its needless red tape!

That might be because of the weird academic years nurses do. Some go Jan-Dec, others go Sept-Jun. Perhaps your fiancee looked into working for a bank (i.e. an agency), I think the pay is better, there's usually a load of vacancies (banks need people to cover sickness, including maternity- hospitals use a bank to do that) and she can work out which hospitals she likes. As not every hospital is the same and lots of them have policies as to what nurses do and what junior doctors do which differ from hospital to hospital.

Where did you get that information from? :shock:

from a relative who lives near to where the new allotments will be...the group originally wasnt happy because they wasnt getting like for like...nbow there getting more so there happy with that....but like i say council arent pushing because of time of year...will all start again by end of jan..then both club and council need to get there finger out with planning permission....getting the go ahead to swap the land and thus commence building will be of benefit as investors will be wanting a piece of it....

Is the hold up to do with the allotments? As I heard in one of my various lectures this term, given by a soil contamination expert, that allotments need to have better soil with less contamination than almost everything, inlcuding children's play parks. Swaping the allotments may be difficult, however, proving that the land they currently are on is hazardous might be easier.