No home fans in RRE for the visit of Tranmere

So that's an even more mega-:censored:e attendance.

Well done!

Tranmere Visit

So now home fans are being moved simply to save money? Moving fans to accommodate swaths of away fans fair enough, but this smacks of yet more short-sightedness…pleading poverty yet alienating your season-ticket holders at a time close to the release of ST prices for 2011-12. This club makes me weep some times...

Edited by oafcprozac

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So that's a even more mega-:censored:e attendance.

Well done!

Tranmere Visit

So now home fans are being moved simply to save money? Moving fans to accommodate swaths of away fans fair enough, but this smacks of yet more short-sightedness…pleading poverty yet alienating your season-ticket holders at a time close to the release of ST prices for 2011-12. This club makes me weep some times...

Were does Alan Hardy think up these Gems!!!

We really are the masters at how to pi*s people off and alianate fans

Not happy about this at all. Moving for the thousand upon thousands of away fans I can understand but for a better atmosphere they are joking. Who is making these decisions and what has the mouth peice of the fans got to say (The Trust) about this. Well done OAFC yet another cockup!!!

Cant remember buying my season ticket in the RRE this season to be told you may have to vacate your seat for a better atmosphere, moving seat for away fans yes but for a better atmosphere NO!!!!

Get your act together OAFC you are alienating your own season ticket holders.

:mad::mad::mad::redcard:

It will certainly stop us being embarrassed on national telly by those who goad away fans for the 90 mins.

Damage limitation by the directors if you ask me, brave decision and will probably mean we can save a bob or two in police costs.

that's probably a reason behind it but there's only going to be a better atmosphere if at least 5000 home fans are there and even then there probably wouldn't be any noise. it would take a big offer to get those fans in anyway

if season tickets holders have to move, there should at least be some fans in that section, so whats the problem with keeping the away fans in a couple of blocks in that side so there's at least some fans behind that goal for the cameras to see.

that's probably a reason behind it but there's only going to be a better atmosphere if at least 5000 home fans are there and even then there probably wouldn't be any noise. it would take a big offer to get those fans in anyway

if season tickets holders have to move, there should at least be some fans in that section, so whats the problem with keeping the away fans in a couple of blocks in that side so there's at least some fans behind that goal for the cameras to see.

Frankly don't give a s*it what we look or sound like in the stands on sky..

GIVE ME MY SEAT BACK! least then i have bloody leg-room which is in short supply in the Chaddy end!

Better atmosphere? :petesake::laught16:

If anything I think the atmosphere will be worse (if thats possible? :disappointed:), as most of the 'atmosphere' I hear is from a small minority in the Rocky Rd end. Now they will be spread out in the other two stands and unless there's a sound mic in the Chaddy end only the players will be heard on Sky TV.

It will certainly stop us being embarrassed on national telly by those who goad away fans for the 90 mins.

You've Obviously never been in the RRE and/or You exaggerate.

The other week some idiot told me Latics fans in the RRE "Give Slit throat gestures".

Nothing like that, a few V's here and there but it isn't hurting anyone.

However there is one mong that does my head in, he's short and blonde. He is the only mong I know off.

Edited by SholverBlue

Can I get a refund for just this match on my rre season ticket? This is becoming a joke! Move 2 the chaddy can't see a thing & no half time beer. Move 2 the main stand upper & see the game get a beer but put up with the moaning old b**tards! I knew I would have 2 swap for the BIG games this season but for the plastic scousers? We are becoming a even bigger laughing stock as the weeks go by.

RANT OVER!!!

Frankly don't give a s*it what we look or sound like in the stands on sky..

GIVE ME MY SEAT BACK! least then i have bloody leg-room which is in short supply in the Chaddy end!

so you don't care how our club looks to other fans?

i can see what the board are doing and even though it's annoying, if it looks like we can get people in, i'd prefer that than an empty ground making us look like a poorly run club.

so you don't care how our club looks to other fans?

i can see what the board are doing and even though it's annoying, if it looks like we can get people in, i'd prefer that than an empty ground making us look like a poorly run club.

Making us look like a poorly run club? or a club thats real in 2011?

Whichever way you look at it, we are not the only club with empty seats and if people judge your club on that, they can just f*ck off for all i care.

Latics should be looking after their loyal fans, either those in the Chaddy who don't want the chavs around or those in the Rochdale Road end who either want to enjoy a beer, or have a good view from the stand. Chaddy end has bad sightlines, in most places you view will be hampered by posts at the front of the stand.. i believe this is the same in the main stand upper, and add the :censored:e seats to that aswell. Then you have the main stand lower where if its raining you'll get pissed on if it blows in!

:censored:e Latics, absolute :censored:E.

RANT over.

Better atmosphere? Have we suddenly rebuilt the Chaddy End and it now makes the fans sound alot louder? You could barely hear the few in Chaddy end against Sheff Wed. Moving home fans out of the best stand for atmosphere in the ground and saying it's for better atmosphere is stupid. If Tranmere were to bring over a thousand, then it would be better, but they wont, they'll bring 700 max or so. Another shot in the foot OAFC.

Making us look like a poorly run club? or a club thats real in 2011?

Whichever way you look at it, we are not the only club with empty seats and if people judge your club on that, they can just f*ck off for all i care.

Latics should be looking after their loyal fans, either those in the Chaddy who don't want the chavs around or those in the Rochdale Road end who either want to enjoy a beer, or have a good view from the stand. Chaddy end has bad sightlines, in most places you view will be hampered by posts at the front of the stand.. i believe this is the same in the main stand upper, and add the :censored:e seats to that aswell. Then you have the main stand lower where if its raining you'll get pissed on if it blows in!

:censored:e Latics, absolute :censored:E.

RANT over.

fair enough, but a club that's real in 2011 has to make moves like this to save money or whatever the reason is. i've not minded the chaddy the three games ive sat there this season, and get it quite full and you've got a decent atmosphere, whether anyone can hear it or not. i've got to move too and i'm annoyed but if the board think it's the right thing to do, i'll move and hopefully enjoy the game