Danny Wilson New Sheff U Manager

I don't think he'll last 12 months in the job. Danny is a good manager but has always never quite managed to get a side out of this league.

With him being ex Wednesday his team will have to be near perfect every week. If United are any lower than the play offs at any point they'll be calling for his head.

I don't think he'll last 12 months in the job. Danny is a good manager but has always never quite managed to get a side out of this league.

With him being ex Wednesday his team will have to be near perfect every week. If United are any lower than the play offs at any point they'll be calling for his head.

AGree

Danny wilson seems to talk the talk but never does to me.

I don't think that Sheff Utd asked Jason Puncheon for a reference though.

Jason Puncheon

Sounds like Wilson made the dozy sod wake up and saved his career

Was just thinking that , how can he say Danny Wilson nearly ruined me , but then say “I deserved it – I was always right, I didn’t listen to the manager and the coaches and I needed that shock.

:huh:

That's how I read it too! Sounds like he was a roght little noob and needed a swift kick up the jacksy as it was.....think Wilson has probably saved his career for him; rather than 'killed him'.

as for Wilson at Sheff Utd - well, arent some chairman silly eh? what the heck did McCabe expect by appointing a hated terrace figue as the new manager. That said; I really dont think i've ever known a group of fans to be soooooo livid at an appointment? Sure people can be disappointed or puzzled; but to have a thread with a petition attached already calling for his head after he's been in the job less than 3 hours in unbelievable........for other reasons I wont go into here, I hope Utd really struggle in L1 next season; & with the fans already against the manager it looks like they will! Happy days!

Edited by slystallone

to be fair hE acknowledges that. It is the phoning round I think is a bit poor form.

Fair enough if you were asked in reference, but imagine if you boss phoned round your competitors and told them Dave OG is everyting he said, and you could not get an interview anywhere and only Lidl would take you on.

There is a massive difference just getting rid of someone telling him to his face, or getting shot and deliberatly sticking the knife in.

He went from MK Dons to Barnet, Fisher and Lewes.

Haha. Pretty funny that. He f*cked up at Swindon, he's worse than Penney is.

No, he's not. Wilson is far from a bad manager, but he might turn out to be a bad appointment given the likely unrealistic expectations from Sheff Utd (it's always the same when big Championship teams are relegated to League One).

No, he's not. Wilson is far from a bad manager, but he might turn out to be a bad appointment given the likely unrealistic expectations from Sheff Utd (it's always the same when big Championship teams are relegated to League One).

He has a limited shelflife.

Well, it is one season. He'll do great this year, be awful next.

to be fair hE acknowledges that. It is the phoning round I think is a bit poor form.

Fair enough if you were asked in reference, but imagine if you boss phoned round your competitors and told them Dave OG is everyting he said, and you could not get an interview anywhere and only Lidl would take you on.

There is a massive difference just getting rid of someone telling him to his face, or getting shot and deliberatly sticking the knife in.

He went from MK Dons to Barnet, Fisher and Lewes.

Happens in every industry - certainly happens in mine. You do people an off the record favour and they do you one.