New striker rumour

This may have already come up but according to the trust worthy football rumours site we are on the verge of signing both dickinson and le fondre. Here is the link http://football-rumours.co.uk/oldham-rumours.php. The dickinson rumour maybe true but lefondre seems a bit far fetched. Just wonder what peoples thoughts are.

Le Fondre?

:laught16:

He's being touted in region of £650k with Cardiff sniffing around. If - and it's a massive if - he's playing in our league next season then it will be with Huddersfield, Sheff Wednesday or similar who can afford that transfer fee and wages.

I'm amazed as to how many strikers we're being linked to. We're skint so we'll either secure someone on a free transfer who PD has weaved his magic and persuaded them to sign on a massive pay cut, get someone from the Prem/Championship on loan or snap up another promising lower leage striker like we did with Smith.

If we sold Stephens then whatever we got would be wiped out signing Le Fondre....and that's if we bettered clubs in the Championship on wage demands, which I seriously doubt.

I love all the rumours and I really hope that we sign a striker who can bag us 20 goals at least. I have my doubts with our budget constraints but with PD we have the greatest chance of pulling off a surprise.

Le Fondre?

:laught16:

He's being touted in region of £650k with Cardiff sniffing around. If - and it's a massive if - he's playing in our league next season then it will be with Huddersfield, Sheff Wednesday or similar who can afford that transfer fee and wages.

I'm amazed as to how many strikers we're being linked to. We're skint so we'll either secure someone on a free transfer who PD has weaved his magic and persuaded them to sign on a massive pay cut, get someone from the Prem/Championship on loan or snap up another promising lower leage striker like we did with Smith.

If we sold Stephens then whatever we got would be wiped out signing Le Fondre....and that's if we bettered clubs in the Championship on wage demands, which I seriously doubt.

I love all the rumours and I really hope that we sign a striker who can bag us 20 goals at least. I have my doubts with our budget constraints but with PD we have the greatest chance of pulling off a surprise.

I thought le fondre could leave on a free this summer because he didn't renew is contract. But if its 650 K there looking for some latics fans on that site who have put this rumour on are on gallons of beer or something to impair the judgement.

He's living off the back of 1 good season in league 2! His overall record at league and non league level reads 260 apps 70 goals but since leaving stockport he's got 17 in 85 apps at 9 different clubs.

I think we should steer IMO

He's living off the back of 1 good season in league 2! His overall record at league and non league level reads 260 apps 70 goals but since leaving stockport he's got 17 in 85 apps at 9 different clubs.

Although a lot of those 85 were substitute appearances, espeically Brighton and Rochdale.

He scored 3 in 9 in the Championship for Peterborough, was it 6 in 12 for Huddersfield.

There's something there if the mind is right and the management is good.

That’s the key bit for me. 9 clubs in what, 2 – 2 ½ years? Wowzers. Now, you could look at that 2 ways I guess.

Either he’s a lot of a bell-end, causes issues and can’t settle therefore he constantly moves on............or he just needs a chance to settle down somewhere, put roots down at club / area; work under a manager who belives in him and then he might get body & mind together and hit a patch of form?

I’m not a fan of ‘damaged goods players’ (and its been alluded too a lot on here that Dickinson falls under that) as in my experience they upset the apple cart and cause problems .........but if you can turn them around and coax out the player from them; then who knows eh?