A Statement from OAFC Directors

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I managed to get seventy-five 'Carlisle £2 game' posters put up. Fifty went into pubs/cafes/shops etc in Oldham town centre and a further twenty-five into similar businesses in Royton. Cheers to all of the business owners who agreed to put a poster in their window. Cheers to the directors of Oldham Athletic for making me feel like I've wasted my day.

Today I managed to get seventy-five 'Carlisle £2 game' posters put up. Fifty went into pubs/cafes/shops etc in Oldham town centre and a further twenty-five into similar businesses in Royton. Cheers to all of the business owners who agreed to put a poster in their window. Cheers to the directors of Oldham Athletic for making me feel like I've wasted my day.

Every time Mike, every time….

Well done that man.

i understand your intentions lags i really do....

but im seeing this as political willy waving....brinksman ship.....the owners know the council cant afford to go to court after the vance millar fiasco.....

the council come out to distance themself from it by saying oh we never said it was 100% it would happen...

and now the owners have come out and hinted very strongly about what could happen sooner rather than later....knowing full well they just have to sit back and watch the backlash unfold on the council from anyone and everyone...

the hint that "we cant work with the present administration" says to me they may well be able to work with others after the may elections....

the council are now being forced to open up land it owns,and to give us what we want within the borough....

The council will not give a toss...havent so far so why would they change. Just look at Sykes in the Chron tonight...grinning all over his fat free feed face....

This town is dead................

Yesterday in 1989 my brother died suddenly...1990 I was sat at Wembley....with his empty seat at the side of me.......he will be spinning.....

Council wanted the club in Oldham then didnt they ? AAAAAAAAAAAAAGRH

We do not feel that a solution can be achieved with the current administration, although we do believe that potential alternative options could be developed with the right people. Therefore we cannot make any further comment ourselves at this stage and have placed the matter in the hands of our solicitors.

This section seems to suggest that think they may be able to work with a different administration on Oldham Council. Are they waiting for the outcome of the local elections on May 5th? Have they been speaking to opposition councillors?

We are exploring realistic possibilities for next season, including ground sharing which, at this stage, seems to be the likeliest option

Key words here are ‘possibilities’ (plural) and ‘at this stage’, which could be different at a later stage. What could the other possibilities be?

The more I read the whole statement the more it seems like sabre rattling to me.

Edited by Mark59

I have supported Simon Corney through thick, thin and thinner.

But if he thinks the council will get all the blame if we are ground sharing next season when there is no legal need for us to, he ain't seen nothing yet.

I think it is a very dangerous game.

groundsharing? they wouldnt help us and its in yorkshire anyway.

we've got to make sure that we get behind the team on saturday because a win could be the thing to get as many fans in on tuesday, which will hopefully get more in after that

You can pack the ground out till the seasons end. They want BP shut, They never ever saw football being played at BP beyond 2011, read Barry's post. In other words a new stadium would be in existance or so they thought. However one thing though.....wasn't the new Stadium at BP originally?

Edited by Lags

I have supported Simon Corney through thick, thin and thinner.

But if he thinks the council will get all the blame if we are ground sharing next season when there is no legal need for us to, he ain't seen nothing yet.

I think it is a very dangerous game.

Welcome to the party Singe :wink: just as he was beginning to win me back over and all. Sadly his detractors look to have been proved right all along….

Edited by oafcprozac

You can pack the ground out till the seasons end. They want BP shut, They never ever saw football being played at BP beyond 2011, read Barry's post. In other words a new stadium would be in existance or so they thought. However one thing though.....wasn't the new Stadium at BP originally?

I think it's obvious the land's been sold or there's a deal very close to completion Lags...

This section seems to suggest that think they may be able to work with a different administration on Oldham Council. Are they waiting for the outcome of the local elections on May 5th? Have they been speaking to opposition councillors?

Key words here are ‘possibilities’ (plural) and ‘at this stage’, which could be different at a later stage. What could the other possibilities be?

The more I read the whole statement the more it seems like sabre rattling to me.

McMahon is the leader of Oldham Labour, isn't he? He's also Councillor for a F/w ward. He's not been for the stadium in F/w from what I have read.

He has been positive about the club and keeping it in the Borough, though.

Yup it was at BP orginally. Then when it went up in the air.. and Failsworth was proposed, wasn't the plan to move their in 2012?

I'm merely pointing out that it may be being considered. Given where we're at we are making a huge assumption that we are only looking west of the Pennines...

we don't know who the club are looking at sharing with, it was only a week ago that people were still arguing that failsworth is too fair away. the situation has obviously changed but we should wait and see what the club do next IMO and concentrate on supporting the club

Welcome to the party Singe :wink: just as he was beginning to win me back over and all. Sadly his detractors look to have been proved right all along….

Prozac, I've been one of these but the way in which he has stuck around this season was also beginning to win me round. I was beginning to think the money men were Blitz and Gazal (not just in funds but those that wanted to make money). Now he seems to be pushing ahead with leaving the town and ground sharing for no clear reason whatsoever. It's unbelievable. I'm hoping its just chest thumping but I fear it isnt.

This isn't a time for any I told you so's. It's not a time for anyone to even think about wrangling about the merits of Simon Corney. It's a time for everyone to pull together and focus on supporting the club.

Look at what rumours and statements are teeling us. Two directors with the cash scarper, AH to retire at the seasons end, all players contracts being drawn up now all only run till the seasons end, players who's contracts are up at the seasons end and who you'd wager we'd want to keep not offered new deals and now this no football at BP next season. Sorry folks but I really can't see anything beyond this. It really sickens me yet I'll be tarred in the coridors of BP that I've turned to the darkside.

+1

I think the main purpose of this statement is to put pressure on the council

All well and good saying we will be groundsharing next season but who with

Rochdale - nono as it is currently shared

Gigg Lane - Same as above

Bower Fold - Is it really football league standard?

Curzon Ashton - Only conference standard, possible but would need at least two temporary stands built I think

Regional Athletics Centre Manchester: Probably cheap to rent, if it isnt FL standards now, it surely wont be a million miles away, all seater stadium....looking the likely option if we do, arguably the only option unless FCUM move out of Gigg Lane

Look at what rumours and statements are teeling us. Two directors with the cash scarper, AH to retire at the seasons end, all players contracts being drawn up now all only run till the seasons end, players who's contracts are up at the seasons end and who you'd wager we'd want to keep not offered new deals and now this no football at BP next season. Sorry folks but I really can't see anything beyond this. It really sickens me yet I'll be tarred in the coridors of BP that I've turned to the darkside.

Hey, we still have Furman & Stephens for another season! :wink:

The only OTHER possibility is this......................

Latics have stated that Failsworth is the only site capable of delivering what we want to develop, besides the original BP plans.

my theory is that they have now done s deal witht eh council to rebuild BP as passed originally and that the Council may be part funding, or some form of other land deal is in the offing.

Re-doing BP starting in the summer = no safety certificate possible due to building works = groundshare?????

:unsure: