Micah Richards

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if this was to happen would it make us less attractive to potential investors??

is it better to have the cash in the bank or the "puntability" that might attract an investor??

The nearer Richards gets to the end of his contract with City, the less likely the sell on clause will realise a decent value.

Cash in the bank (or less owed to Blitz) would make Latics more attractive than a piece of paper that may never materialise in to anything.

Edited by opinions4u

Cash in the bank (or less owed to Blitz) would make Latics more attractive than a piece of paper that may never materialise in to anything.

Exactly.

The sooner Micah goes the better. We have other irons in the fire, Eardley/Eaves which may benefit us in the long run. But as long as Micah is at City our chance of a cash windfall in dwindling, because either he doesn't play and loses value to where we get nowhere near the money that's been touted or he does start playing and becomes an integral part of City's team which reduces the likelihood they would want to sell him, and they don't need too any more.

if he goes, i'd prefer most of the money we got to go to paying the bills and keeping the club running instead of spending it on players. dickov has showed what he can do on a tight budget so getting us financially better off will be better IMO.

Loosening up the wage bill and spending a few hundred K on a striker wouldn't do us any harm though.

I'm thinking:

Andy Robinson - 6 month contract

Neal Trotman - 3 year contract starting from July

New 2 year contract to Lee and a 2 year extension for Furman

And a goalscoring striker from League Two or something.....

Loosening up the wage bill and spending a few hundred K on a striker wouldn't do us any harm though.

I'm thinking:

Andy Robinson - 6 month contract

Neal Trotman - 3 year contract starting from July

New 2 year contract to Lee and a 2 year extension for Furman

And a goalscoring striker from League Two or something.....

Adam Le Fondre?

Also i'd include getting Tonk at end of season in your list as well.. and mvoto if his contract has run out by then

Adam Le Fondre?

Also i'd include getting Tonk at end of season in your list as well.. and mvoto if his contract has run out by then

I think Rotherham have turned down bids of over 400k. And honestly, I'm not sure he's worth it. I don't think he'd be as prolific in League One or The Championship. I could be wrong, but wouldn't be willing to spend the necessary amount of cash to find out.

I thought about Toukara and M'Voto. I see come end of the season. I've not been overly impressed with Tounkara like some have, although to say it is his first ever season in professional football he's done well. There's potential there but he's rough around the edges. I'd only be willing to spend a nominal fee for him and put him on wages similar to someone like Ryan Brooke. M'Voto, depending on whether we get Trotman or not and how much Sunderland would want and what wages he's on.

My post what inferring what I would try and do immediately if Richards went before the window shuts.

I've not been overly impressed with Tounkara like some have, although to say it is his first ever season in professional football he's done well. There's potential there but he's rough around the edges. I'd only be willing to spend a nominal fee for him and put him on wages similar to someone like Ryan Brooke.

So, you would have been just as happy if Brooke (assuming fit) had been starting instead of Tonk this season? :crackpot::crackpot:

So, you would have been just as happy if Brooke (assuming fit) had been starting instead of Tonk this season? :crackpot::crackpot:

Yup, reckon he showed some promise in pre-season and the appearances he made last year after I wrote him off as another reserve reject like Wolfenden and Barlow. I would have definitely liked to have seen Brooke thrown in at the deep end and shown what he can do. As I said he looked decent in pre-season and was unfortunate to get injured.

If Tounkara could finish....or head he'd be a different proposition for sure. But his finishing is piss weak.

Edited by PlayItLivo

Yup, reckon he showed some promise in pre-season and the appearances he made last year after I wrote him off as another reserve reject like Wolfenden and Barlow. I would have definitely liked to have seen Brooke thrown in at the deep end and shown what he can do. As I said he looked decent in pre-season and was unfortunate to get injured.

The lad has potential but is massively over-hyped IMO on the basis of his goal on debut. Tonk has lead the line in what we expected to be a very rough season and given every team we have met something to think about. Brooke might very well have been swallowed up if asked to do the same.

Edited by leeslover

The lad has potential but is massively over-hyped IMO on the basis of his goal on debut. Tonk has lead the line in what we expected to be a very rough season and given every team we have met something to think about. Brooke might very well have been swallowed up if asked to do the same.

agree, tounkare's physical presence is enough for defenders to think about !

If Tounkara could finish....or head he'd be a different proposition for sure. But his finishing is piss weak.

how can you judge Brookes a good finisher? just because he scored on his debut?

how can you judge Brookes a good finisher? just because he scored on his debut?

Well, it's not just his debut goal, the diving header v Colchester last season too; showed predatory instinct. But still it's Joe Royle's word I'm going off:

Brooke's impact stunned Royle and he believes, with proper development, Oldham could have a star on their hands.

"I very quickly realised Ryan is the most natural finisher on the books," said Big Joe.

"He's like Bambi - weak and gangly - but put the ball in front of him and he knows what he's doing. Hopefully, that's going to make him a big player for Oldham.

Royle could have it wrong, I dunno. But since reading of Royle's praise for him I've wanted to see him given a run in the team, to see if he is the finisher Royle thinks. He looked a bit lightweight though last season, but appears to have bulked up a little bit.

Edited by PlayItLivo

Well, it's not just his debut goal, the diving header v Colchester last season showed predatory instinct. But still it's Joe Royle's word I'm going off:

Royle could have it wrong, I dunno. But since reading of Royle's praise for him I've wanted to see him given a run in the team, to see if he is the finisher Royle thinks. He looked a bit lightweight though last season, but appears to have bulked up a little bit.

Edited by longtimeblue

Well, it's not just his debut goal, the diving header v Colchester last season too; showed predatory instinct. But still it's Joe Royle's word I'm going off:

Suppose , I would like to see Brookey in the team , but not sure who in front of ,

Suppose , I would like to see Brookey in the team , but not sure who in front of ,

He'll have to wit for his chance, I rate Brookey and he does need a run but I think given the wages we are paying Feeney that, that alone is reason enough to give him a decent run alongside Tonk and to be fair to Warren he changed the game at Accrington, he has been used sparingly since and obviously had a positive effect on Saturday. It's Feeney's shirt at the moment imo and Tonk's goal on Saturday came just at the right time for him too as a few were beginning to doubt his influence. So Brookey will need to bide his time but there's half a season to go and i'm sure he'll get his chance

Edited by oafcprozac

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...st-get-pay.html

At least theres actual quotes from the lad. I wouldnt be suprised to see him move either now, or if not in the summer, I cant see more than £7-8mill being spent on him though!

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/old...an-city-1393001?

Hope the linky works.

How can it be holding things up? Just pay as agreed Citeh :angry::ranting: :ranting:

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/old...an-city-1393001?

Hope the linky works.

How can it be holding things up? Just pay as agreed Citeh :angry::ranting: :ranting:

What a stupid, lazy headline.

Surely it should be: "Richards moved delayed while City search for a loophole, which means they won't have to pay Oldham what they're rightfully owed!"!!

Or maybe; "Sod off little clubs - stop getting in the way of making the rich and greedy even more rich and greedy!! You'll all be bust soon anyway....".