Bored of negative fans

Perhaps it's time to setup some sort of group willing to support the team and encourage instead of being abusive and over the top to opposition fans, players, latics players.

I want latics to be an enjoyable place to go again.

Perhaps it's time to setup some sort of group willing to support the team and encourage instead of being abusive and over the top to opposition fans, players, latics players.

not been an enjoyable experience for me for a long time now. but maybe thats just me.

Ten years ago, in order to bring colour and atmosphere to Shamrock Rovers' games both at home and away games, a group of like-minded supporters formed an Ultras group. On match-days the Ultras occupy one block in the East stand and the group's aim is to make Rovers' games both home and away as loud as they possibly can. They have their own scarves and t-shirts and their displays are really impressive, ranging from large Tifo poles to large organised choreographed displays.

SRFC Ultras videos

Is that what you had in mind?

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Ten years ago, in order to bring colour and atmosphere to Shamrock Rovers' games both at home and away games, a group of like-minded supporters formed an Ultras group. On match-days the Ultras occupy one block in the East stand and the group's aim is to make Rovers' games both home and away as loud as they possibly can. They have their own scarves and t-shirts and their displays are really impressive, ranging from large Tifo poles to large organised choreographed displays.

SRFC Ultras videos

We tried to get this going seasons ago (Mark was a big player), it was mostly met with "shut up" and "sit down". There was a recent poll on here that indicating that there were no youngsters coming through the ranks in the stands. I know it's a fine line between young fans and bell-ends, but I think it's a factor of the current chapel of rest thing BP has got going on at the moment.

We tried to get this going seasons ago (Mark was a big player), it was mostly met with "shut up" and "sit down". There was a recent poll on here that indicating that there were no youngsters coming through the ranks in the stands. I know it's a fine line between young fans and bell-ends, but I think it's a factor of the current chapel of rest thing BP has got going on at the moment.

To add, fans in this country by-and-large just don't get football fan mania, or tifosi. It's just the way it is, and it's a shame.

to be honest I actually enjoyed the atmosphere when all the miserable tits ****ed off after the 4th goal against Peterborough went in, it wasn't pleasent watching us get trouced but when there is some retard sat behind you who behaves like he's the manager when infact he clearly knows as much about the game of Football as Cliff Richard does about taking Acid then you really do wonder why you paid your £20 at times

whereas when you go to the Cricket there is a much more positive atmosphere from the people around you (although being able to pace your drinks certainly helps)

The paddock was infested with some of Rochdale Road ends most unwanted last night - and it was bloody awful at times to be honest. If I had taken youngsters or anyone for the first time last night, I certainly wouldn't want to take them again sat near some of them characters.

If it is worth shifting all of the season ticket holders and the great unwashed from the large section of the Rocky Road end, just to accomodate 1300 away fans, then it is no wonder crowds continue to drop at an alarming rate. People in the paddock peed off, people from the Rocky Rd End peed off having to move, times this by 4 games a season and times it again by 4 seasons and you have a lot of peed off people!!

Just a thought like!

SRFC Ultras videos

Latics should do this.

Quite a few clubs have them, Celtic, Rangers, Middlesboro etc...

If Latics could do this, then it'd be great for the players and fans to here some backing behind the team.

It'd be best in't Rocky Road end, excellent banter with away fans, better acoustics and already a (Small) section of vocal supporters.

The only ones making any noise at BP are the 10 year old kids in the rocky , waiting for their balls to drop, and away games certainly the more obscure ones , usually the pissed up group of 10 or 12 like we got at Bournemouth on saturday that embarrass the oafc name , i heard a lad trying to belt out an Oldham till i die at the full time whistle last saturday , not one response from anyonme they were too engrossed in booing the team off the pitch, we have a decent away following and make decent noise at BP considering weve had little to shout about for 12 years, but we do have a lot of negative idiotic fans

I wrote on Facebook earlier some fans are not happy unless there moaning and complaining more recently booing. Am all for fans being able to voice there opinion but some just take it to a whole new level. Some are clearly deluded or makes me think do they expect us to win every game. Why i prefere long distance away games nowdays. I try to focus on watching the game and not pick arguements or watch what other fans do but sadly it can be annoying.

Still i guess each to the own as long as each individual who has paid to go in its there own choice how they choose to support the team.

What amuses me is the reputation Mainstanders have for moaning. From what I and others have seen, the CRE has more than its fair share of them.

Admittedly there do seem to be one or two Mainstand upper dwellers who are pretty vocal in their criticism, but they never quite seem to be as butch as their venom suggests if you know what I mean? :biker::queerim9:

What amuses me is the reputation Mainstanders have for moaning. From what I and others have seen, the CRE has more than its fair share of them.

Admittedly there do seem to be one or two Mainstand upper dwellers who are pretty vocal in their criticism, but they never quite seem to be as butch as their venom suggests if you know what I mean? :biker::queerim9:

I think part of the problem is that the moaners usually sit at the back of each stand, and their negativity tends to travel down, I sat in the Main Stand for a few games last season and the people who sat around me seemed fine but it was one or two individuals at the back that get really irritating when they whinge

Not just Latics fans, is it?

Swindon Town

Goes to show that it does affect the players, so it's hardly supporting the team, which is what I thought that supporters were supposed to do.

You'll never change 'em though, you can only ignore 'em.

Edited by Bristolatic

Surely there's an element of chicken and egg to this? Most fans wouldn't be so negative if everything about the club wasn't so negative.

Granted, Oldham is one of those towns where the majority are never happier than when they have something to moan about.

So does anyone want to get a group of fans together who want to support the club and get behind the players? Make BP a friendlier, more welcoming place to be. It's not really something I could do myself but would be willing to join in if someone wanted to take the helm.

I'm sick of the abusive 'banter' aimed at away fans, players and staff on both sides. The hostile atmosphere that usually goes with it. I want to watch the football on offer good or bad and have a good time whatever the result maybe.

I'm sick of things going right on the pitch then a bombshell is dropped off it- we wont be at BP again next season etc etc.

Moving ST from their original seats for 600 Tranmere Rovers fans as Futchers Briefs says is also a bit of a joke.

What Garcon said, spot on.

The only ones making any noise at BP are the 10 year old kids in the rocky , waiting for their balls to drop, and away games certainly the more obscure ones , usually the pissed up group of 10 or 12 like we got at Bournemouth on saturday that embarrass the oafc name , i heard a lad trying to belt out an Oldham till i die at the full time whistle last saturday , not one response from anyonme they were too engrossed in booing the team off the pitch, we have a decent away following and make decent noise at BP considering weve had little to shout about for 12 years, but we do have a lot of negative idiotic fans

They just want to sing, didn't know you had to be 18 or over to sing a song at Football...

Edited by SholverBlue

I do not think we need a so called group just enough of us to get an atmosphere going. Those who go to regulor away games pretty much know the people who can get them going, oasis lot, rifle range and some of the chavs, Hoolies. Home games are far moree complicated people sitting with family members, those who may bring there kids. Still think best parts to get chants going are the top corners of both the chaddy and Rocky rd end.

I was talking about adding to the atmosphere really. The ones that provide the atmosphere at the moment bring an unwelcoming one. Too quick to abuse and not quick enough to praise.

I'm sure a group of fans supporting the club would be much better than what we have at present.