Which of these Greater Manchester grounds could Latics share ?

Groundshare  

211 members have voted

1. 1. If we were to share a ground, who would you like to share with

• Rochdale/Spotland
    • Bury/Gigg Lane
    • Curzon Ashton (if redeveloped)
    • Stalybridge Celtic
    • Manchester Regional Athletics Arena
    • No Preference, any of the above
    • Completely against a ground share of any kind

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I mull it over, the more I think it would work. It's still near enough to keep Latics fans interested, there's plenty of scope for redeveloping, it would be a massive ":censored: you" to OMBC and it would also mean the return of terracing. WIN WIN WIN WIN, I say.

I couldn't agree more. I was Going to say that it would be a huge embarrassment to ombc, but, like the rest of the town, they probably wouldn't give a toss anyway. That's why we're where we are at the moment.

The more I mull it over, the more I think it would work. It's still near enough to keep Latics fans interested, there's plenty of scope for redeveloping, it would be a massive ":censored: you" to OMBC and it would also mean the return of terracing. WIN WIN WIN WIN, I say.

plus Latics playing in the town where I was born :grin:

plus Latics playing in the town where I was born :grin:

There's a lot going for The Tameside stadium, plenty of scope for development, lots of parking space, popular shopping town nearby, good road, rail and bus links (and soon metrolink), and although outside the borough it's not considered alien territory to some like Failsworth.

Maybe worth considering.

Edited by BP1960

There's a lot going for The Tameside stadium, plenty of scope for development, lots of parking space, popular shopping town nearby, good road, rail and bus links (and soon metrolink), and although outside the borough it's not considered alien territory to some like Failsworth.

Maybe worth considering.

IF (and I presume it would be a big if) Tameside council would have us at the stadium, I think it could definitely be a goer. But as takemeanywhere did correctly point out, I think it would be very ignorant of us to think we could just waltz into the home of Curzon Ashton.

Do Curzon Ashton own the stadium or are they tenants there?

We're not Tameside, Ashton etc. We're Oldham.

Moving to Tameside permanently is not an option for me at all. Unless we are looking to move back into the borough any move out of the borough would be completely unacceptable.

None of them. We are Oldham AFC and should not contemplate moving out of the borough in my opinion.

Barry

There's nowhere to go in Oldham Barry, unfortunately, and the council have shown on more than one occasion that they couldn't organise a pu in a b.

So we've got to look at the other options, short and long term.

Other clubs have gone somehwere temporarily, and move on from there.

Curzon Ashton looks a fair option, and somewhere in or around Ashton for a new ground would be good.

There seems to plenty of land between the Ashton Sainsbury's and the M60 around there.

I don't know if it's available or even possible with the Footbal League saying you need to play in your metroplitan borough. But with nothing happening in Oldham, they'd proably prefer a team playing somewhere nearby than not playing at all.

Let's all do as many of these as possible:

keep going and supporting

try to bring more along

support the player share scheme

..................................................................pray

:shock:

There's nowhere to go in Oldham Barry, unfortunately, and the council have shown on more than one occasion that they couldn't organise a pu in a b.

So we've got to look at the other options, short and long term.

Other clubs have gone somehwere temporarily, and move on from there.

Curzon Ashton looks a fair option, and somewhere in or around Ashton for a new ground would be good.

There seems to plenty of land between the Ashton Sainsbury's and the M60 around there.

I don't know if it's available or even possible with the Footbal League saying you need to play in your metroplitan borough. But with nothing happening in Oldham, they'd proably prefer a team playing somewhere nearby than not playing at all.

Let's all do as many of these as possible:

keep going and supporting

try to bring more along

support the player share scheme

..................................................................pray

:shock:

Tameside permanently is not an option. We are Oldham Athletic! The clue is in the name. I'm not from Tameside and I don't support any teams from there.

After latest rejection, do we actually need a 30 acre site?

How many acres is the BP site?

Scale down the plans, have the stadium with its modern facilities for things like conferences in which help bring in additional revenue, and have a cinema/bowling alley, along with a pub on the site.

Curzon is actually a really good option. It's on Ashton Moss, close to Oldham, has an Oldham postcode (for those obssessed) and is close to the motorway/Oldham Road. I say but it and develop iI - NOW. Oldham and Tameside Athletic. Broaden potential business links/corporate packages. Work with a council that might actually appreciate a professional club.

Yes. Come on Simon, do it.

IF (and I presume it would be a big if) Tameside council would have us at the stadium, I think it could definitely be a goer. But as takemeanywhere did correctly point out, I think it would be very ignorant of us to think we could just waltz into the home of Curzon Ashton.

Do Curzon Ashton own the stadium or are they tenants there?

I don't know, but if it's extra revenue for them and there were some redevelopment plans it could be a possibility.

I don't know, but if it's extra revenue for them and there were some redevelopment plans it could be a possibility.

Council owned, thus 'The Tameside Stadium'…

I think the three realistic options are:-

Bower Fold

Regional Athletics Centre

Tameside Stadium

Curzon is actually a really good option. It's on Ashton Moss, close to Oldham, has an Oldham postcode (for those obssessed) and is close to the motorway/Oldham Road. I say but it and develop iI - NOW. Oldham and Tameside Athletic. Broaden potential business links/corporate packages. Work with a council that might actually appreciate a professional club.

Yes. Come on Simon, do it.

And what would happen to Curzon Ashton? They do have supporters, and people who have worked hard for them over the years to get them and keep them where they are today. Would we just go there and tell them to do one? The big boys are here now.

If the people of Ashton (or even Tameside) really wanted league football, they would get behind the many many non-league clubs that they have got and earn it.

And what would happen to Curzon Ashton? They do have supporters, and people who have worked hard for them over the years to get them and keep them where they are today. Would we just go there and tell them to do one? The big boys are here now.

If the people of Ashton (or even Tameside) really wanted league football, they would get behind the many many non-league clubs that they have got and earn it.

Curzon supporters would still follow them, indeed they might gain a few extra, and you could say the same for any ground share like with Stalybridge Celtic (whom Latics already have links with).

Curzon supporters would still follow them, indeed they might gain a few extra, and you could say the same for any ground share like with Stalybridge Celtic (whom Latics already have links with).

No, what would most likely happen is Curzon would go out of business (just like the local MK non league team did). If all these Latics fans are so desperate to go watching football in Ashton with their progressive forward thinking council, why don't they just start tomorrow. Home Vs Lancaster (3pm kick off).