Taggart

Cant wait to see the highlights , because by most accounts even though it happened in front of me

I missed stamps, headlocks, punches and broken noses

All i saw was a lot of shoving and shirt pulling all started mainly by the 25 but also feeney who would not let each other off the ground after a nothing challenge

Morning Arsene, how are you?

Seriously you missed it it?

Michalik trips Feeney, is then stood over him doesn't let him get up, Feeney reacts, he treads on Feeney, before grabbing the back of his neck and shoving him. Everyone storms in, an arm is thrown round Lewis' neck cue Taggart getting involved. He shoves one or two in the face with an open hand before landing one on Michalik. All over in seconds, not sure if Michalik was hurt or not be he should've walked for three offences. Taggart deserved to be sent to the stand and no doubt will be punished.

Edited by oafcprozac

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning Arsene, how are you?

Seriously you missed it it?

Michalik trips Feeney, is then stood over him doesn't let him get up, Feeney reacts, he treads on Feeney, before grabbing the back of his neck and shoving him. Everyone storms in, an arm is thrown round Lewis' neck cue Taggart getting involved. He shoves one or two in the face with an open hand before landing one on Michalik. All over in seconds, not sure if Michalik was hurt or not be he should've walked for three offences. Taggart deserved to be sent to the stand and no doubt will be punished.

je mappelle Palmer1

I saw shoves open hand my taggert no punches

I saw both arselich and feeney holding each other, arselich may have made it up first which is why lewi pushed him

He got pushed back by a the right full back and taggert jumped in

No stamps or punches or broken noses

je mappelle Palmer1

I saw shoves open hand my taggert no punches

I saw both arselich and feeney holding each other, arselich may have made it up first which is why lewi pushed him

He got pushed back by a the right full back and taggert jumped in

No stamps or punches or broken noses

Taggart got a least one punch away, the rest were open hand type shoves in the face...

If it turns out that there is no video evidence, shouldn't we all be saying that Taggart was actually a victim of a serious unprovoked assault by several of the Carlisle players, and needed treatment by the club doctor after leaving the side of the pitch?

We demand justice for our innocent, warm-hearted, good-tempered Assistant Manager!

Taggart got a least one punch away, the rest were open hand type shoves in the face...

Right – Paddock dweller here.....here’s what I saw.

Lubo Michalick fouled Feeney (the free-kick was eventually given after it calmed down), and the foul was a push, then the 2 ended up ‘Greco-Roman Wrestling’ on the deck; with Lubo on-top of Feeney stopping him getting up; and he then trod on him but it wasn’t a viscous stamp; then Lubo had a go at the neck of Feeney was it got a bit ‘handbags’. Lewis came in to help out Feeney and pushed Lubo; who pushed him back harded; with an arm-open one to his throat....it was at this point that Dux & Taggart got involved..........

I saw Taggs do 2 or 3 of the pushes with an open palm to their lads, but he definitely threw 2 ‘proper’ punches – 1 to Lubo & 1 to Tom Taiwo. Taiwo was the one who had to have treatment; right in front of me; and their bench were saying his nose was broke....to me it looked like a bad cut; but they were saying it was broken.

Oumare, Feeney and Lewis were the 3 main ones of ours who were involved from the ‘off’ purely as they were the nearest ones to it.....but others rushed in to ass it gathered.

The ref told Taggs to go to the stand – no card as they don’t have to for non-playing staff. At this point Graeme Kavanagh was on the pitch; trying to get to the ref – even though you’re not aloud out of your area; and PD was into his ear about that; and we all thought it was going to go off again over that.

I’d be amazed if Taggs isn’t in serious trouble for what he did. Big ban & big fine i’d say...............that said – spot on from him; as he was just looking out for ‘his lads’, showing some passion and fight. Amazed Todd wasn’t more involved; I’d have thought it would have been right up his street; maybe he’s mellowing in his latter years????

Pushing/ Shoving/ Slapping/ Shirt Pulling/ Handbags can all be sorted by the ref and his merry assistants, but when someone who shouldn't be on the pitch in the first place exacts his own justice then the problems start. I'll bet the cameras picked that scuffle up, wot more evidence is required?

I don't want anything to come of this but wud be very suprised if no action is taken.

it was great to see taggs defend our young team BUT you can't go round fighting on the pitch, if you wanna do that..take up boxing!!

Lubo Michalick fouled Feeney (the free-kick was eventually given after it calmed down), and the foul was a push, then the 2 ended up ‘Greco-Roman Wrestling’ on the deck; with Lubo on-top of Feeney stopping him getting up; and he then trod on him but it wasn’t a viscous stamp; then Lubo had a go at the neck of Feeney was it got a bit ‘handbags’. Lewis came in to help out Feeney and pushed Lubo; who pushed him back harded; with an arm-open one to his throat....it was at this point that Dux & Taggart got involved..........

I saw Taggs do 2 or 3 of the pushes with an open palm to their lads, but he definitely threw 2 ‘proper’ punches – 1 to Lubo & 1 to Tom Taiwo. Taiwo was the one who had to have treatment; right in front of me; and their bench were saying his nose was broke....to me it looked like a bad cut; but they were saying it was broken.

Oumare, Feeney and Lewis were the 3 main ones of ours who were involved from the ‘off’ purely as they were the nearest ones to it.....but others rushed in to ass it gathered.

The ref told Taggs to go to the stand – no card as they don’t have to for non-playing staff. At this point Graeme Kavanagh was on the pitch; trying to get to the ref – even though you’re not aloud out of your area; and PD was into his ear about that; and we all thought it was going to go off again over that.

I’d be amazed if Taggs isn’t in serious trouble for what he did. Big ban & big fine i’d say...............that said – spot on from him; as he was just looking out for ‘his lads’, showing some passion and fight. Amazed Todd wasn’t more involved; I’d have thought it would have been right up his street; maybe he’s mellowing in his latter years????

Pretty much what I saw seeing as it was right in front of me in the Main Stand Paddock...

Was Paul Gerrard not there? As I'd imagine he'd be pretty handy in a fight, plus him and Lewis Alessandra grew up very near each other, so wouldn't surprise me if Gerrard stuck up for him, especially when you factor in the respective jobs.

I don't remember Taggart being a dirty player, he was tough but not dirty. This seems a bit out of character for him if their player didn't really do much, but totally with his character if what the Carlisle player did was malicious.

Aren't the fines not based on wages, I can't imagine we are paying Taggart that much.

I was right next to the tunnel. All the carslise subs starting goading us. At one point a man mountain of a sub offered me and another fan out for a fight. Looking at the badge on his jacket (as if to say im better than you)

Only saw what started the fight which was Feeney and Lewi being manhandled, missed most of the rest

I was right next to the tunnel. All the carslise subs starting goading us. At one point a man mountain of a sub offered me and another fan out for a fight. Looking at the badge on his jacket (as if to say im better than you)

Only saw what started the fight which was Feeney and Lewi being manhandled, missed most of the rest

Should of f**king done him !!

I was raging. Why did all their subs feel the need to sprint onto the pitch and start scrapping. Their manager was trying to grab the ref. Was all a bit mental!

Bit shocked at the way their players handled themselves. Threatening fans isnt on... Reminds me of Eric Cantonas infamous boot!

Applause to taggs for sticking up for the lads. See what the FA say now I suppose as if what people say is true that he whacked a few players probably a bit OTT

The rarely-wrong Chron resumes its policy of highlighting the negative.

"COACH TAGGART IN PUNCHES PROBE" headline.

Why should they ignore it? It happened, everyone saw it, so it's not as if they're making something out of nothing.

If someone from the Carlisle bench had done what Taggart did there would be uproar on here, with practically everyone demanding the FA take immediate action.

That said, it did liven a dull game up.

Todd couldnt get their quick enough!!!

Quote from news and star

'The Blues manager said: “It was a scuffle. I’m just glad it wasn’t me that was involved. To get a reaction like that means you’re doing something right on the pitch.”'

What crap, your players punching/puttin hands to Lewi's throat is doing something right on the pitch? What a idiot.

While it's all good Taggart defending his players should he be disciplined by the club for this at least? I think so.

Contribute towards the fine if the club gets one nothing more,

Having been in a bit of a scrape on sunday myself when it kicked off after our game I understand why Taggart did that, but he should have had the precense of mind not to throw any punches while sticking up for and protecting his players the FA will likely come down hard on that.

Think this little incident is likely going to go down in folklore though It might be the day after Wednesday but if big Gerry says its Tuesday you better believe it :bat:

Edited by GlossopLatic

If it turns out that there is no video evidence, shouldn't we all be saying that Taggart was actually a victim of a serious unprovoked assault by several of the Carlisle players, and needed treatment by the club doctor after leaving the side of the pitch?

We demand justice for our innocent, warm-hearted, good-tempered Assistant Manager!

Indeed, he was butted at least 3 times on the hand!!! :grin: