new site

I dont know if its been mentioned on here but ive heard that we have been offered Kaskenmoor school site when/if they move elsewhere.

i dont know if plans for the school to move are in the pipeline- anybody else?

we have not accepted it as yet

I dont know if its been mentioned on here but ive heard that we have been offered Kaskenmoor school site when/if they move elsewhere.

i dont know if plans for the school to move are in the pipeline- anybody else?

we have not accepted it as yet

They wanted to merge it with south chadderton and it become a academy not sure if this is still on with the stop on the BSF Project.

They wanted to merge it with south chadderton and it become a academy not sure if this is still on with the stop on the BSF Project.

The schools in Oldham have been given the go ahead. Kaskemoor and South Chaddeton will merge into the Oasis Academy at Oak Colliery from September next year. Oldham East Academy (Replacing Grange) will be built on the Our Lady's Site. Our Lady's and St. Augustine's will move into the new Cardinal Saint John Blessed Newman Catholic College on the old Radclyffe site next year. Breeze Hill and Counthill will merge into the Waterhead Academy on the old Orb Mill site. North Chadd are getting a bloomin' big refurb and rebuild….

The problem with Kaskemoor site is the existing New Bridge? Special School is staying put and being extended. It's surrounded by Nimbys and access could be a big issue.

I'm still not sure we should be making info we've heard public, I know people are keen to share what they've heard but if we could just take a step back and sit on information instead of rushing to get it out into the public domain we may have half a chance of actually moving forward with a new stadium. Let's wait until we hear something official or we'll find ourselves up against NImby groups in Derker and Hollinwood before we've even announced what our plans are!!!!

Edited by oafcprozac

said kaskenmoor a while back drawing's been made as we speak it will hold cinima hotel house's bowling alley from kaskenmoor to the gass works also the bussinesses will all be re housed next to morrisons behind the mirror paper place.

wouldnt go as far as 'surrounded' by nimbys, considering its facing a derilict waste ground, adjoining a motorway, backing onto fields.

i will accept 'has a strip of nimbys down one wing'

Yeah and Failsworth was hardly surrounded by Nimbys, neither was Clayton - how did those two projects turn out?

sprinkle a pinch of salt on my reply. and loosen your tie.

Fair enough, the point is I'm not exactly comfortable with sharing info on this forum - walls have ears. Failsworth broke well before the club and council wanted to announce it.

'Careless talk costs football grounds…..'

Keep calm and carry on…. :wink:

Fair enough, the point is I'm not exactly comfortable with sharing info on this forum - walls have ears. Failsworth broke well before the club and council wanted to announce it.

'Careless talk costs football grounds…..'

Keep calm and carry on…. :wink:

i agree. if this was my site i would have deleted the thread.

said kaskenmoor a while back drawing's been made as we speak it will hold cinima hotel house's bowling alley from kaskenmoor to the gass works also the bussinesses will all be re housed next to morrisons behind the mirror paper place.

so in theory then its a split site....with the stadium going where the school,astro turf and sports hall currently is,plus the bit of scrubland around it....with the cinema etc etc going on the other side of the road running upto the old roxy roundabout then....those very expensive home owners backing onto kasky fields are gonna just love this then arent they....NOT

so in theory then its a split site....with the stadium going where the school,astro turf and sports hall currently is,plus the bit of scrubland around it....with the cinema etc etc going on the other side of the road running upto the old roxy roundabout then....those very expensive home owners backing onto kasky fields are gonna just love this then arent they....NOT

stadium where the gass works are carpark etc on kask

In these days of tightening belts they could probably have got away with dropping the, "catholic," bit from Newman's stationary and signage.

Think it will be 'RC' College, just worded it wrong - bloody mouthful and the kids all voted for 'All Saints' - but yet again the Bishop over-rules, the same dinosaur that thought it would be ok to build the new school on the Meridian Centre, the guy is an arrogant cock!

On a side note, I and other parents are fuming that those of us who have kids that started Year 7 this year at Our Lady's And Augustine's are having to shell out for a complete new uniform (£300+ last summer) when the schools become the Catholic College in September (ahead of the amalgamation in Sept' 2012)

Whichever prat didn't stop the man in the dress calling the school Cardinal Saint John Blessed Newman Catholic College needs shooting.

I realise a grown man still believing in the fairy stories is bad enough but to think that this in any way is a good idea is beyond me. How are they supposed to compete in inter-school competitions? The fixture lists are going to look terrible and the name will just be acronymed to CSJBNCC for everyday anyway so no matter how bloody blessed John was no one will know who he was or even that the school is named after him. If they are lucky it will become "Newman's" but all reference to him or the left-footedness will be lost.

Who says we'd have a cinema and football pitches as self-sufficiant facilities on the grounds of any new ground? A smaller site could mean different facilities being planned.

Who says we'd have a cinema and football pitches as self-sufficiant facilities on the grounds of any new ground? A smaller site could mean different facilities being planned.

I see what you did there, very interesting.

THe original plan has had a map updated in Feb

:Caution large file 25MB take a while to load

Complete Hi def map of proposals

Whichever prat didn't stop the man in the dress calling the school Cardinal Saint John Blessed Newman Catholic College needs shooting.

I realise a grown man still believing in the fairy stories is bad enough but to think that this in any way is a good idea is beyond me. How are they supposed to compete in inter-school competitions? The fixture lists are going to look terrible and the name will just be acronymed to CSJBNCC for everyday anyway so no matter how bloody blessed John was no one will know who he was or even that the school is named after him. If they are lucky it will become "Newman's" but all reference to him or the left-footedness will be lost.

Yeah, Newy's or Cardy's!!! On a serious note i'm worried of the proximity to The Radclyffe School - it could be a recipe for disaster, I still remember the punch-ups we used to have at St. Augustines when we used to have regular 'meets' with Kaskemoor and Failsworth students intent on bashing the 'left-footers' bearing in mind loads of us were off Fitton Hill and Limeside they invariably were seen off with their tails between their legs….

There speaks a soul which has never found peace over being mercilessly taunted about his bright red jumper and the nancy name of his senior school...