eProgrammes

82 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in an eProgramme?

2. 2. Would you buy it if you had to pay for it?

3. 3. Would you buy an eProgramme instead of a normal programme?

With an eprogramme you may be able to get some exiles to buy them.

As an exile that listens to the match via LP, I would like it to be available well before the match (time difference).

It's a winner.

If the price is kept the same the club aren't losing out. I suspect H*rdy will contort his miserly face even more if the suggestion of a cheaper alternative is floated. Lost nothing, given more to the fans.

It's a winner.

If the price is kept the same the club aren't losing out. I suspect H*rdy will contort his miserly face even more if the suggestion of a cheaper alternative is floated. Lost nothing, given more to the fans.

If i'm honest provided you could save the content to a document file and print etc… it would be a goer with me. I've got every home programme from the beginning of the 86/87 season to the present day, add to that the hundreds of other programmes I've got dating back to beginning of the 20th Century then you can see space is at a premium. This would really appeal to me. I'd still by a physical copy but would probably throw them out once i'd read them if I had a digital back up. I'd be happy, as I'd have more room, the wife wouldn't have the house so cluttered with Latics memorabilia and every one's a winner….

Surprised it hasn't been done before now. Would be great to be at the match, on the way to a match (home and away) and read the programme on a mobile device. The opportunity for advertisers to have links to their sites etc is huge too.

The possibilities are endless too once you are in the digital format. Live updates to ensure all team line-ups are correct, substitutions added, unique UGC (photos) specific to each game, half time competitions, the final score on the cover etc.

It's a winner.

have to agree with you there,yet again when mentioned once before the club raised its eyebrows and made a gruff noise in the back of its throat...

this is where you need forward thinking marketing people in the club to drag it screaming and kicking into modern times...a lot of exiles would go for this,it is a winner all round in my eyes,but i bet the club wont want anything to do with it...

Hopefully something like this will show there is a demand for it and if it reduces overall costs for publishing then it could be something good to do.

Only problems I can see is whether the publishing company would agree to this as they could lose money from it unless a deal could be done or it all done in-house instead.

This won't cure the clubs money problems but I think it would be a profitable idea that would be a step forward for the club and anything like that should be looked into.

A quick poll to see if there would actually be any interest in this?

Hmmm. eProgrammes? Not for me. I rarely buy a programme but if I do/did, I'd want it to be tangible. Same principle as downloading music. I'd download odd tracks here and there, but only VERY infrequently, and only usually if it was something I couldn't get on CD. The fact that all I tend to do with CDs is upload them to itunes and put it in my 'collection' is by the by :blush:

Just downloading an app for my ipad and Coventry have an official programmes app too (hosted by tri-active media) Get the MEN on board, they use the app technology they are our 'media partner' after-all - this SHOULD be a goer. NO EXCUSES. Remember the word was EVOLUTION last week, let's try and EVOLVE into something that resembles a progressive business,,,,

Edited by oafcprozac

Just downloading an app for my ipad and Coventry have an official programmes app too (hosted by tri-active media) Get the MEN on board, they use the app technology they are our 'media partner' after-all - this SHOULD be a goer. NO EXCUSES. Remember the word was EVOLUTION last week, let's try and EVOLVE into something that resembles a progressive business,,,,

Birmingham city have one too

....that massacres it's programme sales due to file sharing. Everyone would have "every programme dating back until...."

:(

....that massacres it's programme sales due to file sharing.

Does it? Maybe there will be a number of copies floating around however I predict the on-line community may self-police this as we are a small number of fans/members. Plus it hasn't stopped other clubs doing it.

Does it? Maybe there will be a number of copies floating around however I predict the on-line community may self-police this as we are a small number of fans/members. Plus it hasn't stopped other clubs doing it.

Exactly, Scunny get fooking maaaasssive crowds don't they?

....that massacres it's programme sales due to file sharing. Everyone would have "every programme dating back until...."

:(

I am not so sure, there will be plenty that collect the real programmes still and I doubt that market will be too badly hit.

But yes, I can see that on the day sales m ight be affected, but then the costs will be much lower if they don't have to be printed.