3. 3. Andy Todd

4. 4. Reuben Hazell

5. 5. Ritchie Jones

6. 6. Deane Smalley

7. 7. Warren Feeney

8. 8. Neal Trotman

9. 9. Aidy White

10. 10. Chris Taylor

• Keep (even if it mean using the budget of another player)
    • Sell

I was at first dead set in favour of releasing Lewi, although after a bit of a rethink given our likely circumstances next season I would offer him a new deal if he doesnt't break the bank.

All things given its likely we will have a squad of 18/20 players next season, and I think his versatility could come in handy.

However, would definitely get rid of Jones, Hazell, Brill, Smalley, Todd, McGrath, and tell Feeney to look for a new club.

I would offer Morais, Evina, Reid and MVoto deals (although I fully expect MVoto to end up elsewhere).

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised so many are saying get rid of Rod McDonald. He's only 19 and he looked very good as a trialist during pre-season. Considering some would see Hazell leave, McDonald could at the very least be a squad player to back up Tarkowski & M'Voto (hopefully he signs).

I think McDonald looked good enough to be given a chance at this level. One for the future.

I'm surprised so many are saying get rid of Rod McDonald. He's only 19 and he looked very good as a trialist during pre-season. Considering some would see Hazell leave, McDonald could at the very least be a squad player to back up Tarkowski & M'Voto (hopefully he signs).

I think McDonald looked good enough to be given a chance at this level. One for the future.

I've never seen him (missed the JPT Shrewsbury game), along with many others. That may be why that choice is being made.

If he is on three tenths of bob all, then I agree with you. But money is tight, hence why I reckon Lee, Taylor and certainly Furman (due to ability not want to sell) will be unlikely to start next season at Oldham. Depends on what the management see in training I guess.

it defies belief that people are suggesting releasing lewi and having brooke leading the line. i more than most have backed brookey up b/c i saw something at youth level and was very unlucky with the pre-season injury but its clear everytime the lad comes on that he will struggle to cut it at this level, barring his 2 goals over a 2yr period i can't remember an impact he has made on me. it is a shame as saw his stunner at st james' park in the youth cup and thought we had a star. lewis is our potential star but has been very badly managed. he was key to the quality of football both in the first 15games under shezza alongside hughes and this season in the unfamiliar left side midfield role, yet on both occassions the lad has been replaced by loanees that have over time helped to ruin a promising season. just look back to our goal of the season and watch how key lewis' (and bembos) movement and passing was. i still believe he will be a key man if given a real run in the team.

Lewi is better than Brooke, it's a shame it isn't Brooke out of contract really.

Lewi needs to be the centre if attention I think, or be given a proper run in the team, a bit like taarabt at qpr but not as good. Maybe a Reid-Lewi partnership could be what we're looking for? But he's too good to let go.

As for brooke, he's got one or two goals, but he never looks like troubling defenders or getting into the positions to finish like Royle said he can. I'd say feeney looks like scoring more than Brooke so keep Lewi and unfortunately get rid of Brooke if we can b aide h sounded good from preseason

Isn't furman out of contract? I can't see him staying

No he has another year after this one.

I'm not quite getting the Lewis Allessandra love in he has stagnated for 2 years now unfortuantely that Hat trick against Scunthorpe is as good as its got for him. Perhaps he could have been managed better but I think some of it comes down to the player himself he came back in at the start of the season and did a job but not really putting in match winning performances in that time. Perhaps it would be best for both if he moved on, wouldn't be dissapointed if he stayed the talent is their we can all see it, but I can't see him kicking on.

lewi has hardly played for the last two months and wasnt even on the bench this weekend. i would suggest he will be first out the door

I'm sure I read in the NWC earlier in the year that we had 13 players on contract for next season but i can only think of 11.

Lee

Tarkowski

Taylor

Miller

Furman

Stephens

Morais (option)

Feeney

Brooke

Reid (option)

Bembo Lita

Who are the other 2?

Edited by astottie

Duxberry was sat at our table at the presentation night and he confirmed that Rod McDonald Will be going in the summer. He said that McDonald does not put in the effort with training or his diet and is very lazy.

edit: iphone auto edit :@

Edited by LaticsLee

Duxberry was sat at our table at the presentation night and he confirmed that Rod McDonald Will be going in the summer. He said that McDonald does put in the effort with training or his diet and is very lazy.

Duxberry needs to make his mind up, either he does put in the effort with training or he is very lazy, he can't be both. <_<

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsUpdate/0,,10337~2355546,00.html

The OS states 12 players contracts are up in June. It doesn't mention Rueben Reid in that lot. Did we not sign him on a perm deal as opposed to loan? If so why isn't he in this list or is his deal longer than thought?

We did sign him on a perm ( even payed a fee ) but i thought it was only end of the season too with a option to sign for a further year like Morais.

Cedric Evina

Reuben Hazell

Phillip McGrath

Filipe Morais

Deane Smalley

In an ideal world I would only keep these, Evina I think has a lot of raw talent so would like us to try and develop him, Hazell would be a good squad player, McGrath never seen him play so give him a chance? Morais has looked good IMO, and Smalley has gone on loan and done well by all accounts.

I wouldnt really care if any of them left though apart from Morais and Evina. But I do worry if they all go we may only have the funds to bring in even worse players!! So in that case I would keep haha! It should be an interesting summer.

Edited by Oh Heck C-Beck

Cedric Evina

Reuben Hazell

Phillip McGrath

Filipe Morais

Deane Smalley

In an ideal world I would only keep these, Evina I think has a lot of raw talent so would like us to try and develop him, Hazell would be a good squad player, McGrath never seen him play so give him a chance? Morais has looked good IMO, and Smalley has gone on loan and done well by all accounts.

I wouldnt really care if any of them left though apart from Morais and Evina. But I do worry if they all go we may only have the funds to bring in even worse players!! So in that case I would keep haha! It should be an interesting summer.

in league two