Hill leaves Rochdale

he was always going to go to somewhere in a higher league. if dale fans thought he was going to stay forever, then they dont know much. they'll obviously be annoyed he's gone back on saying he wont go to barnsley but that's football. he's done well there and set foundations for them to do well in the future and got them promoted so they'll end up thanking him

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11713_6961241,00.html

Could be a tough season for them, lost Dawson and a couple of others as well.

oooooohh. seriously, thats going to really hurt 'Dale. Hill fostered that team's whole mentality and he was the glue that held it all together.

I really think they could well struggle now; regardless of who the next manager is*

* please please please be Dave Penney :grin:

oooooohh. seriously, thats going to really hurt 'Dale. Hill fostered that team's whole mentality and he was the glue that held it all together.

I really think they could well struggle now; regardless of who the next manager is*

* please please please be Dave Penney :grin:

They haven't got enough full backs yet for Dangerous Dave to take over.

They weren't until they improved their offer to him.

Indeed.

Money talks – I’d imagine both from his salary POV and his playing budget. If both were improved then It really is a logical step up; testing himself at Championship level.

I can only see ‘Dale struggling now – he was the pivotal ingredient to their recent upturn in fortunes; once he’s gone – I can see it going well & truly pear shaped (especially added to the fact that Dawson has returned to West Brom; Gary Jones looks to be leaving and Hill himself might just come in for 1 or 2 of his former charges for his new Barnsley squad?)

Joking apart, how the hell is Dave Penney going to find another management job in football after his performances here and at Bristol Rovers.

He someway, somehow must have just got lucky at Doncaster.

Worth £5 of my money for sure.

Think you've wasted your money but i can see why his name is in the frame..

Still think it will be a quick appointment with Gary Jones taking over myself.

Why is Andy Ritchies name in though, i don't think he'd take the job?