Carling Cup 1st Round Draw

:censored:e. rock-bottom attendance. out in the first round again?

Forest v County though, looks like I'll be staying in watching that!

Isn't that a bit hypocritical, lamenting the rock-bottom attendance but saying you'd rather watch a more glamorous match on TV? Sorry if the last line was meant to be sarcastic, or if it's for financial reasons.

It's not mouthwatering admittedly but the tide has got to turn at some point and if he plays a strong team we should have a reasonable chance of breaking the run.

Isn't that a bit hypocritical, lamenting the rock-bottom attendance but saying you'd rather watch a more glamorous match on TV? Sorry if the last line was meant to be sarcastic, or if it's for financial reasons.

It's not mouthwatering admittedly but the tide has got to turn at some point and if he plays a strong team we should have a reasonable chance of breaking the run.

thats much too positive for this board these days...you will get lambasted for such an upbeat response....were going out in the first round,relegated and out of buisness..do try to keep up

Probably is hypocritical of me, i'll attend the Latics match depending on the price, if they charge a tenner then maybe? if they said a fiver then i'd defiantly go.. providing we weren't smashed to pieces in the first game!

Its a genuine chance for progression this year, its not just about this game its about the whole cup run. At a time when the club at struggling win this and u get further money for the win, then 50% the gate at the next game and so on, then there is the feel good factor cup runs bring to a club

Personally i would rather progress than see the club lose a game away to Hull or somewhere stupid and make a few quid

Win this then take a nice ride to round 3 and play a big boy club please

Best draw we could have hoped for. There's no moneyspinners at this stage so let's give ourselves the best chance of a big tie later in the competition.

What JS said. Best Tie we could have hoped for

1) Its winnable - gives us a great chance to get to round 2 and land a prem team, meaning a nice little pay day

2) Carlisle always bring a semi decent following

Wonder if Gerry will be allowed to sit on the bench?

If they get a throw in near the technical area, they'll probably draw the shortest straw :lol:

Not happy with the match, but I'll be there. I'd of loved Burnley or Barnsley etc... away. Shame it didn't materialise, hopefully we can win and get Liverpool at home Second round :grin:

Best draw we could have hoped for. There's no moneyspinners at this stage so let's give ourselves the best chance of a big tie later in the competition.

Except maybe a League 2 team at home who arent likely to beat us?