Taggart

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Their player had hauled Feeney down, still had hold of his shirt, stamped on him, and his fist into back of his head from what i could see.. Alice tried to separate, Alice got smacked and Taggart kicked off, GT caught a few of theirs, one of theirs he caught had broken nose i think.. Their keeper pushed GT than had a slight poo and ran away. I saw Tonk get involved grabbing shirts and throats i think (defo shirts) couldnt tell if he was trying to separate it or not.. They should of have two sent off.. Their defender for Feeney then the guy who hit Alice when he tried to separate it..

Their player had hauled Feeney down, still had hold of his shirt, stamped on him, and his fist into back of his head from what i could see.. Alice tried to separate, Alice got smacked and Taggart kicked off, GT caught a few of theirs, one of theirs he caught had broken nose i think.. Their keeper pushed GT than had a slight poo and ran away. I saw Tonk get involved grabbing shirts and throats i think (defo shirts) couldnt tell if he was trying to separate it or not.. They should of have two sent off.. Their defender for Feeney then the guy who hit Alice when he tried to separate it..

Thanks Rob, I defo saw the stamp but I could not tell who it was on the floor at the time, but it certainly got me out of my seat with a few choice words as well. I missed handbags/punching but my nephew said he saw a punch land.

And their Goalie why run 30yds out of your pegs if your going to do nought.....blush.gif

I know it certainly got the paddock crew out of their seats too so I know we were definately wronged if they make a move.

Thanks Rob, I defo saw the stamp but I could not tell who it was on the floor at the time, but it certainly got me out of my seat with a few choice words as well. I missed handbags/punching but my nephew said he saw a punch land.

And their Goalie why run 30yds out of your pegs if your going to do nought.....blush.gif

I know it certainly got the paddock crew out of their seats too so I know we were definately wronged if they make a move.

Their Keeper ran 30 yards to push Taggart, and then run off as soon as Taggart turned round to him.. Should of been at least 2 red cards in that for Carlisle players alone..

the 25 had hold of Feeney and when Lewis defended him he should have been backed up by Todd, Tounkare Etc but was on his own, Gerry took exception at the treatment Lewi was getting and dished out justice

Edited by Horlicks

the 25 had hold of Feeney and when Lewis defended him he should have been backed up by Todd, Tounkare Etc but was on his own, Gerry took exception at the treatment Lewi was getting and dished out justice

I remember some nobody roughing up a little'n of ours a few years ago. Sean Gregan scissored him two minutes later then throttled the bloke while he was writhing on the ground. I think that's where it all started for me.

He banged Michalik, hit another guy and shouted "Who feckin' wants it…." PIled right in, good on him but Corney must have his head in his hands toneet. That will cost Taggart and the club a few bob. A 20 man free-for all with coaches and subs diving in is gonna be costly… highlight of the night and the best since Beckford v Short!

Seriously? :grin: Take it he's not going to have to buy a drink at the fans forum then....

I'll happily chip in to any whip round to cover his fine.

Brilliant! He get sent off or just walk down the tunnel voluntarily?

How the ref didn't book any players after that is beyond me. He obviously couldn't identify anyone but to not have clocked anyone involved was very poor

Because if he'd've started booking, there would have been too many reds to carry on with the game. Excellent refereeing, leave it the the FA Panel. (If he booked anyone, the panel couldn't retrospectively send them off, as well.)

Because if he'd've started booking, there would have been too many reds to carry on with the game. Excellent refereeing, leave it the the FA Panel. (If he booked anyone, the panel couldn't retrospectively send them off, as well.)

If he's (the ref) not seen it there's very little the FA can do. If he puts it in his report in any detail and names individuals he'll be asked why he's not acted. There's one camera angle at BP, the game wasn't televised unless the video evidence is pretty conclusive I can only see blanket fines for both clubs and a touchline ban for Gerry 'Bring on Vlad' Taggart...

He WAS backed up, but they were slow to react (As they were all night really!). When punches were thrown at Lewis, Tags stormed on and pulled three of theirs away. All three turned on GT, so he palmed each one in the face in quick succession - The last one (14?) caught it a lot harder than the other two, and it wouldn't surprise me if his nose was (As reported) broken.

Dickov did a bit of pushing and squared up to one guy who towered over him, but clearly didn't fancy mixing it with the fiery Jock, and Tounks dragged a couple of their players around with apparent ease.

The ref had a smile on his face when he asked Tags to go up the tunnel, so hopefully he'll view it as a coach doing his duty in his report. Meanwhile the main instigator (No. 25) walked away and stood at the back, avoiding the attentions of the officials - Lucky bastard.

Surely Playershare can donate to any fine Tags receives?

On the downside what Mr.Taggart did out there last night can be classed as assault and if the Carlisle player has reported this (anyone know this?) then the club may have to issue more than just a fine! They may have to reiview his position within the club.

To lose Taggart in this decent managerial partnership in a crucial part of the season wud be devastating.

On the downside what Mr.Taggart did out there last night can be classed as assault and if the Carlisle player has reported this (anyone know this?) then the club may have to issue more than just a fine! They may have to reiview his position within the club.

To lose Taggart in this decent managerial partnership in a crucial part of the season wud be devastating.

So could what Michalik did to Feeney and Lewi…you're over-reacting...

you forgot your rod mate, wont catch feck all without it.

Carlisle website:-

84 min - A bit of chaos here as some unsavoury scenes start on the pitch. Lubo goes in for a challenge with Feeney. There's a bit of shirt tugging and pulling, nothing too serious but suddenly there's a whole host of players on the pitch and some of the Latics coaching staff, with a couple of United players being caught in the face. After it all calms down, the ref speaks to his assistants and fourth official before having a word with both captains and restarting with a free-kick, not even having a word with the Latics coaching staff.

Challenge? Stamping on a player, then trying to throttle him then getting another player in a headlock?

Cant wait to see the highlights , because by most accounts even though it happened in front of me

I missed stamps, headlocks, punches and broken noses

All i saw was a lot of shoving and shirt pulling all started mainly by the 25 but also feeney who would not let each other off the ground after a nothing challenge

Pushing/ Shoving/ Slapping/ Shirt Pulling/ Handbags can all be sorted by the ref and his merry assistants, but when someone who shouldn't be on the pitch in the first place exacts his own justice then the problems start. I'll bet the cameras picked that scuffle up, wot more evidence is required?

I don't want anything to come of this but wud be very suprised if no action is taken.