Huddersfield - Latics Post Match Thread

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i seem to remember some muppets in the Chaddy singing "no surrender to the IRA" years ago.....at the Cardiff fans. :petesake:

Come on. That used to get aired every now and then, no matter who we were playing. I've heard it sung during games against Stockport nd Wolves just from what I can remember off the top of my head

"....almost impossible to play football against 11 cheating scumbags who insist on punting the ball in the air for 90 minutes and hack us to the floor whenever we actually get going. I'm just extremely glad I don't support Oldham."

Read more: http://downatthemac.proboards.com/index.cg...7#ixzz1DmUjDHoV

Us punting the ball in the air? It was clearly Huddersfield instigating that following their battering at BP earlier in this season when we played football on the ground. Clarke knew he couldn't match us with the ball on the ground so ensured his priority was to stop us playing football.

Us punting the ball in the air? It was clearly Huddersfield instigating that following their battering at BP earlier in this season when we played football on the ground. Clarke knew he couldn't match us with the ball on the ground so ensured his priority was to stop us playing football.

The amount of hoof they played in comparison to their budget was laughable! Wasn't Lee a lanky gob:censored:e tart? Could give it out but squealed like a pig whenever challenged. Thought our sheep worrying friends were bragging about how Rubes and Trotters would be his bitches by the end of the game? He barely lasted an hour! :grin::lol:

Edited by oafcprozac

Forget Hartlepool, they were singing it against Accy. Plus Carlisle, although I changed the words at the end to Cumbrian

Clever boy!

Isn't it just a statement like 'hate man united', 'no nay never' etc, that gets sung regularly, despite having not played them for years? That's what it seems to have morphed into!

Spot on although Rubes was lucky to stay on when yanking their forward down 1st half which was about the only time the ref didn't give them a free kick.

When we played it on the ground they looked very vunerable at the back and we created our best chances like that.

What was disappointing was their CH was a very clumsy oaf who had the turning capacity of the QE2 yet we didn't once try to exploit it. They would have struggled with balls down the channels for Reid & Tounkare to chase but

we just kept flinging high balls up front and he stood there all day heading them out thinking it must be my birthday !!

They are a poor side though and just play for corners and free kicks .

Good point but could have done better.

They are a poor side :grin: is that why we are unbeaten in the league this year, may i add the only team left in league 1 still to be UNBEATEN

They are a poor side :grin: is that why we are unbeaten in the league this year, may i add the only team left in league 1 still to be UNBEATEN

I think you'll find Rochdale are still unbeaten this calendar year too…and you've lost the most games inside the top 6 which suggest to me you'll fade away and lose a :censored: load more before the season ends. Did I read right you've already failed to score in SIX home games too? I'd be worried if I were you :grin:

on their match thread, someone said if we played football against them then they'll destroy us, clearly they never came to the game at BP.. :lol:

time some of them got their heads outta their sheeps arses

The deluded lot must be the £100 season ticket lot, most Hudds fans used to be pretty level headed even when they'd (very rarely) beaten us.

Trotman, Lee and Furman were stand our performers.

Evina looked dodgy and didnt offer as much going forward as Lee did. They were there for the taking but then so were we, crap game, crap ref. 0-0 draw fair result.

I hear Taylors injury is pretty bad and is more than likely out for the season.

Evina looked dodgy and didnt offer as much going forward as Lee did. They were there for the taking but then so were we, crap game, crap ref. 0-0 draw fair result.

i heard that taylor has done his ligaments will be out 3 - 4 weeks.

Edited by LaticsLee

before the match I was worried about who we'd play on the left-hand side facing Anthony Pilkington and IMO he was the main threat and I feel teams with a decent right-sided midfielder have exposed us this season (e.g Boyd for Peterborough, Chamberlin for Southampton) so maybe thats why he didn't commit himself as much

Hard to tell so early on, still be alot of swelling around the ankle..

I meant on the day they were a poor side.

and get your facts right before criticising somebody else !!!!!!!!!

ROCHDALE

Edited by losesome

before the match I was worried about who we'd play on the left-hand side facing Anthony Pilkington and IMO he was the main threat and I feel teams with a decent right-sided midfielder have exposed us this season (e.g Boyd for Peterborough, Chamberlin for Southampton) so maybe thats why he didn't commit himself as much

Aye I cant grumble too much as we were the away side and after last seasons debacle when our centre mids rarely left our own half never mind our full backs.

I thought we totally nullified their threat apart from set pieces, its just a shame we didnt offer much either.

i heard that taylor has done his ligaments will be out 3 - 4 weeks.

I'd say that's bollocks Lee, given that Robophysio has already said it'll be Monday at the earliest before the injury can be properly assessed and then only if any swelling has subsided. Not my words but Dicky and Robophysio's...

While I am a little bit frustrated that we didn't get the ball on the floor as much as we can and surrendered a lot of possession to them, there are a lot of positives to come out of that performance from a defensive perspective.

I thought Evina had a cracking game at left back as a left back and while he didn't offer us the attacking option that we expect from him I suspect this was a tactical instruction to help contain Pilkington (valued at £3m+ and possibly on his way to Everton in the summer). It worked rather well.

Hazell and Trotman did their job well at the back, despite their bandaged head tosser's attempts to get further cards produced by an inept referee. Lee going forwards was as good as he was tracking back and Amos was a tower of strength (with the exception of one misunderstanding).

In our last two games against Huddersfield Dale Stephens has been magnificent. I suspect this is why they packed the midfield yesterday. Perhaps with Stephens on the pitch we may have just had the edge. Despite the hoofball I though Furman was our outstanding individual though. A thoroughly professional performance from a player who had a relatively poor game a week earlier.

Oh, and the "tackle" that did for Taylor was, from where I was sat, an assault. TV evidence should be sent to the FA discipliniary people and the police :wink:.

Edited by opinions4u

He walked off, and was keen to get back on but couldn't walk it off so was taken off. Hardly a three monther….

He walked off, and was keen to get back on but couldn't walk it off so was taken off. Hardly a three monther….

I did my ankle ligaments in a similar sort of tackle a few years back and was out for 12 week. There's no way he'd walk off if he'd done that. I couldn't put any weight on it for nearly a week and even then it still hurt like a bitch.