• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: I heard from a few people that he is on his way back. Probably nonsense really. I think Dickinson could do a job here

I hope not, we've got rid of one disruptive influence in Jones, he'll (Slaphead) be 35 later this year and still acts like a 13 year old. He's burnt his bridges at BP especially through the alleged team-bonding incident, in addition to doggygate and his attack on Hardy...

Edited by oafcprozac

I hope not, we've got rid of one disruptive influence in Jones, he'll (Slaphead) be 35 later this year and still acts like a 13 year old. He's burnt his bridges at BP especially through the alleged team-bonding incident, in addition to doggygate and his attack on Hardy...

To be honest if he did come back and score's alot of goals then i dont really care what happened in the past to be honest, it what happens now that counts.

To be honest if he did come back and score's alot of goals then i dont really care what happened in the past to be honest, it what happens now that counts.

He won't though, he scored a :censored:load in the 4th Division, but scored about 15 this season and was in and out of the team allseason, on paper it looks a decent return but despite those 15 goals they almost went down. Even McGleish at 37 scored 19..if Dickov bides his time and does his research there's plenty of strikers out there..

He won't though, he scored a :censored:load in the 4th Division, but scored about 15 this season and was in and out of the team allseason, on paper it looks a decent return but despite those 15 goals they almost went down. Even McGleish at 37 scored 19..if Dickov bides his time and does his research there's plenty of strikers out there..

15 for a striker in and out of the team ? i'd take that!

yeah there are plenty of strikers out there but can afford one ?

McGleish scored 4 more in a team that was chasing the play offs compared to hughes who wwas in a team fighting relegation.

Edited by LaticsLee

Hughes will drop rapidly in the next few seasons.

The new Warren Feeney IMHO.

Latics fans do love to live in the past don't they.

I didn't want him here in the first place and never shared the adulation that many had for him, he is a scumbag of the highest order on and off the field and a coward that has shown little remorse for his crimes….the club hasn't felt the same since. Hughes was one of a number of factors that fractured and then split the fanbase, not all Hughes' doing but his signing is ONE of the many reasons why we're playing in front of crowds of 3,500….

Edited by oafcprozac

liam dickinson- better than craig davies, another owtb classic. you know who you are.

Another one who has seriously lost his way, if someone could sort his head out he could be as devastating as he was for Stockport. Hid problem is that like Davies before Shez took him back on, he has become a bit of journeyman. Stockport, Derby, Barnsley, Hudds, Leeds?, Dale - bearing in mind it is less than 3 years since I was there at Wembley to witness him rip Dale a new one….

Another one who has seriously lost his way, if someone could sort his head out he could be as devastating as he was for Stockport. Hid problem is that like Davies before Shez took him back on, he has become a bit of journeyman. Stockport, Derby, Barnsley, Hudds, Leeds?, Dale - bearing in mind it is less than 3 years since I was there at Wembley to witness him rip Dale a new one….

Dickov could be the man for that.

Can't see any way Hughes will end up back here, at 35 he's not a Dickov type player.

Dickinson, no thanks, he just seems to get worse and worse every time I see him play.

No, he's a player who scores goals, not one who helps out in midfield.

Cracking Fleetwood striker whose scored 6 in 6 for them....

Kiegan Parker

Really? Parker & Greegs are at the same club again? Ha - bet that's a fun dressing room!! :grin:

As for Hughes; wouldn’t want him anywhere near the club again. His signing left an unpleasant taste; and it never fully felt 'right' celebrating one of his goals. His actions in & around the club showcased his lack of intellect, and he's about the last person I'd want brought into this young & promising group of players.

Really? Parker & Greegs are at the same club again? Ha - bet that's a fun dressing room!! :grin:

As for Hughes; wouldn’t want him anywhere near the club again. His signing left an unpleasant taste; and it never fully felt 'right' celebrating one of his goals. His actions in & around the club showcased his lack of intellect, and he's about the last person I'd want brought into this young & promising group of players.

100% agreed

he was immense that day, but hasnt been anything like that in the time between then and joining dale. i'd pss on signing him to be honest, he's another striker who have played as well as they can and i'd prefer someone with something to prove