Reuben Reid Signs

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We dont half pick them...

Reuben Reid has returned to Plymouth Argyle after being sent back by Rochdale. Dale manager Keith Hill admitted the striker has returned to his club and as far as he's concerned the matter is an internal one from this end.

Hill said, "Reuben has gone back because he simply didn't fit into our squad and what we are trying to achieve. His return to Plymouth is an internal issue and will be treated as such by us. I would like however to put on record my thanks to Ian Holloway for his assistance in this matter."

Id be the same if someone sent to that :censored:hole known as Rochdale

You're the expert! :)

In all honesty, I just fear that we're (noble as it may be) putting too much into this push.

No one would have predicted we'd be in a play off position (winning the game in hand assumed) at this stage of the season and whilst it's a credit to SB/SC that we're going to throw the dice one more time I fear that if we come up short then a Moore like exodus may occur.

It's an opinion, a fear. It's not a suggestion or an implication made on present facts, just knowledge of the past.

In the words of Zorrro, au contraire. The season is panning out exactly as I predicted. ^_^

I don't get various posters complaints about us living beyond our means - I think it's sensationalist. Only in this age of internet forums will fans complain about their club making decent signings.

From the outside looking in I see no doomsday scenario born out of signing a few players for 5/6 months. It's probably a £100k commitment tops. If this were to endanger the club then we're all wasting our time anyway.

Surprising if we've paid a fee for him we've only offered him a 6 month deal. This option to extend, whose option is it? Ours or his? Or mutual? Could he score 11 goals and walk into a Championship side for nowt in the summer.

I thought that - it must be nominal. Makes you wonder why the Baggies bother. Principle perhaps.

Should he succeed here and move to the Championship come summer wouldn't we be in line for a little compo? Could be a shrewd piece of business if so.

Wasnt it always the case that unless we got promoted/play off final, had a cup run, or got fresh investment then we would be screwed at the end of the season anyway?

No. That's sensationalistic OWTB talk. Cloth may have to be cut and a downward spiral embarked on, but the buckets will only be out should the saga of BP and Failsworth reach a sorry ending.

all this talk of throwing financial caution to the wind makes me want to spend money I haven't got to go to Carlisle tomorrow :unsure:

Aye! I've got a stag do and 2 weddings in the next month and have been putting money aside to cover them, so tempted to blow some on a trip to Cumbria now.

all this talk of throwing financial caution to the wind makes me want to spend money I haven't got to go to Carlisle tomorrow :unsure:

Not really one of my favourite grounds but I am tempted...

but I have already planned a cheaper 'Plan B', Yoofs in the morrow, Gym after and Stalyvegas v Boston in the afternoon - tbh i'm bored with the :censored:ty away trips in this league. I'll make an effort for the Hudds gams and maybe the Orient game on the choo choo and I still have to tick the Mongs new ground off but can't really be arsed with any of the others. I think I've been to most grounds in this league 4 or 5 times now at least and it becomes tedious after 14 years!

Edited by oafcprozac

Not really one of my favourite grounds but I am tempted...

but I have already planned a cheaper 'Plan B', Yoofs in the morrow, Gym after and Stalyvegas v Boston in the afternoon - tbh i'm bored with the :censored:ty away trips in this league. I'll make an effort for the Hudds gams and maybe the Orient game on the choo choo and I still have to tick the Mongs new ground off but can't really be arsed with any of the others. I think I've been to most grounds in this league 4 or 5 times now at least and it becomes tedious after 14 years!

:shock::blink::huh:

oooo this is spooky, my stepson (manure fan) bought me last week a new Latics mug and it has the no.9 on it and lo and behold we get a new no.9 too.

Could be an omen but his dad also got a new latics mug too with the no.20 on it....hmmmmmmmmmm wonder what that means. :wink:

on his piccie on the OS he looks a player not to be messed with as he did not even smile for the photographer.

If he plays tomoz then I am going to say he will score.

ooo

:censored: or Bust.

i was going to say the same thing. this signing in itself not a problem but we have signed two young players today and payed a fee for one yet we can only offer them contracts until the end of the season? we have morais who wants to stay and has had a contract offer on the table for weeks but wont sign (speculation its short term and he wants long term) it all seems to add up to if we dont go up we wont be going anywere apart from out of business. surely its in the clubs best interest to get young exciting players tied down to a longer term deal. i am far from a doom an gloomer but the whole thing worries me