talk about the hype?

i wasnt really querying the actual evolution, i was going on more about why their would be a countdown clock ala the millienium.......is all this neccassary for a new kit?,,,,,it aint been done before...

They get criticised for poor marketing.

They take a knock when they make the effort.

They get criticised for poor marketing.

They take a knock when they make the effort.

WTF? ppl like you make me sick, who,s knockin anyone?.....its a querie, you sit and wait for a post to jump all over....GET A LIFE!!

WTF? ppl like you make me sick, who,s knockin anyone?.....its a querie, you sit and wait for a post to jump all over....GET A LIFE!!

Go vomit if you must.

Simply responding to you saying "is all this neccassary for a new kit?".

Life is a bit dull at the moment, but I'll cope with it.

Being told to "get a life", in capital letters no less, by a poster on a messageboard is somewhat ironic.

Edited by opinions4u

Was that real;ly neccesary?

of course! you have to be so careful what you say on here, with fear of someone jumping all your post. I was merely killing a few minutes at work with my statement, didnt want a barney wasnt controversal.....yet some tool has to come back with a smarmy comment, gets my goat up....so yes IMO it was.

of course! you have to be so careful what you say on here, with fear of someone jumping all your post. I was merely killing a few minutes at work with my statement, didnt want a barney wasnt controversal.....yet some tool has to come back with a smarmy comment, gets my goat up....so yes IMO it was.

Ok, let's start again.

Is all this really necessary for a new kit?

No. They could simply launch a new kit by sticking it in the club shop and saying nothing about it. Word would get round and some shirts would get sold. But they could then rightly be accused of doing little to market things and, as a result, negatively impacting the income for the football club.

We all know that the more money they make from gate receipts, shirt sales, programme sale etc, the sound financial position they'll be in. Having to sell the leading scorer season after season is less likely to happen.

So, assuming this 27th April thing is about shirt sales (although I don't suppose it really matters what it is), they've started to market in advance. The countdown clock has raised some eyebrows. A handful of people have commented on a messageboard. 10 times that have probably read about it and now understand that there's a date next month that matters for some reason.

Something that's cost them a few quid to set up could go viral and generate thousands of pounds of extra income for our tin pot football club. Or it might stay close to home, but generate a few hundred quid that it may otherwise have been missed out on.

Either way, they've done something. They've made the effort. People are showing an interest. I'm quite interested to see how the campaign develops. I think that's a good thing. Better than doing sod all.

Bloody hell, you are being just a tad sensitive here.

If you don't want a barney, why the complete attack on a comment?

The comment was way off being smarmy.

Look at the negative rating for your comments. That's the most negative reaction to a post on OWTB.

You don't have to be careful.

You just don't have to act like a brattish 2 year old if you don't get your own way or somene disagrees with you.

Also found this out, the guy who has done the Javascript is Andrew Hopwood, ive included a link to his site.

www.andrewhopwood.co.cc

Ps. Coding for the wearelatics site is terrible! Use firebug add in firefox and you'll see what I mean :p

Worst Website Ever

thats like playboy using Katie Price to advertise a new magazine

That's unfair... at least with Playboy you can rely on some nice wazzers once you got inside... I clicked through that site and it sure as hell doesn't get better then deeper you go!

I have a theory, at first I thought it was a new online show. but ive just had a brain wave! Maybe...just maybe it is an annoucment on the stadium front. Any thoughts?

A stadium........... we can't even pay the staff. It's time to forget all the promises including the one's that don't currently have a 'U' turn against it.