No home fans in RRE for the visit of Tranmere

From next season (if we are still at BP obviously) we should just place the away fans in the Chaddy. Then we would not have to go through this every 5 games.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will certainly stop us being embarrassed on national telly by those who goad away fans for the 90 mins.

Damage limitation by the directors if you ask me, brave decision and will probably mean we can save a bob or two in police costs.

very brave decision....so chaddy end and main syand for home fans....and small section of rre for away fans.....so we still have to pay for stewards in 3 stands....

the whole of the rre will be lit up,just for 500 tranmere fans in the small section....police will still be required for 3 stands.....

would it have been much better to shut the chaddy end....rre is going to be open anyway but the chaddy end is a stand alone satand,wouldnt it have made more sense to close that stand...so you only need to police and steward 2 stands,that would be saving money.....

if you wanted to stop the knobs near away fans for tv..just put in a no sitting zone or exclusion zone...its not hard....

club shoots itself in the foot every week these days it seems

Where did the term 'chav' appear from? What ever was wrong with 'scally', or 'scrote'?

It does always bring to mind a fond memory. I was seeing a French girl, happy days, and she pointed at a young skin head posturing about in a black tracksuit. " A shave?", she said. I confirmed that a skin head is called a shave, as you would, and had a good chuckle. Turned out later it was just her way of pronouncing chav. :) (:wub:)

Edited by Stitch_KTF

I think this decision stinks to be honest for all supporters. From a personal point of view this will mean that I will have to navigate the buidling site aka Lookers carpark in my wheelchair. Funny how the club banged on about how they look after their disabled fans in the Sheff Wed programme! Get this decision reversed for the safety of certain fans and also for the majority who accept they are going to move for the big clubs but not bloody Tranmere.

They are seriously taking the p*** now, why not just shut the ground and play behind closed doors. Like has been said previously it's bad enough having to move for away fans in the first place but to have to move for the sake of creating a better atmosphere it's a bloody joke. Moves like this are only going to alienate even more fans...I really don't know what Hardy and Co. are thinking about sometimes!! We will be very lucky to have 3000 fans there on the night as I don't think the bindippers will bring more than 400!

If they want to get a better atmosphere then charge £5 entrance and try and get a few more fans in, the cost has already been offset by the TV fee.

Spare a thought generally, for the away fans too, why can't they give them the whole of the small RRE instead of the very end portion. I looked at the Southampton fans the other week and they were packed into the very end of the stand. We have a segregation area specially built into the stand....if it was considered safe enough in the nineties to fill both sides it should be safe enough now. I would be really pi***d off if I was herded into the outer edges of a stand after making a 500 mile round trip for a bloody night match!!!

It really is no surprise that so many people are staying at home and watching live games on television!!!

I really and truly think some fans need to re-assess their priorities.

Let's just remind those who may have forgotten in the midsts of their trivial bouts of self pity. The club is in deep, deep :censored:.

So the club makes a decision that makes perfect financial and logistical sense, which requires the minor inconvenience to those who go in the RRE of having to go in the Chaddy or Main stand instead. Is moving stands really so terrible a prospect that it alone leads you to consider whether or not to go?

If such a pitifully minor upheaval is too much for you to cope with, how the :censored: are you going to manage when we move grounds?

Don't really get why some are getting so upset about it, i am a season ticket holder in the rochdale road end, only in there really because my kids have junior blues season tickets and that is only available there and the chaddy end. If the club were to extend that offer to the main stand i bet quite a few would move out and into the main stand. I know for certain i would.

The only thing i am puzzled about is that Simon Corney said at the forum the other week they were going to offer reduced admission for that game using the TV revenue to cover some of the costs. I know we wont get the 8000 crowd again but if we were to get 5000-6000 this would cause chaos getting into the ground with only two stands open. Have they abandoned that idea now?

Let's just remind those who may have forgotten in the midsts of their trivial bouts of self pity. The club is in deep, deep :censored:.

So the club makes a decision that makes perfect financial and logistical sense, which requires the minor inconvenience to those who go in the RRE of having to go in the Chaddy or Main stand instead. Is moving stands really so terrible a prospect that it alone leads you to consider whether or not to go?

If such a pitifully minor upheaval is too much for you to cope with, how the :censored: are you going to manage when we move grounds?

So where you sitting then?

Where did the term 'chav' appear from? What ever was wrong with 'scally', or 'scrote'?

It does always bring to mind a fond memory. I was seeing a French girl, happy days, and she pointed at a young skin head posturing about in a black tracksuit. " A shave?", she said. I confirmed that a skin head is called a shave, as you would, and had a good chuckle. Turned out later it was just her way of pronouncing chav. :) (:wub:)

The term Chav comes from the Romany word for boy so romany gypsy's boys are chav's officially its meaning has spread to include all the white underclass of today.

Well, you obviously don't have a RRE season ticket.....2 seasons ago we had 4 stands to chose from, now we have 3, and sometimes depending on away capacity we have only 2. Although not ideal,I can live with it for big games like Huddesfield for example but for Tranmere......I don't think so.

If it's a cost cutting exersise like you say, how much money are we going to save. All the flamin lights will be on in both stands regardless so OK you'll save on a couple of gatemen and a few stewards but you'll lose out on bar sales and the bookies. The away end will still need policing so what have you saved at the end of the day!!

If they're trying to save money why have the corner flag suite refurbished after the fire, I know it was on insurance but I've not seen it more than half full since it re-opened!

If we are still at BP next season I really hope we change the home end because all this moving around is just plain silly!!

If it's a cost cutting exersise like you say, how much money are we going to save. All the flamin lights will be on in both stands regardless so OK you'll save on a couple of gatemen and a few stewards but you'll lose out on bar sales and the bookies. The away end will still need policing so what have you saved at the end of the day!!

If we are still at BP next season I really hope we change the home end because all this moving around is just plain silly!!

As supporters we don't know how much they save but it must be enough for them to make it worthwhile.

Agree with your last point but as the likely scenario for that would be put the away fans in the chaddy i somehow think a lot of others wont be agreeing.

When the Lookers was demolished, a group of us moved our season tickets to the RRE. We knew about having to move occasionally, but we thought we'd see how it went. Roughly half way through that season we decided it was more of a pain than we could really be bothered with, especially as one of our group was getting on a bit and wanted to sit somewhere he could watch the game without having to stand up. So rather than b*tching and moaning on here about everything from people standing to moving for big games, we went to Alan Hardy and he very kindly arranged for us to swap our season tickets for a group of available seats in the Chaddy End.

Life's so much simpler when you're not a stubborn halfwit.

When the Lookers was demolished, a group of us moved our season tickets to the RRE. We knew about having to move occasionally, but we thought we'd see how it went. Roughly half way through that season we decided it was more of a pain than we could really be bothered with, especially as one of our group was getting on a bit and wanted to sit somewhere he could watch the game without having to stand up. So rather than b*tching and moaning on here about everything from people standing to moving for big games, we went to Alan Hardy and he very kindly arranged for us to swap our season tickets for a group of available seats in the Chaddy End.

Life's so much simpler when you're not a stubborn halfwit.

I take it you're just a halfwit then........You are welcome to the Chaddy, it's a crap stand with no atmosphere, I happen to like the RRE and I like to have a drink before the game and at half time, I also like to watch the game from a decent stand with in uninterupted view......nothing wrong with that is there!!!

Just because you collect an insurance claim it doesn't mean you have to spend it all again on the same money losing venture!

My line of thinking was that an insurance company would foot a repair bill as opposed to just sending a cheque, like they might after a theft, but you probably make a good point. :blush::crackpot: